The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Orior on May 24, 2013, 01:17:05 PM
Ex pals (if you believe the gutter press) McDowell and McIlroy playing together today again.

After both bogeyed the first hole, the chances are high that both will miss the cut.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2013/tournamentid=2013038/leaderboard/index.html
The cut mark is gone to +2 so probably a good chance they will sneak in for the weekend if they play any sort of golf today - conditions not great though............

Orior

5 bogeys and 3 birdies in the opening 9 holes.

Rory's proposed new management team will have its work cut out coming up with excuses.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Count 10

Both GMac and Rory miss cut at +5

Minder

McIlroy +6 after 16 holes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

glens abu

Quote from: Minder on May 30, 2013, 05:58:35 PM
McIlroy +6 after 16 holes.

Keeps this form up nobody will want him for the Olympics. :-[

Milltown Row2

Harrington had the same problem after winning a few majors, the lose form and struggle to get back to the standards they set. Will Rory be the same?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

I think that Padraig's was more mechanical. He tried to re-tool his swing and then it all went to shite.

Honestly I think Rory is incredibly distracted by things in his life which are taking precendent over his golfing. Too much, too soon. He has all the talent in the world though, so I don't think it will last all that long.

Orior

Last week the Sky commentators thought that the solution for Rory is simple.

He needs to sort out his backswing on his drives. Dont know about today, but his driving was the problem at Wentworth.

Minder

Quote from: Orior on May 30, 2013, 10:21:42 PM
Last week the Sky commentators thought that the solution for Rory is simple.

He needs to sort out his backswing on his drives. Dont know about today, but his driving was the problem at Wentworth.

Butch Harmon reckons there is too much of an entourage around him now.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Count 10

Rory needs to get back to the basics that got him to NO1...more time on the course/practice area....less time spent on social media ;)

southdown

Anyone heading to the open this weekend?

give her dixie

I will be down at the Open on the Friday and Sunday. Anyone up for a beer in the Heineken Tent at the 17th?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Orior

Harrington's performance at the weekend in Connecticut does not bode well.

southdown

I'll be there on Saturday.  Tent at the 17th looks like the spot to be.  Showing the Lions test on a big screen as well.  Does anyone know how long the train takes from Connolly Station out to Maynooth?