All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: rosnarun on September 02, 2021, 12:22:26 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2021, 11:57:57 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2021, 11:11:20 AM
Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2021, 10:46:57 AM
is it the clubs allocating the tickets? or is it the same process as the previous 2 games in Croke park where you will have to download/print the tickets from a GAA ticketmaster account?

Same as previous in Mayo anyway. In pods of two so I'm hoping the other fella doesn't make a balls of mine,!

surely if you've been (Tyrone or Mayo) to the provincial final and all-ireland semi-final in Croke Park you should get preference for the final?, and they should be able to tell then who was went previously or not.
i dont get that logic at all ,
Despite my every effort i did not get a ticket for the Dublin game. why should that rule me out of the Final ??? i could well make the opposite  argument . that those  lucky   to see that match  should sit this one out . im not going to start whinging about all the matches i do go to as though it was some kinda penance (though Ennis isnt far off but its better than Kilmichael) as there are just not enough tickets to go Around , and there will be far more without than within

Did you get to the Connacht Final?

clarshack

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:48:02 PM
Quote from: City Dweller on September 02, 2021, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:37:04 PM
So half the allocation to the two counties actually f**cking playing, where does the other half go

The 30 other Counties?

Surely a very low priority in a half capacity stadium

Agree, the other counties should be pretty much sitting this one out.
Do former presidents still get a ridiculous amount of tickets?

Captain Obvious

If Healy Rae is given another free ticket will be able to stay awake this time?

City Dweller

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:48:02 PM
Quote from: City Dweller on September 02, 2021, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:37:04 PM
So half the allocation to the two counties actually f**cking playing, where does the other half go

The 30 other Counties?

Surely a very low priority in a half capacity stadium?

Low Priority? 

What a sad comment..

Lone Shark

Quote from: larryin89 on September 02, 2021, 11:47:57 AM
Shur you just proved the point for the other side of the argument "9 times out of 10 they wont use them "

I see you just ignored the bit where I said the types of places that they actually go. Club volunteers with a connection to the county, or to be put up for club fundraisers. Which of these do you think shouldn't happen?

armaghniac

Quote from: Lone Shark on September 02, 2021, 11:23:45 AM
Lads, anyone who thinks sending two tickets to a club in Wicklow or Carlow is the wrong thing to do badly needs to spend a year actively involved in their club's administration, so they can get a feel for quite how much is involved in being a club secretary, treasurer or chairperson. All-Ireland final tickets is the GAA's way of recognising that effort, which goes way above and beyond what any supporter does for any county. Even at that, nine times out of ten those people won't even use the ticket - it'll get given to the U-12 coach who has a first cousin playing in the game, or the Mayo lad who moved into the parish and now sells 20 lotto tickets a week in his workplace, or it'll be put up for raffle as part of a fundraiser. Even if they do go, then yeah, they probably weren't at a game all year - because every other day, the county game clashes with the club U-13 fixture, or a county board meeting, or some other official duty.

The happy-go-lucky, doesn't-go-to-a-game-all-year attendee is almost certainly there through sponsorship in one way or another, either at a county or a national level, and is probably high up in marketing in Centra, or Allianz, or Kelloggs, or some company like that. And again - if you don't understand the importance of keeping sponsors happy, you don't understand the GAA either.

Ability to attend games in person is one of the strengths of the GAA and the sense of the whole community being involved in an All Ireland is also one of its strengths. While the TV experience has been very welcome during the pandemic it is something that the Premiership offers every week. It needs to be accepted that using tickets as a form of reward for diligent workers and sponsors has a price to be paid in the reputation of the GAA as a place run for the benefit of insiders rather than the community. It would be better if alternative forms of recognition could be identified and some more tickets go to the counties. In 1977, I sent a cheque to the County Secretary and got 3 tickets back in return, I could never do that now if Armagh reached the final again despite the stadium holding almost 20,000 more. Some rebalancing is needed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

larryin89

Yep there is something amiss these days compared to even the 90s , gangs of us went up in 96 and 97 and there were even rossies with us and all of us had tickets.  It's an absolute bastard of a struggle in recent times
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:25:33 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 02, 2021, 12:22:47 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:17:46 PM
"This year, Mayo and Tyrone are getting 11,450. The difference is in the quality of the tickets - they're getting much more stand tickets this time because we're not using the terraces."

