Laois Senior Football Team 2019

Started by Don Draper, August 10, 2018, 09:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrimtain

What about O'Sullivan, Byrne and Diarmaid Bennett from Port and Daly from St Josephs? I thought Adam Campion at corner back for Josephs looked good as well.

If I was John Sugrue I'd be looking at athletic types i.e guys who really get around the field with ease. That's why I would include these guys along with Mattie Campion and Adam Ryan.

All of these guys may not have had the best of games (e.g Ryan) at the weekend, but they clearly have that bit of class.

Laoisguy

I was surprised by port yesterday was expecting more to be honest

Regards players O'Sullivan no.17 also
Keogh No.11 for joes and maybe young Dempsey bit raw but in time

Chrimtain

Yes, is young Dempsey a bit like PJ? When he first cam on the scene he looked very raw, but he eventually became a very solid midfielder for Laois.

I see that the Laois Today report suggests that 'Shane Bolger, Mark McDermott and Evan Lowry look like real prospects for Killeshin'. I saw Bolger playing for Laois under 20s during the summer and thought he looked good.

It'll be interesting to see how Killeshin go this year.

Chrimtain

Quote from: Laoisguy on August 13, 2018, 05:06:53 PM
I was surprised by port yesterday was expecting more to be honest

Regards players O'Sullivan no.17 also
Keogh No.11 for joes and maybe young Dempsey bit raw but in time

No. 17 for Port yesterday was Sean Byrne.

Port might be a different prospect when they get Colm Murphy and Robbie Piggott back.

Unlaoised

Cormac murphy from crettyard is good
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

A lot of the players listed were in for trials at the start of the year and deemed surplus to requirements . Any one know if Sugrue will bring them back or what's the story ?

Laoiseabu

When did the new Ballyroan midfielder Shaun Murphy come on the scene ? Played well yesterday and is a big man. I like Martin Scullys way of going about his business for some reason and would look at him before a lot of the others named. I like the look of Mark McDermott from Killeshin , he has put on some serious muscular size recently .

Laoiseabu

Forgot to mention Graigue keeper Danny Bolger . Should be Brodys backup without a doubt

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 13, 2018, 11:25:07 PM
Forgot to mention Graigue keeper Danny Bolger . Should be Brodys backup without a doubt
Rubbish, Keogh is a fine keeper, what makes it without a doubt?

BallyroanAbbey

Brody, Bulger, Byron, Keogh, Cooney, have nearly more options there than anywhere else.

Midfield i would see a problem coming upon us quickly enough, options seem to be limited coming through in reguards fielders at least

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on August 14, 2018, 10:18:02 AM
Brody, Bulger, Byron, Keogh, Cooney, have nearly more options there than anywhere else.

Midfield i would see a problem coming upon us quickly enough, options seem to be limited coming through in reguards fielders at least
Just when highfielding is being rewarded again, we run out of fielders. Typical.

Laoisguy

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 13, 2018, 11:14:39 PM
A lot of the players listed were in for trials at the start of the year and deemed surplus to requirements . Any one know if Sugrue will bring them back or what's the story ?

Attitude is everything for the county player....Sugrue saw something to leave lads off

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoisguy on August 14, 2018, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 13, 2018, 11:14:39 PM

Attitude is everything for the county player....Sugrue saw something to leave lads off
Well thats bullshit. Some were sent off with information and advice and how to come back improved. We can't afford to write anyone off after a few weeks.

Laoisguy

Yes they did and was fecked in bin by some of them....others didn't apply themselves

We don't have the pool of players for sure...but if you buy in well it wont work later on....seems to be Sugrue thinking

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoisguy on August 14, 2018, 12:07:11 PM
Yes they did and was fecked in bin by some of them....others didn't apply themselves

We don't have the pool of players for sure...but if you buy in well it wont work later on....seems to be Sugrue thinking
Then that was some of their own choices, but, none were simply tossed aside for good.