The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

anyone played the golf courses in Vegas? Anyone in particular that you recommend. One that doesnt cost a fortune would be good. We are stayign at the Wynn Encore and it is 500 dollars a round at their course!!

Puckoon

It's going to cost you regardless in Vegas Jim - but your best bets are 30-60 minutes off the strip. Badlands and Pauite Wolf course are going to be good. You're talking over $100 for both if I recall (its been a number of years).

I'd check out golfnow.com and I'd also check in with your hotel for deals (outside of the Wynn course of course).

When are you going? It was 117 there last week...

JimStynes

Going in August!! Wasn't there someone who died due to the heat? I've been twice before but never in that heat. I must check out that site

Puckoon

You may get some screaming deals in the mid day heat.

Hydrate or die.

JimStynes

Quote from: Puckoon on July 10, 2013, 06:10:45 PM
You may get some screaming deals in the mid day heat.

Hydrate or die.

I'll be playing at 6am!! Don't care if its dark or not.

Puckoon

You'll really pay $$$ at that time. It's actually not to bad mid-day. Just wear white and light, and drink plenty!

laoislad

Don't be interfering with the beer cart girls.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Count 10

Play suspended again today at Portrush in North of Ireland Championship....sea mist.....mind you it took 6 yes 6 hours for a 3 ball on Monday :o :o.....too many watching Sky >:(

passedit

Quote from: Orior on July 10, 2013, 08:34:51 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 10, 2013, 07:36:20 AM
Quote from: passedit on July 09, 2013, 10:44:29 PM
Bit of guidance required. Anywhere near the Cooley peninsular where a man could get on to a golf course without a handicap?
I honestly can't remember the last time I was asked for a handicap certificate in Ireland.

I'd guess that as long as you're dressed right, and your equipment doesn't look like it was dragged from your grandad's closet, then you'll never be asked or challenged, even if you hold the club cackhanded and pop your first tee shot three feet.

A friend of mine was teeing off in Portugal, completely miss hit his drive and it bounced 20 yards left onto the first teebox of an adjacent golf course. He asked the starter if he was allowed to play the ball, and the starter said "yes, as long a you pay a second gree fee"

I asked the question because i'd tried to book Greenore online and got stymied by must fill in fields for handicap and golf club. took a run over there this morning and booked an afternoon tee time no problem. Had to quit after 12 holes as I'd run out of balls. Now i know while they ask for a handicap.
Don't Panic

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2013, 08:07:49 PM
Don't be interfering with the beer cart girls.....

cant promise anything. what happens in vegas......

Mickey Linden

Quote from: JimStynes on July 10, 2013, 05:31:04 PM
anyone played the golf courses in Vegas? Anyone in particular that you recommend. One that doesnt cost a fortune would be good. We are stayign at the Wynn Encore and it is 500 dollars a round at their course!!

Me and the dog talking about going for a few holes. Sure we will keep u posted!

JimStynes

Quote from: Mickey Linden on July 10, 2013, 10:20:05 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 10, 2013, 05:31:04 PM

Me and the dog talking about going for a few holes. Sure we will keep u posted!

the dog wont be out of the strip club when he's in vegas! He wont see day light until he heads to the airport

Count 10

Nice to see Lefty Phil win today, another nice payday for Gareth Maybin 8)

Declan

QuoteRosapenna is immense, though if truth be told Sandy Hills is a bit unfair. I don't mind losing balls in the rough; you deserve that. But it's the series of raised greens that need attacked with low irons and woods that just put it beyond a golfer like me. But it is a fantastic experience on a stunning layout and worth driving Ireland for. Tom Morris is a pretty decent links too. Doesn't get the pulses racing but a very enjoyable walk, and almost the antidote to Sandy Hill's potential for ruining you.

Well lads - Portsalon was fantastic on the first day with some great holes but Oh my God - Sandy Hills is just unbelievable. If there's a better golf hole in the world than the 6th well I haven't seen it. Golfing paradise it was and a truly great course. Great weather, memorable shots ( drove a par 4 and had two birdies on Sandy Hills), lost golf balls, great craic in the Harbour Bar chatting golf and football, great porter and just a wonderful place.

And I won the money ;) ;)

Walter Cronc

Anyone heading over for the Open?