He's hardly saying the hill is closed?? I feel like I'm about to go into Kevin Keegan mode. How in the name of f*** are they justifying closing the hill, opening it for Dublin (non reduced capacity on the hill) and then closing it again for a game with a bigger capacity

The hill is definitely open, but very limited allocations.

According to who? He just said there that they're not being used, and there was absolutely no limited allocation in the semi final

Who's 'he'? The Hill is open, but clubs got less Hill tickets than other finals.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

All-Ireland ticket breakdown for 2011
Any changes from the 2010 allocation are indicated in brackets.

County allocations: 58,401 (-604)
Provinces: 335 (-50)
Overseas: 470 (-29)
Central Council and former Presidents: 798 (-107)
Camogie: 120
Ladies' football: 150
Rounders and handball: 147 (-15)
Sponsors: 935 (-35)
Press: 254
TV and radio: 74
Schools and educational bodies: 2,229
3rd Level: 240 (-38)
Croke Park residents: 250
Match officials and national referees' panel: 103 (-5)
Irish Sports Council and health bodies: 60 (-10)
Match day / Vertigo / minor teams: 148 (-52)
GAA staff and sub-committees: 718 (-93)
Jubilee teams: 68 (-69)
Mini-sevens: 244 (-2)
Term tickets: 4,144 (-11)
Season tickets: 1,884 (+1,120)
Total available for distribution: 71,772

Premium and corporate seating*: 10,528
Total capacity (as per planning permission): 82,300

About 25,000 tickets would normally go round the non competing counties, thats down to circa 5,000 tickets this year.
People are barking up the wrong tree complaining about tickets going to the non competing counties. 

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2021, 01:27:59 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:25:33 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 02, 2021, 12:22:47 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:17:46 PM
"This year, Mayo and Tyrone are getting 11,450. The difference is in the quality of the tickets - they're getting much more stand tickets this time because we're not using the terraces."

He's hardly saying the hill is closed?? I feel like I'm about to go into Kevin Keegan mode. How in the name of f*** are they justifying closing the hill, opening it for Dublin (non reduced capacity on the hill) and then closing it again for a game with a bigger capacity

The hill is definitely open, but very limited allocations.

According to who? He just said there that they're not being used, and there was absolutely no limited allocation in the semi final

Who's 'he'? The Hill is open, but clubs got less Hill tickets than other finals.

GAA President https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40371800.html
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Lone Shark

Quote from: armaghniac on September 02, 2021, 01:12:11 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on September 02, 2021, 11:23:45 AM
Lads, anyone who thinks sending two tickets to a club in Wicklow or Carlow is the wrong thing to do badly needs to spend a year actively involved in their club's administration, so they can get a feel for quite how much is involved in being a club secretary, treasurer or chairperson. All-Ireland final tickets is the GAA's way of recognising that effort, which goes way above and beyond what any supporter does for any county. Even at that, nine times out of ten those people won't even use the ticket - it'll get given to the U-12 coach who has a first cousin playing in the game, or the Mayo lad who moved into the parish and now sells 20 lotto tickets a week in his workplace, or it'll be put up for raffle as part of a fundraiser. Even if they do go, then yeah, they probably weren't at a game all year - because every other day, the county game clashes with the club U-13 fixture, or a county board meeting, or some other official duty.

The happy-go-lucky, doesn't-go-to-a-game-all-year attendee is almost certainly there through sponsorship in one way or another, either at a county or a national level, and is probably high up in marketing in Centra, or Allianz, or Kelloggs, or some company like that. And again - if you don't understand the importance of keeping sponsors happy, you don't understand the GAA either.

Ability to attend games in person is one of the strengths of the GAA and the sense of the whole community being involved in an All Ireland is also one of its strengths. While the TV experience has been very welcome during the pandemic it is something that the Premiership offers every week. It needs to be accepted that using tickets as a form of reward for diligent workers and sponsors has a price to be paid in the reputation of the GAA as a place run for the benefit of insiders rather than the community. It would be better if alternative forms of recognition could be identified and some more tickets go to the counties. In 1977, I sent a cheque to the County Secretary and got 3 tickets back in return, I could never do that now if Armagh reached the final again despite the stadium holding almost 20,000 more. Some rebalancing is needed.

