The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

AZ you are home and hosed. Good bet.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

He's still liable to do something mad. I thought he'd done it with that mad shot from the trees.

gerrykeegan

Jiminez at 150/1 happy days

ONeill

Boring back 9 but Bubba deserved it all weekend.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: ONeill on April 13, 2014, 11:58:42 PM

Agreed. No real excitement.

AQMP

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 14, 2014, 12:04:32 AM

Aye, the final round was a bit of a snoozefest.  I've said for a while but the Masters has become glorified crazy golf. Players putting with their back to the hole and good golf shots punished?  Just not cricket (or golf)

Asal Mor

Quote from: Puckoon on April 08, 2014, 05:28:51 PM
Phil - I'm kinda on the fence about him, but can never count him out. Augsuta suits lefties. Much easier to cut the ball than draw it and Augusta favours right to left. Lefties have won 5 out of the last 11 (granted, Phil has 3 of those).

Bubba - see above. Lefty love.

I remember reading this and thinking I'd put a few quid on Bubba, then I forgot about it. That's the way it goes but good analysis Puck.

Orior

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 14, 2014, 12:04:32 AM

The most exciting bit was watching big Mrs Watson console wee Bubba.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

First 18 of the season out of the way today. Missed second half of the Pool game.

Didn't shoot great but noticed the slicing was happening a lot less with using this new grip.

Onwards and upwards.

Puckoon

Short season Gabriel! 17th round of the YTD this morning. Headed to Yocha Dehe outside Sacramento this weekend coming for a men's club trip. 4 rounds in 2 days, hopefully win a few shackles.

http://www.yocha-de-hegolfclub.com/courses.php

Threw the new sticks and wedges in the bag this weekend. Happy enough too.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on April 20, 2014, 11:46:46 PM
Short season Gabriel! 17th round of the YTD this morning. Headed to Yocha Dehe outside Sacramento this weekend coming for a men's club trip. 4 rounds in 2 days, hopefully win a few shackles.

http://www.yocha-de-hegolfclub.com/courses.php

Threw the new sticks and wedges in the bag this weekend. Happy enough too.
Gab has some issues with the weather in his neck of the woods!

Puckoon

Would drive me f-ing crazy to have that weather. I played 82 rounds last year. Get cranky if I don't get out every couple days!

Bought junior her first set of clubs this weekend and she said last night "dad, I want to play golf every Saturday and Sunday like you. Except when it's cold, then you can keep going out with the guys".

JimStynes

Just an update to let everyone know that I'm still shit at golf

Cant wait to go and hack up the course tomorrow though! The life of a teacher

Kidder81

Looking to get back playing after a few years hiatus, any ideas on best places for clubs?

Saw these ones on American Golf -

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf-clubs/sets-of-irons/wilson-staff-di11-irons-steel-5-sw-205306.html

Anyone recommend a decent set of irons for around £300 mark ? Cheers

bigfrank

You def wont slice the 3 iron anyway using that set of irons,that i assure u! They do look decent and in and the market myself for new irons having used a 2nd hand set of srixons this past two years. anyone any books or youtube videos that they swear by or think are useful,playing off 17 but self taught with weird grip and hardly two swings the same it seems lol