The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

It's been said before, but why do Sky have to persist with Monty on the microphone  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Another good win for the Irish!

Tony Baloney

A million dollars for GMac. No bad.

Billys Boots

Who says coming from a windy country has no advantages!!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LeoMc

A good win for GMAc.
A likeable enough fellow. Sometimes the accent annoys me, then I realise the alternative. He could be talking with a North coast accent.

Rossie11

10ew Gmac
5ew Jacquelin
Jacquelin made heavy work of it. 9 play off holes where he missed 5 putts to win it.

heganboy

thing about Gmacs game  is that his low ball flight and putting really suit the american courses in windy conditions. Masters is always a going to be a struggle, unless there's a lot of wind, as it is suited more to a high ball flight.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Rossie11

You are right Heganboy. This course was all about accuracy off the tee and that is McDowells real strength

Minder

GMac really should be winning more than he has.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heganboy

i think you'll see him feature a lot this year, he made an equipment change after the US open win, and he coasted that year. He was having putting issues last year, which is one of the strengths of his game.  A lot has changed the last year, he has settled a lot, getting married in September, his accuracy of the tee is top 10 on the tour, and that win yesterday puts him back into the world top ten. He is one of the steadiest players on tour, he has a lot of self belief, and as his playoff win in the invitational couple of years back showed he has the stones to hang with tiger. Bring all of those together and I think you'll see a lot from Mr McDowell in the coming months.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Megaman

Rossie11

I think he has been excellent the past year.
In the 4 majors last year he finished 12th in the masters and that was his worst position!!
This year he has had a win, 2 top tens and 5th in the matchplay.
It adds up to the guts of 4m USD in the bank the past 14months
Think he will give either the US Open or the PGA another good run this season

Orior

I wanted to console Webb Simpson's wife, as did the Sky Sports camera man who couldnt get close enough to her.

southdown

Any news on the Irish Open at the end of June in terms of who's playing etc?