Laois Junior Football Championship 2018

Started by The PRO, July 11, 2018, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Quote from: SCFC on September 14, 2018, 02:19:12 PM
I think we'll have a Kilcavan v Annanough final. Surely Annanough can lift it a bit from scraping by Camross?

Good win for O'Dempseys the other night vs kilcavan. The club will be on a high after the seniors win last night.

Annanough scraped by Friday night in Crettyard. Poor game lots of mistakes. Park left that behind them too many chances missed up front. Annanough tired midway in 2nd half but grinded it out near the end. Would not be surprised to see O'Dempseys winning the final.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

The PRO

Annanough to win this by 4 or 5.

They are a first team and first teams should have the edge with three or four top class lads that a second team won't have.

It would be their first championship in 40 years!

Laoiseabu

O'Dempseys have a good chance of winning the junior I think

Jd

I'll chance ODs for this. Too very similar teams with lads who are just starting out ana a lot of experienced heads too. Annanough have suffered a fade out in the second half of the matches that I have seen them whereas ODs seem to power up in second half. The boys in ODs will I presume be training at a serious level with their senior team and because of that I give them the nod

SCFC

I fancied Kilcavan in the semi so I might as well oppose O'Dempseys again!
I think Annanough have a few stronger players. Donal Miller is playing well I hear and who'd begrudge him a well deserved county medal with his club? Scully, Rory Stapleton and young Horgan and McCaul are a bit better than anyone on the O'Dempseys team.

SCFC

At least I got one prediction right!
Not the greatest game but Annanough won't mind. Job done.
The famine is over! Congrats to great club people like Donal Miller, Martin Stapleton and Willie Coleman.
Great chance of a run in Leinster too.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 17, 2018, 12:15:00 PM
O'Dempseys junior A team will be good too. Could've been in the Final last year with any luck. Won't lose many to senior team.
I was nearly right! Fair play to Annanough. It's important not to get stuck in a lower grade for too long and they did the job at the first time of asking.
Didn't see any of their games this year except a few minutes on Saturday. Rory Stapleton must have come out with 4 or 5 balls in that few minutes alone. Great bit of stuff.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Jd

Now hesh   don't be praising a kinda half  cousin  (I think) of yours trying to get him junior  player of the year. !!!! In fairness he was my m.o.m.  His reading  of the danger is excellent  and he looks  really  fit still too

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 14, 2018, 12:19:12 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on August 14, 2018, 10:12:24 AM
Also thought that this should of happened with us and abbeyleix when they decided to go together. Either go the full way with it or dont do it, half measures dont cut it.

Kind of a funny arrangement with Abbeyleix? Ye changed yer name, what did they do?

Jumped into bed with Ballinakill  8)

Moregroundhurling

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 29, 2018, 11:46:20 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 14, 2018, 12:19:12 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on August 14, 2018, 10:12:24 AM
Also thought that this should of happened with us and abbeyleix when they decided to go together. Either go the full way with it or dont do it, half measures dont cut it.

Kind of a funny arrangement with Abbeyleix? Ye changed yer name, what did they do?

Jumped into bed with Ballinakill  8)

BallyroanAbbeyAbu
Relax, ye have lads from rathineska, raheen, shanahoe, ballacolla, mountrath, durrow, abbeyleix, ballypickas and ballyroan to chose from. A few auld lads kicking junior C won't upset ye too much. IF it goes ahead of course, IF

BallyroanAbu

Hopefully you can add Ballinakill and surrounding areas before long.

The PRO

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 30, 2018, 08:07:40 AM
South Laois Gaels has a nice ring to it.

SCFC

Quote from: The PRO on November 30, 2018, 08:33:57 AM
South Laois Gaels has a nice ring to it.
Does Danny Donohue still kick?😉

BallyroanAbbey

Basically why Ballyroan dont win despite our underage success, lads too busy focusing on poaching lads from other clubs than developing with what we have

BallyroanAbu

Danny is back at the Harps, we were happy to help him realize a childhood dream "winning a senior county title".  Which made Danny and all his family very proud but then they are all proud Ballyroan people.

BallyroanAbbey are you from Ballyroan ? If you are a member you are more than welcome to pop up the the AGM and state your case,  I am not entirely sure what you mean in regard to poaching players.  I would say that we facilitate football for players from clubs that do not have football teams at juvenile level as we have done since I was a child.  But then if you were from Ballyroan and a Ballyroan Abbey member you would know this and that one of our objectives is to promote football.

Laois U15 & Laois U17 football champions 2018  I think we are doing something right.

Is Pickas your first love ?