The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

American golf will do custom fitting for you an advise on irons based on your swing etc.

Not sure how much these people know what they are doing/saying or are they just shop assistants but good way to try out the clubs on a simulator and you can see the results for yourself.

Not sure American golf is the cheapest about but would be worth shopping around.

http://hotlist.golfdigest.com/ page that has reviews on the different clubs to help you narrow down to a few sets to try.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JimStynes

Great stuff! I see they are going to have to make a couple of new holes as they need the 17th and 18th for corporate facilities. That might not go down well with members.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 11, 2014, 09:51:09 PM
Poor from Sergio there.
Will you come up to Britain for The Open if it comes in 2019? We'll get a pint.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 11, 2014, 09:53:20 PM
Poor from Sergio there.
What happens if there is a United Ireland before 2019.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 11, 2014, 09:56:54 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 11, 2014, 09:53:20 PM
Poor from Sergio there.
What happens if there is a United Ireland before 2019.
Don't worry about that! That is 2020.

Gabriel_Hurl

A few more pics from the course I played on Saturday

Good day all round (apart from the score) - as soon as we pulled up - there was guys who took your clubs to your carts.

Went in a registered - got our course guide and ball marker. We had gotten a deal that let you play 18 holes with power cart, 2 meals before and after the round and a free polo and cap.

Excellent service - they had provided a sleeve of balls and bottles of water in the cart as well.

#3 (12 at Augusta) - which I birdied  8)

#4 (13 at Augusta)

#9 (Pine Valley)

#10 (1 at St Andrew's Old Course - shares fairway with 18)

#15 (Road Hole)

Looking across at #17 - with #10 and #18 in the background

Shirt, cap and course guide

Applesisapples

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 12, 2014, 03:17:53 PM

Good day all round (apart from the score) - as soon as we pulled up - there was guys who took your clubs to your carts.

Went in a registered - got our course guide and ball marker. We had gotten a deal that let you play 18 holes with power cart, 2 meals before and after the round and a free polo and cap.

Excellent service - they had provided a sleeve of balls and bottles of water in the cart as well.

#4 (13 at Augusta)

#9 (Pine Valley)

#15 (Road Hole)

Maybe I'm thick but where is this? Agusta or St Andrews?

screenexile

I think it's a course that has recreated some of the best Golf holes from around the world??!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 13, 2014, 10:14:05 AM

#4 (13 at Augusta)

#9 (Pine Valley)

#15 (Road Hole)

Maybe I'm thick but where is this? Agusta or St Andrews?

Neither I would say! I think it's a golf course that's made up of assorted replica signature holes from famous courses.

Applesisapples

Orior

Golf always reminds me that there are those who have, and there are those who have nothing  :-\

I console myself by saying that I started out with nothing (middle child syndrome) and deserve the pleasure I get from playing golf on courses like that above.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians