Grants awarded to GAA Clubs

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 20, 2009, 12:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

Anybody know of any links to information for this, specifically to Ulster GAA clubs if possible,

screenexile

Aye i was just about to say that. Give the Ulster Council a ring and they'd be able to point you in the right direction. They're usually very helpful with that kind of thing.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2009, 01:21:10 PM
Aye i was just about to say that. Give the Ulster Council a ring and they'd be able to point you in the right direction. They're usually very helpful with that kind of thing.
[/b]

No they're not! They seem to take perverse pleasure in making clubs jump through hoops when applying for anything and they do this in a way that leaves you in no doubt that they feel that they are important officials and the rest of us are mere lowly volunteers!

SNI will be contacting clubs that have been successful with the current grant applications tomorrow or the next day - so I'm reliably informed - so contact wth them next week might throw up some info.

Update: Apparently there will be a delay to this; don't know why!
"Stercus accidit"

youbetterbelieveit

I hear (from the Derry Club thread) that Kevin Lynches HC have been awarded a grant, anybody have a link to a full list?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 20, 2009, 04:53:58 PM
[/b]

No they're not! They seem to take perverse pleasure in making clubs jump through hoops when applying for anything and they do this in a way that leaves you in no doubt that they feel that they are important officials and the rest of us are mere lowly volunteers!

SNI will be contacting clubs that have been successful with the current grant applications tomorrow or the next day - so I'm reliably informed - so contact wth them next week might throw up some info.

Update: Apparently there will be a delay to this; don't know why!
Ulster council have been fan-dabbi-dozie (in my best alstar skats speak) in their montoring, guidance and overall assistence of getting the clubs the grants.
Cant speak more highly of them and they are a credit to the GAA (if not an anomaly of normal GAA botch jobs).

KL's, Craigbane and Desertmartin all received Grants in Derry.
Out of 40 grant recipients, 26 were GAA clubs ! so the Ulster council have really done a great job for the clubs and the association !

the delay was due to certain unionist/loyalist politicians calling in a team of solicitors to try to stop KL's getting the grant !
Shows you that you cant stop progress or time - lets hope they learn their lesson for future impending unstoppable events !! ;)

Rudigar

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 20, 2009, 04:53:58 PM
[/b]

Disagree, I think they just make sure every box is ticked.

thewanderer

Would confirm that the Ulster Council say they will help and dont get help from private consultant. This crap as they give limited help and only for some outside consultants and switched on club men the grants to GAA clubs would be a lot less. How can one man help with so many applications in such a short time as is the case in the Ulster Council. ps This is from personal club experience.

Beir Bua

Wander...load of crap again, Ulster GAA has assisted over 50 clubs in securing grant funding. The consultants you refer to are voluntary associates of Ulster GAA. No other body has done more to secure public funding for the GAA. Outline your so called personal experience. In both 2008 and 2009 the Ulster Council ran three (six in total) full day 9am-11pm clinics to assist clubs in the the Application process, I was at the one in Donaghmore and it was excellent, my club secured £245,000 for a new pitch. So in my experience I would have nothing but praise of the Ulster Council staff who have been supporting the clubs. Go to the Ulster Conference in Aramgh on Saturday and you will see how many clubs will be there again getting advise and support from the Ulster Council. 

Rudigar

Quote from: Beir Bua on November 06, 2009, 11:31:40 AM
Wander...load of crap again, Ulster GAA has assisted over 50 clubs in securing grant funding. The consultants you refer to are voluntary associates of Ulster GAA. No other body has done more to secure public funding for the GAA. Outline your so called personal experience. In both 2008 and 2009 the Ulster Council ran three (six in total) full day 9am-11pm clinics to assist clubs in the the Application process, I was at the one in Donaghmore and it was excellent, my club secured £245,000 for a new pitch. So in my experience I would have nothing but praise of the Ulster Council staff who have been supporting the clubs. Go to the Ulster Conference in Aramgh on Saturday and you will see how many clubs will be there again getting advise and support from the Ulster Council.

Nail, head etc.