Sanctions for playing GAA Australia

Started by youbetterbelieveit, February 26, 2008, 11:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

Anybody in the know, regarding whether sanctions are necessary for playing GAA in Oz, I have heard they is a 60 day rule, like in the US, can anybody confirm this?

FermGael

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on February 26, 2008, 11:54:38 AM
Anybody in the know, regarding whether sanctions are necessary for playing GAA in Oz, I have heard they is a 60 day rule, like in the US, can anybody confirm this?
Yes it is true.  Came into effect last year.  You now have to officially transfer from your Club back home to the club you are playing for out there.
I had to do a 60 ban after my last game and I also had to transfer back into my own club via Croke Park.  I applied for it there in mid January and it only came through last week. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

youbetterbelieveit

FermGael are you saying that the 60 days only takes effect after your last game, I would have assumed that once your sanction goes through with Croke park at the start, then from that date you cannot play with your home club for 60 days. Therefore if you stay out in Oz after 60 days once you go home you can automatically play with your home club. This is the rule for the US however it is 90 days over there.