Cork Hurlers 2012 - JBM returns

Started by heffo, February 24, 2012, 08:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

So Cork have a very weak Waterford under lights tomorrow night.

Will Sean Óg have the legs for midfield?

Can JBM work his magic a second time around?

Will Reillers return?

Milltown Row2

Where is Reillers? I hope Cork do ignite some sort of fire in the Championship. Be healthy for hurling in general if we have more teams fighting for the McCarthy Cup
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heffo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2012, 10:41:37 AM
Where is Reillers?

Rumoured to be chained up in a gimp costume in a Cork hurlers basement.

Milltown Row2

Winning handy at the minute, 3-8 to 0-7
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cicfada

I was at this match  this evening, a huge crowd around 8000 I would say! great to see! Waterford were very poor to be fair but cork did all that was asked of them! Lehane at no. 10 is excellent and was the man of the match! waterford would have been missing around 7 or 8 players and good ones too so I will hold judgement on Cork at the moment! Certainly some of their  movement was a joy to watch and the finishing very good! There is a hop in the stride  of the folk down here and that is all down to JBM. I have never heard a bad word said about him and he is/was a legend on and off the field! It will be interesting to see how this team progress as the year goes on!!

eviemonkey

Solid display from Cork, albeit against a poor Waterford side. Conor Lehane will grab the plaudits and deservedly so. Some lovely points among the 0-7 he registered from play, great vision to pick out Naughton for his goal and a couple of great catches as well. Defensively McDonnell and Cashman mopped up well and cleared a lot of ball when they had to. Would like to see Christopher Joyce given a run at some stage in the League, thought Gardiner was poor enough today.

Sean Og moved the ball on well, tapped over a nice point but still looked a little out of place in the midfield. Sweetnam showed flashes of his potential but seemed to tire. Would prefer to see Cronin at midfield in the summer.

As I say Waterford were poor. Their forwards struggled to win enough of their own ball in the first half and defensively the concession of three goals in quick succession killed their challenge but they stuck to their task in the second period. Don't know where they stand fitness-wise but they should improve once they get more players back. But given the truncated nature of this year's League programme they are already under pressure now and it doesn't get any easier with Kilkenny up next.

Reillers

So nice that you missed me Heffo.

Good performance. Lehane was excellent. Always had a lot of promise, but to see him doing it at senior level for Cork was very encouraging.
A bit annoying that we conceded the 18 points against a very poor side, but to be fair, the game was over by the second half and Cork dropped the intensity.

Can't take much from the opening league game against a very poor Waterford side, but very promising signs from our young players.
Nice to see a bit of cockiness back into Cork hurling.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2012, 12:50:40 AM

Good performance. Lehane was excellent. Always had a lot of promise, but to see him doing it at senior level for Cork was very encouraging.
A bit annoying that we conceded the 18 points against a very poor side, but to be fair, the game was over by the second half and Cork dropped the intensity.

Can't take much from the opening league game against a very poor Waterford side, but very promising signs from our young players.

Goddamn it Reillers I've missed you.

Were you locked up in a gimp costume?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2012, 10:52:38 AM

So much to do, so little time.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2012, 05:31:01 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2012, 10:52:38 AM

So much to do, so little time.

Good man.

Cork looked very impressive the other night. No better fella than JBM to bring them back.

Reillers

Team for Dublin

1. Dónal Óg Cusack
                       Cloyne

2. Shane O'Neill 3. Stephen McDonnell 4. Brian Murphy
Bishopstown        Glen Rovers Bride Rovers

5. John Gardiner 6. Ross Cashman 7. Eoin Cadogan
Na Piarsaigh        Kilbrittain Douglas

8. Seán Óg Ó hAilpín 9. Tom Kenny
Na Piarsaigh                Grenagh

10. Conor Lehane 11. Pa Cronin 12. Cathal Naughton
Midleton        Bishopstown       Newtownshandrum

13. Patrick Horgan         14. Paudie O'Sullivan 15. Ben O Connor
Glen Rovers        Cloyne       Newtownshandrum

Subs:

16. Anthony Nash Kanturk
17. Christopher Joyce Na Piarsaigh
18. Conor O Sullivan Sarsfields
19. Damien Cahalane St. Finbarr's
20. William Egan Kilbrin
21. Lorcan Mc Loughlin Kanturk
22. Darren Sweetman Dohenys
23. Jamie Coughlan Newtownshandrum
24. Michael O'Sullivan Tracton
25. Brian Corry Ballymartle
26. Martin Coleman Ballinhassig

Midfield is a bit dissapointing. Would rather have seen McLoughlin and Egan given a go as well as Sweetnam. Sunday would have provided an ideal time to give some of the younger inexperienced players a chance in there against a physical enough team, and an experience of playing in Croke Park.

Still the two lads can provide a bit of leadership, and experience.

Should be a win, but hopefully a few of the subs get a run out.

INDIANA

We'll try and give you a game Reillers. We're just thankful for the GAA allowing us to play in Croke Park

Asal Mor

Great game today. Thought it was interesting how much of a difference the Cork subs - Egan and Sweetman - made. The old boys for Cork were really poor apart from Cusack who made a couple of great saves and Shane O Neill. I was surprised Sean Og lasted the full 70. He was very sloppy in possession a few times and didn't get onto enough ball anyway. Gardiner, Kenny , O' Connor all looked off the pace as they have for the past few years at this level. I can't see any reason apart from loyalty for those guys to hold their places. Lehane was quiet enough for a lot of the game but still scored three points and looked a different class when he got the ball. O Sullivan and Horgan were lively and dangerous. Cathal Naughton was brilliant apart from his finishing and should have had about 1-6 instead of 1-1.

Dublin played well and the result was a bit hard on them but they are certainly carrying a few passengers in the forward line. Ryan was excellent apart from a couple of late missed frees. That handpass in the first half to set up the goal chance was a brilliant bit of skill. Sutcliffe and Boland both stood out as well and Liam Rushe won almost every ball that came his way - It was a pity they didn't pump a few more high balls in on top of him.

theskull1

Fantastic game of hurling. Can you imagine watching that Armagh match afterwards

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Declan

QuoteFantastic game of hurling. Can you imagine watching that Armagh match afterwards

+1