There's a fundamental truth at the root of this, but I'm not entirely sure what "alternative form of recognition" would work that wouldn't at the same time be extremely costly to the association. Firstly the nature of the current system is that the tickets tend to find their way back to the most ardent supporters. What happens in a lot of cases is that if a chairperson or secretary has access to a ticket, they might want to go themselves but it's far more likely that they'll have a Mayo or Tyrone person in their club or in their lives that they'll accommodate, and because that official is dyed-in-the-wool GAA themselves, they'll understand the difference between someone who'll really appreciate it and the day out.

I also wouldn't go so far as to say that it is an "association run for insiders", or even that a perception like that is held by anyone with the slightest of understanding how the GAA works. Yes, I've no doubt that view is held by your average supporter that's passionate about Man United in the winter and then transfers that "support" to their county for June, July and August, but frankly, that type of supporter can think anything they like, it doesn't bother me.

Moreover, the most recent numbers suggest there is circa 540,000 GAA members on the island of Ireland. The population of the island of Ireland is roughly 6.5 million, so what that tells me is that one in eleven Irish people is a member of a GAA Club. Let's assume that expands out to one in eight, or even one in six in communities like Claremorris or Carrickmore, where the GA is the primary sporting and social organisation by a distance.

Even at that level, by current population numbers, allocation 11,000 tickets to a county comes pretty close to catering for every GAA member in that county, or at least every club member that wants one. It certainly caters for two thirds of them at least, and probably more when you factor in that an U-6 is not going to go to any game and sit still for two hours, while there will be plenty more lads that are working, have other things on, or have other reasons why they can't go. GAA club members that don't get sorted directly aren't as common as all that. And again, if you're not a member, my sympathy for you is very limited, or maybe non-existent!

Because of my role as a GAA reporter and club minor secretary, I get oodles of requests from acquaintances for tickets every year (and no, I don't get one of my club ones) and sometimes, through Roscommon GAA or Offaly GAA and the work I do for them, I get allocated one. But most of those requests are people I would never be in the least bit concerned about accommodating; because I know for a fact they aren't a club member, and have no affiliation with their local club whatsoever beyond at a push, dropping the kids off for training and then scarpering out the door for coffee with other Mammies and/or Daddies, just in case anyone might see them lingering and ask them to help out.

There is one guy from East Mayo that I will try and sort out, because he's a hardcore supporter, club member, has sorted out sponsorship for teams from his previous employers, supports my local club fundraiser that I run, and yet somehow still tends to miss out. But guys like that who don't get sorted are extremely rare.

And I'm not being facetious when I say 1977 was a different world. People simply didn't go to games back then, you had All-Ireland semi-finals and provincial finals with 10,000 people at them. We're never going back to that, or at least I hope not.

PMG1

Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2021, 11:57:57 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2021, 11:11:20 AM
Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2021, 10:46:57 AM
is it the clubs allocating the tickets? or is it the same process as the previous 2 games in Croke park where you will have to download/print the tickets from a GAA ticketmaster account?

Same as previous in Mayo anyway. In pods of two so I'm hoping the other fella doesn't make a balls of mine,!

surely if you've been (Tyrone or Mayo) to the provincial final and all-ireland semi-final in Croke Park you should get preference for the final?, and they should be able to tell then who was went previously or not.
How does this make you any more deserving that the man who cleans out the changing room every week of the year, or the man who lines the club pitch out or the man who takes the u12's for 50 coaching sessions a year? People in and around the club are much more deserving of All Ireland tickets than the avid county supporter who couldn't tell you how their club played last week or who was playing full back in the reserve team etc 

armaghniac

The question is though, in Tyrone or Mayo how many tickets does it take to fix up the man who lines the pitch and the guy who goes to county games? Why not both?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on September 03, 2021, 02:27:39 AM
The question is though, in Tyrone or Mayo how many tickets does it take to fix up the man who lines the pitch and the guy who goes to county games? Why not both?

Just don't give the tickets to the bandwagon supporters! 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rosnarun

wonder how the poor Premium and corporate seating*: 10,528 are faring out
i know if i paid 12k for a seat and then didnt get to see the allireland i'd be pretty pissed .
same for coporate they have made a najor investment  and Business need to see some return
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere