Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samforever

School holidays well and truly started going by some of last few posts

Smurfy123

How do you work that out Sam? It's a discussion board you jerk

downjim

I see the Ford never fielded in an U16 and a reserve game on Sunday. What's going on there??

Smurfy123

I would say a combination of holidays and not big numbers would be he simple reason. It's ok for u clownjim u are picking from around 10 clubs in the local area. The other clubs in Down don't have that privilege

downjim

Smurfy123

Rostrevor tullylish CPN Ballymartin 3 x Newry clubs Saval Clonduff
Your last 2 winning seniors captains hailed from Rostrevor and Tullylish
Newry is now the hunting ground after CPN now turn yous down

downjim

You missed a few out 😉

Btw there is still a few walking up the road to st Marys from CPN, NCP or whatever the Point care to call yourselves this week. By the way how much does CPN pay in rent every week ?

Leftmidfield

Quote from: downjim on July 11, 2018, 06:03:20 PM
You missed a few out 😉

Btw there is still a few walking up the road to st Marys from CPN, NCP or whatever the Point care to call yourselves this week. By the way how much does CPN pay in rent every week ?
Anybody who walks up the road from CPN you are welcome to them. If you are from a village or town that is the club you play for. Full stop. It is what the gaa is all about.

downjim

Discussion in pub last night about the biggest rivalry in Down club football? What's your views?

Mourne Red

Quote from: downjim on July 12, 2018, 02:30:39 PM
Discussion in pub last night about the biggest rivalry in Down club football? What's your views?

East vs South

elk

Newry town v warrenpoint town

Smurfy123

Burren A v Burren B
From under 12s right up to reserve football
Clownjim could you for the life of me tell me where your players disappear to after minors?

downjim

We field a senior team and two teams in the premier reserve league. Currently around 80 senior footballers. Not many other clubs in Down catering for so many

thebar

Quote from: downjim on July 12, 2018, 05:53:08 PM
We field a senior team and two teams in the premier reserve league. Currently around 80 senior footballers. Not many other clubs in Down catering for so many
I seen some of them 80 lads play and there is no way you could call them footballers ;)

Smurfy123

And both your teams in the reserve league are crap? Where have all the young talent went too? Great underage system but then do the blowins get pushed to the side?