Car Insurance!!!!!

Started by balladmaker, January 21, 2010, 07:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

House insurance isn't even that dear, few hundred a year. Imagine paying a mortgage on a house for a house you don't have, for 20 years. Christ it would ruin you.

Seriously, insure your bloody house.

clarshack

Agree. House Insurance is way more important.

bigfrank

Who do you have your house insurance out with?? Anyone you would recommend?

Saffrongael

Quote from: bigfrank on November 09, 2023, 08:41:19 PMWho do you have your house insurance out with?? Anyone you would recommend?

It doesent really matter who you are with as it's the underwriter you will be battling with when making a claim. There aren't that many underwriters in the UK
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

Sainsburys/Zurich via moneysupermarket.com  worked well for me there recently

clarshack

House Insurance renewal came through there and is up over 200% from last year. Knew it was going up but didn't expect that much of an increase lol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on November 22, 2023, 07:19:21 PMHouse Insurance renewal came through there and is up over 200% from last year. Knew it was going up but didn't expect that much of an increase lol.

Ours was £320 or something like that with Halifax, so renewal came in, £440, wife went on to comparison site, Halifax had a quote for £300!!

Basically phoned them and they reduced it to £295!

They must just print up a figure for renewals laugh their bollocks off and post it for the craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2023, 07:44:52 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 22, 2023, 07:19:21 PMHouse Insurance renewal came through there and is up over 200% from last year. Knew it was going up but didn't expect that much of an increase lol.

Ours was £320 or something like that with Halifax, so renewal came in, £440, wife went on to comparison site, Halifax had a quote for £300!!

They must just print up a figure for renewals laugh their bollocks off and post it for the craic

Compare NI only coming in a bit cheaper. Haven't even made any house insurance claims since the house was built 3 years ago.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on November 22, 2023, 08:02:39 PM

Compare NI only coming in a bit cheaper. Haven't even made any house insurance claims since the house was built 3 years ago.

This time last year my home insurance was £336. With 1 claim it's now £1063. 1 claim in 25 years with the cnuts. Rang round a load of others, all piggy backing off my claim yet none have ever paid me a penny.
I view the insurance Halifax paid me as a shiity loan with massive interest rates

quit yo jibbajabba

Know of a couple who got tens of thousands of a claim this past year shall we say due to quite a bad bit of damage, burst pipe if I can recall. Great for them but I shudder to think what their renewal will be....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on November 22, 2023, 09:11:56 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 22, 2023, 08:02:39 PM

This time last year my home insurance was £336. With 1 claim it's now £1063. 1 claim in 25 years with the cnuts. Rang round a load of others, all piggy backing off my claim yet none have ever paid me a penny.
I view the insurance Halifax paid me as a shiity loan with massive interest rates

I've made one claim (was Tesco at time) we moved into current house about 20 years ago and noticed a leak from the en-suite, so assessors came out, no marine wall in shower unit!

So both shower units ( en-suite is adjacent to bathroom shower) had to come out, the builder came and after chatting a bit he said, "you're from the road?" I'd no idea what road but said aye!

He then went on and said I'll take all the tiles off, replace them both along the walls and floors! Brand new units, plasterboard ceilings in both downstairs rooms...

So I'm not surprised they bump up the rates.. but, we moved to new house insurance company and the quote was cheap as chips!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 22, 2023, 09:19:07 PMKnow of a couple who got tens of thousands of a claim this past year shall we say due to quite a bad bit of damage, burst pipe if I can recall. Great for them but I shudder to think what their renewal will be....

I had a significant claim a few years ago, tens of thousands, burst pipe. That year the renewal was fine, even after declaring the claim, last year it more than doubled, it's down a bit this year.

My current insurer actually refused to give me a renewal this year for some reason. It is all a con.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

ONeill

My car insurance was around £18 a month.

I stuck the young lad on it recently and it went up to £120 a month. I needed him on it that day but realised soon after it had been sorted by someone else (long story). Phoned them back within 2 hrs and said cancel that. They said no problem, back to your old insurance then. £100 a month. I said, but it was £18 and they said, tough. Poor error on my part.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 22, 2023, 09:41:10 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 22, 2023, 09:19:07 PMKnow of a couple who got tens of thousands of a claim this past year shall we say due to quite a bad bit of damage, burst pipe if I can recall. Great for them but I shudder to think what their renewal will be....

I had a significant claim a few years ago, tens of thousands, burst pipe. That year the renewal was fine, even after declaring the claim, last year it more than doubled, it's down a bit this year.

My current insurer actually refused to give me a renewal this year for some reason. It is all a con.
I'd say in that instance the con wasn't on the part of the insurers  ;)

JoG2

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 22, 2023, 09:41:10 PM

Who are you with if you don't mind me asking Saffron? I tried compare the market etc... Some were £1600 for the year.

Does the fact I've claimed reset after 5 years?