The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count 10

I think this covers it...

Whether your ball lies on the putting green or on the apron of the putting green you may remove loose impediments that are either on the putting green or off the putting green. Sand and loose soil are loose impediments when they are on the putting green, but not when they are off it (Definition of Loose Impediments). Part of Rule 23-1 states;

Except when both the loose impediment and the ball lie in or touch the same hazard, any loose impediment may be removed without penalty.

maco

I think that's pretty clear. Thanks guys.

stephenite

Quote from: maco on September 15, 2013, 10:57:32 PM
Orior - the guy who mentioned it is actually a good friend.

Sounds like the guy who calls in after seeing an infraction in super slow mo replay. I'd get some new friends

Orior

Quote from: stephenite on September 17, 2013, 02:13:23 AM

Sounds like the guy who calls in after seeing an infraction in super slow mo replay. I'd get some new friends

It will be interesting to hear the next exciting episode when Maco informs his playing partners of their misjudgement. Will they admit their error?

Tune in next Monday to find out.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Count 10

We have all had bad days on the course....Italian Open...fair play to him for returning his card...mine would have been in nearest bin

145 STUMPO (AM), Chad* +22 18 +22 94 - - - 94

laoislad

I see GMac and Lowry well represent Ireland at this year's Golf World Cup event.
All this talk of Mcilroy representing Ireland at Olympics has anyone ever mentioned who GMac will play for?
I'd say he would have no problem playing for Ireland.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Quote from: Count 10 on September 19, 2013, 06:19:43 PM
We have all had bad days on the course....Italian Open...fair play to him for returning his card...mine would have been in nearest bin

Chad Stumpo (is that his real name?) was playing with David Dixon +3, and Mikael Lundberg +5

Afterwards in an interview with Sky Sports, David and Mikael said "Jeez, it was like playing with Jim Stynes"

Count 10

Quote from: Orior on September 19, 2013, 10:02:18 PM

Chad Stumpo (is that his real name?) was playing with David Dixon +3, and Mikael Lundberg +5

Afterwards in an interview with Sky Sports, David and Mikael said "Jeez, it was like playing with Jim Stynes"

His second round was an eleven shot improvement at 83....hope for us all!!

Orior

Fair play to Stenson. He lost over £1m in bad investments, but todays win will help him back up. Of all the guys on the tour, Henrik seems like good craic to play a round of golf with.

I also liked the way Rose hung around to congratulate him.

Gabriel_Hurl

Tony Baloney

Kick a man when he's down  ;D*

All references are to Gaaboard Jim Stynes, not the Jim Stynes.

Gabriel_Hurl

There was a fella on the Challenge Tour in Ukraine last week had a first round 107 (+37)

edit:This guy

Orior

Hmmm, is Pawel Japol the son of a rich Ukranian industrialist?

leaveherinsir

Quote from: stephenite on September 17, 2013, 02:13:23 AM

Refer yor friend to this twitter page
@GolfClubWankers

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2013, 10:59:30 PM

Kick a man when he's down  ;D*

All references are to Gaaboard Jim Stynes, not the Jim Stynes.

Haha bastards!