2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Great to see Galway getting stuck into the dubs.  Tyrone barely laid a glove of them last year.  Dubs will know they've been in a match today

OgraAnDun

I thought Galway's decisiĆ³n making in the last 10 mins lost them the game more so than the ref. A few lads should have given the pass rather than taken a shot.

Esmarelda

Quote from: OgraAnDun on April 01, 2018, 05:56:25 PM
I thought Galway's decisiĆ³n making in the last 10 mins lost them the game more so than the ref. A few lads should have given the pass rather than taken a shot.
Agreed. In particular, Conroy's wide when he had plenty of support. Comer could have had a black card also.

GalwayBayBoy

Congrats to the Dubs. A great memory bank of experience in that squad of grinding out tight wins (in between hammering the shite out of teams).

Worst thing that happened to us was Scully getting the line. He wasn't having much of an impact on the game anyway and we couldn't buy a decision from the ref for the rest of the match after it.

Some lads made bad decisions as well down the stretch. Conroy shooting wide when he had 2 lads making runs towards goal for him.

I think Galway need Ian Burke up front somewhere. He brings other players into play better than any of the other forwards we have. We need that playmaking option there.

All heads down now for May 13.

Zulu

Quote from: Jinxy on April 01, 2018, 05:49:10 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 01, 2018, 05:38:22 PM
Why did they take off Walsh when you're chasing the game?

Walsh is a flat track bully.

Don't agree. He's a special talent, albeit he doesn't seem to transfer his talent to productivity all the time. Nevertheless, in a game where you need an outrageous point, goal or pass to get you over the line you keep Walsh on the field IMO.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on April 01, 2018, 06:05:24 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 01, 2018, 05:49:10 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 01, 2018, 05:38:22 PM
Why did they take off Walsh when you're chasing the game?

Walsh is a flat track bully.

Don't agree. He's a special talent, albeit he doesn't seem to transfer his talent to productivity all the time. Nevertheless, in a game where you need an outrageous point, goal or pass to get you over the line you keep Walsh on the field IMO.

If Galway need a point they go through Comer. He's a special talent. Walsh overplays the ball a lot and can be selfish on the ball.

GaillimhIarthair

Congrats to the Dubs, dug out a good win and that wealth of experience built up over the past few years was there in spades today.  We somewhat lost our shape a little after the sending off and some poor decisions whilst in good positions was telling.  Anyway, it's been a very positive league for Galway so we resent the clock for a new competition starting in May and we go again. 

Zulu

He kicked a point over from the sideline and repeatedly left IC players in his wake when soloing - you don't take that guy off when chasing the game.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Zulu on April 01, 2018, 06:15:45 PM
He kicked a point over from the sideline and repeatedly left IC players in his wake when soloing - you don't take that guy off when chasing the game.

Shane has a touch of class alright but not easy getting it consistently out of him. Even today he had a poor first half before he came into it after half-time to kick two glorious scores.

galwayman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 01, 2018, 06:18:40 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 01, 2018, 06:15:45 PM

Shane has a touch of class alright but not easy getting it consistently out of him. Even today he had a poor first half before he came into it after half-time to kick two glorious scores.
Yeah he has huge potential but is hugely inconsistent.
I'd like to see him just back himself on a more regular basis as regards just taking men on and doing them for pace. He does it occasionally but not enough imo.
Too often he just handpasses it off when he is one on one.

seafoid

Great experience  for this Galway team.  Loads to work on.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Hard luck galway , good effort .  I need someone to define the tackle rule for me ,genuinely confused. Dublin had both hands beltin in side to side ,mdma at one stage I thought it was a defo free in . I just dont get the rules perhaps.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

StGallsGAA

Some of the frees awarded to Dublin were ridiculous. Feel the touch of a glove, fall to your knees..free in. Joke.

From the Bunker

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 07:39:37 PM
Some of the frees awarded to Dublin were ridiculous. Feel the touch of a glove, fall to your knees..free in. Joke.

No point in complaining, that's the way it works in sport for the home team. You just have to climb above it!

Zulu

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 01, 2018, 07:39:37 PM

Ah here Galway got some blatantly soft ones too. Ref wasn't great but hardly favoured Dublin.