The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

McIlroy birdied 3 of the last 4 to end up with a 71 (+3). His marker, Augusta member Jeff Knox, shot a 70!

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Kidder81

I am probably wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we have already seen the best of McIlroy

Hardy

I've just seen something I've never seen before, playing or watching golf - Jimmy Walker playing a pitch shot on the green. I didn't know it was allowed.

Minder

Quote from: Hardy on April 12, 2014, 11:25:59 PM
I've just seen something I've never seen before, playing or watching golf - Jimmy Walker playing a pitch shot on the green. I didn't know it was allowed.

Yeah it's "aloud" as they say on here, it's just rare that you would have an advantage chipping on the green.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

redcard

Quote from: Minder on April 13, 2014, 12:07:30 AM

Yeah it's "aloud" as they say on here, it's just rare that you would have an advantage chipping on the green.

I remember one of the Usa golfers doing it during the Ryder cup a few years back. At the time I remember it was frowned upon but not illegal. You would think the green keeper wouldn't be too happy

mouview

Seen Els do it in the final round of a Major also. Sometimes done if there is no direct line of green between the ball position and pin, i.e. a spit of non-green or bunker lies in between.

I must be in the minority that hopes we have yet to see the best of McIlroy; technically, Augusta should suit his game, with it's long-driving and high ball-flight. One gets the feeling though that he's trying nearly too hard, that he wants it too bad. Quite unlucky in R2 it must be said, every mistake he made was punished over-severely I thought and just couldn't get a putt to drop.

whitegoodman

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 12, 2014, 09:22:23 PM
I am probably wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we have already seen the best of McIlroy

Yes you would be wrong......

laoislad

Shaping up to be a good back 9 in Augusta.

Gabriel_Hurl

gerrykeegan

Quote from: laoislad on April 13, 2014, 10:05:49 PM

Are you not in the Coombe?

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 13, 2014, 11:03:31 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 13, 2014, 10:05:49 PM

Are you not in the Coombe?
Nope. No sign of anything happening yet.
I was sure I would miss the match today  :D

ONeill

Bubba well in control. Shouldn't stumble.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerrykeegan

Can't see Bubba losing it. I have Jimenez and Kuchar e/w. Hoping they stay safe.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

My €5 e/w on Bubba is looking good. 28/1.