The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Same deer spray that Ray Lewis(Baltimore Ravens) was implicated in but you won't find him withdrawing from Sunday's match!!

leaveherinsir

They better check out Mickleson as well. He is -11 after 16. If he birdies 17 or 18 it will be a 59!!
edit: he lipped out for birdie on his 18th. Only a 60!

DrinkingHarp

Harrington kicking a few American footballs into the stands at the 16th hole (Waste Management Phoenix) after a good tee shot and in second place to Phil. He is having fun in the sun. As soon as video is available I will post it up.

Here he is kicking
http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/video.html/2013/02/02/harrington-kick-on-no--16-in-round-3-of-waste-management
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Orior

Brilliant!

The 16th hole certainly adds some colour to the world of golf. Robert Garrigus's caddie was the best.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Background.

We're playing a doubles match as part of the usual Saturday round of golf. My partner and I loose miserably on the 15th hole. £1 down the drain.

So we challenge our opposition to "Double or Quits"

I always thought that:
- If we win two of the last three holes then it is quits.
- If our opponents win two of the last thee holes then we pay out double.
- But if the three holes are a draw, then we still pay out double.

Nothing on google about this. What are your thoughts?

muppet

Quote from: Orior on February 16, 2013, 07:28:46 PM
Background.

We're playing a doubles match as part of the usual Saturday round of golf. My partner and I loose miserably on the 15th hole. £1 down the drain.

I always thought that:
- If we win two of the last three holes then it is quits.
- If our opponents win two of the last thee holes then we pay out double.
- But if the three holes are a draw, then we still pay out double.

I'm thinking about lots of beer and a bunch of cheerleaders on a Caribbean beach.

What happened your bet?
MWWSI 2017

Orior

gerrykeegan

Background.

I always thought that:
- If we win two of the last three holes then it is quits. Agree
- If our opponents win two of the last thee holes then we pay out double. Agree
- But if the three holes are a draw, then we still pay out double. No you pay out first bet, second bet drawn

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

South v North in the World Matchplay this week with Lowry up against Mcilroy and Harrington facing McDowell.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hardy

ziggy90

Quote from: laoislad on February 18, 2013, 11:25:53 AM
South v North in the World Matchplay this week with Lowry up against Mcilroy and Harrington facing McDowell.

Haven't they paired Lowry with Woods? Something to do with someone dropping out.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Puckoon

Quote from: gerrykeegan on February 16, 2013, 09:37:21 PM
Background.

I always thought that:
- If we win two of the last three holes then it is quits. Agree
- If our opponents win two of the last thee holes then we pay out double. Agree
- But if the three holes are a draw, then we still pay out double. No you pay out first bet, second bet drawn

What Gerry said. Been playing a lot of fun games recently. I never knew there were so many gambling options. Wolf, nassau's, carts. It can get expensive with automatic presses and junk!

laoislad

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 18, 2013, 03:14:46 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 18, 2013, 11:25:53 AM

Haven't they paired Lowry with Woods? Something to do with someone dropping out.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/american-tour/2013/0218/368306-irish-meetings-confirmed-in-match-play/

Shane Lowry will face Rory McIlroy in the first round of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona on Wednesday.

With Phil Mickelson and Brandt Snedeker pulling out of the first of this season's world championships Lowry, winner of the 2009 Irish Open as an amateur, was in line to clash with second seed Tiger Woods.
But that changed when Swede Fredrik Jacobson, last man in as replacement for the injured Snedeker, finished joint third at the Northern Trust Open in Los Angeles and moved up on the world rankings from 66th into the top 50, leaving Lowry to face the world number one.

McIlroy versus Lowry is not the only all-Irish duel. Graeme McDowell has to take on Padraig Harrington.
Woods will now meet his former Presidents Cup partner Charles Howell, while third seed Luke Donald - joint 16th in his first event of the year at Riviera after a disappointing closing 75 - will be up against German Marcel Siem.

the Deel Rover

Our man is going well in the matchplay
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

laoislad

Great chip in from Lowry.
1 up.