Yes
9 (40.9%)
No
1 (4.5%)
I never thought he was ever played in
12 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Gerry Ryan, he's like Marmite, you either love him or you hate him. Some say he's the housewives choice and there's no doubt there are many frustrated women out there who like nothing better than to have Gerry fill their slot between 9 and 12 each day.

However there are others who suggest that after 30 years doing exactly the same job he's boring and stale and caught in a timewarp where he still thinks its cool to say words like shoite, feck and bollix and to boast about drinking his own piss over the airwaves.

So what do you think, do you think he's still a talented 'tell it as it is' broadcaster who's prepared to fearlessly take on the establishment on our behalf or is he an overpaid geriatric tosspot who still thinks he's a teenage rebel.

We want to hear your views as we ask the burning question: 'Is Gerry Ryan's played out?'

An Fear Rua

I voted yes, I remember manys a late night listening to Ryan when he was on the graveyard shift on what was Radio2. New music , new bands, new culture- almost Fanning like, then he made progress, made it to daytime, and made it bland. It said a lot for Ryan when he was still getting an audience in our neck of the woods when he had competition from the 'personal jukeboxes' that were the radio stations from cavan and monaghhan, (Anyone remeber the Gooseman?)

IMHO Ryan , used to be, most definately.
Its Grim up North

Gnevin

He's no jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeee duffy
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

mannix

There is a limit to the amount of stuff you can talk about every day without sounding dull.
He is alright but needs a break, rte has few if any exciting people but I must say I listen to Pat Kenny if only for the fact that he is interesting and has good researchers helping him.

Zulu

QuoteI must say I listen to Pat Kenny if only for the fact that he is interesting and has good researchers helping him.

Rarely listen to him but he does seem alright on radio, however he must be the worst talk show host in the history of television, and I mean on any channel anywhere in the world. Wooden is a gross understatement.

Shamrock Shore

Ara I've grown up with Gerry Ryan. He's been on the wireless since 1979. In person I prob would find him a sloth and on tv he is a car crash (all those shite tv programs) but, I prefer him to the stick insect Tubridy in the 5 mins between dropping Youngest Shore to the Montessori and Shamrock Shore's bread and butter.

Pangurban

Neither of them would hold a Candle to Marion Finucane. Anyone remember Liam Nolan, another class act. Joe Duffy has a modicum of talent, Kennys researchers should look for a rise, as they have been carrying him for years, hes too arrogant and opinionated to ever succed as an interviewer and has no personal charm. Whose Gerry Ryan