The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Lowest round Phil 20/1 (E/W)
Lowest round Rory 16/1 (E/W)
Keegan Bradley Place only 7/1 (5 places)
Victor Dubuisson Outright 100/1 (E/W)

(I know nothing about betting - but I have to spend my winnings from backing Arsenal's opponents recently)
MWWSI 2017

mouview

Quote from: DennistheMenace on April 10, 2014, 09:06:30 AM
Zach Johnson won it and he's one of the smallest hitters on tour. The winning total that year was very high at +1, having distance does give you a massive advantage and being able to shape the ball. Fancy Dustin myself.

Can't help remembering a recent journo's quote re: Dustin - "He's so dense, light bends around him."

AZOffaly

Love the masters. The sight of the Azeleas and Magnolias always heralds the start of the summer to me. I even planted a Magnolia tree thing in my driveway, and it flowers just in time for the Masters every year :)

Not been following the golf at all this year so far, but for the craic I have a fiver each way on Bubba Watson and Keegan Bradley

AZOffaly

Any audio apps or anything to listen on the ipod at work?

cornerback

Each Way on:
McIlroy
Day
Kuchar
Moore (did this before he won the par 3)

Orior

I went on the nose for:

Day
McDowell
Rose
Garcia
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gerrykeegan

Kucher
Mannassero
Hanson
Jiminez
Tim Clarke
YE Yang
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

glens abu

went for Stenson
              Day
              Kuchar to win and Donaldson e/w @ 100/1.Love the Masters

charlieTully

kuchar as well,
Gary Woodland and Angel.

couples to be first round leader.

Puckoon

Zach Johnson won it and he's one of the smallest hitters on tour. The winning total that year was very high at +1, having distance does give you a massive advantage and being able to shape the ball. Fancy Dustin myself.

One of the coldest masters in history and the big hitters were reined in that year. Leveled it up for Zach Johnson and his wedge work and short game got him home.

I still took a slice of him at 30-1 this year though.

I've nearly everyone backed except Adam Scott and Phil!

Puckoon

AZ there's a masters app I use for the iPhone. Not sure if it's licensed in Europe or not but it has a few video holes on it

AZOffaly

Quote from: Puckoon on April 10, 2014, 02:04:38 PM
AZ there's a masters app I use for the iPhone. Not sure if it's licensed in Europe or not but it has a few video holes on it
Is that the official one? Yeah, I have that if so, but I was hoping someone would be doing the early rounds on radio.

laoislad

Try the tunein radio app you might find a station covering it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Puckoon on April 10, 2014, 02:01:55 PM

One of the coldest masters in history and the big hitters were reined in that year. Leveled it up for Zach Johnson and his wedge work and short game got him home.

I still took a slice of him at 30-1 this year though.

I've nearly everyone backed except Adam Scott and Phil!

Yeah it was bit of a freak year if you look at other winning totals. Green in regulation stat is probably the biggest factor in winning, then scrambling.

leaveherinsir

small each way bets on Sergio. Day. Sneedeker. Stricker. Thus 3 of them will miss the cut and the other (Garcia) will lead after 3 rounds only to finish with an 80 and in a tie for 7th, rendering Paddy Power £20 richer and my wallet £20 lighter.
Great quote from Lawerence Donegan on the radio last night." A great tournament on a great course hosted by a terrible golf club" . Anyone looking for an alternative way to follow it on twitter check out his @ByTheMinGolf account.