Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2012, 02:26:56 PM
Proof that 1 is greater than 0
=====================

We know that:  Zach has 1 major

We also know that:  Nine of the Europeans have 0 majors

Rossie11 says that: Zach is greater that nine of the Europeans

Hence, 1 is greater than 0

Q.E.D.

Think you and Rossie need to go do your sums again.

Megaman

Quote from: glens abu on September 05, 2012, 02:29:21 PM
=====================

Q.E.D.

in what way, off the to pof my head i counted 9 who havent (open to correction though)

if i had a team and stricker was my weakest player i would be happy. Plus he plays along side the strongest player very well

i find the USA team very strong throughout the team, compared to Europe  - Poulter for one  ::)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Megaman on September 05, 2012, 03:03:05 PM
=====================

Q.E.D.

i find the USA team very strong throughout the team, compared to Europe  - Poulter for one  ::)

I don't really like Poulter but he has generally played very well in Ryder Cups.

mackers

Quote from: Megaman on September 05, 2012, 03:03:05 PM
=====================

Q.E.D.

in what way, off the to pof my head i counted 9 who havent (open to correction though)

if i had a team and stricker was my weakest player i would be happy. Plus he plays along side the strongest player very well

I think what he means is that it is only 8 who haven't won a major.
McIlroy, McDowell, Kaymer and Lawrie all have won majors.

Q.E.D.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

glens abu

That's correct Mackers you would think some of these smartasses would check their facts before correcting people

Puckoon

I would fear for the European team if this was a straight up stroke play 4 day tournament. Granted, I mostly watch the PGA tour, but many of the Europeans are playing week in and week out in it and while they are winning and doing well - almost all of the players in the American side have been on the front page of the leaderboard on any given Sunday.

Match play is a very different animal, and that I hope is where the European hope lies for a win. We've been hammering them in the majors, G-mac and Rory have taken some great scalps over the last two years. Sergio is coming back into form this year and Poulter's Ryder cup record is fantastic.

If Westwood and Donald can do something also, Justin Rose can rediscover some of his early 2012 form and the rest of the duffers just make themselves hard to beat - then we have a chance.

USA
1.   Tiger Woods (3)
2.   Phil Mickelson (22)
3.   Bubba Watson, (8)
4.   Jason Dufner, (7)
5.   Keegan Bradley (12)
6.   Webb Simpson (5)
7.   Zach Johnson  (16)
8.   Matt Kuchar (13)
9.   Dustin Johnson (14)
10.   Jim Furyk (30)
11.   Brandt Snedeker (18)
12.   Steve Stricker (10)

Europe
Rory McIlroy (1)
Justin Rose (9)
Graeme McDowell (15)
Paul Lawrie (28)
Francesco Molinari (25)
Luke Donald (2)
Lee Westwood (4)
Sergio Garcia (17)
Peter Hanson (34)
Martin Kaymer (29)
Ian Poulter (26)
Nicolas Colsaerts (36)

I entered the official world rankings of each player there, startlingly high numbers on the European sides, and I think it puts the Stricker/Johnson debate to bed  ;). Dustin Johnson for his length should be winning more, but his short game has been poor.

heganboy

Puck,
the weighting on the world rankings mean that Kaymer's 2010 and 2011 puts him at 29. There's no way that he should be there. In fact Colsaerts winning last time out would have knocked Kaymer out of the automatic spots, and I dont see any way he would have made a wild card. But I would agree that the US has a stronger stoke play team.

overall the US are 8/11 on with the best prices  (tens) on a 1 point win, the minimum.

I'd say thats pretty fair..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

I havent seen much of him HB - are you saying he should be higher or lower in the rankings?

If they are weighted so far back, one example stands out to me as being weird (admittedly at first glance) - why is Rose higher than G-Mac?

stew

I have done tremendously well over the years in backing the Yoyos.......................this year i am not touching them, i think we are going to get our arses handed to us, the yanks are loaded for bear and we are going to get beat by three points or more........................ i think.

I am not betting a penny on the ryder cup this year just because i could not bet against the euros and would never back the Yanks but this is going to be a beat down I reckon  and not in a good way.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Quote from: stew on September 05, 2012, 05:56:13 PM
is going to be a beat down I reckon  and not in a good way.

Stew,
I tend to agree with you. the biggest challenge for the US is if the press put them under a ton of pressure and they choke. As they are playing right now (summer 2012) , the US team is way ahead of the Euros, w Rory and  even GMac the stand out  exceptions...

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Orior

Did any of you take the Thursday train to this year's Irish Open?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19488617

It looks like you had a lucky escape

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

give her dixie

Rory is looking good tonight for another win. Let's hope he keeps the good form up for another few holes.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Orior

Great entertainment at the golf. How did I ever cope with Sunday evenings before I got Sky Sports?

Orior

3 ahead and 2 holes to go. C'mon Rory!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2012, 09:08:40 PM
Did any of you take the Thursday train to this year's Irish Open?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19488617

It looks like you had a lucky escape

Saw that in the paper a few days ago. Didn't realise it was during the Irish Open  :o