Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shady character

Didn't see it slim?? Has big Teddy been knighted?  ???

SlimShady

no, Teddy has a few years on this guy.

Splash out the 35p and take a look- Daily Mirror, Page 10. Is he the only Creggan Gael meet the president?

shady character

Is it one of our all-star seniors Slim??

Page 10.....I'll try a stab in dark...McCartney???

shady character

Saw our very own Mr. Hefferrron in the mirror Slim  ;D

An embarrassment to all gaels around creggan.
Had to join the peelers to get a game. Enough said.

SlimShady

why is he an embarrassment? sure it is you who should be embarrassed for outcasting him and his!

shady character

Why should I or anyone around creggan be embarrassed Slim?  ???

This is a non-political page, but if you insist...
Peadar put his club and fellow gaels around him in a very uncomprimising position
at a time when the whole issue around policing was ultra sensitive. He made a decision
that made many people feel betrayed and very uncomfortable about the implications this could hold for
our club. He made a personal and in my opinion, an extemely selfish decision to pursue a career that as a
playing member of our club, could have caused a major split, and even led to random attacks on our club house from
some exteme factions.

Now that is why he is an embarrassment and that is why Creegan Clud had no choice other than to expel the fella.

SlimShady

but sure its his life, his job, is the fact that you are a waster in an office frowned upon round Creggan? And now that Gerry and the boys have signed up (which they were always going to do) is it acceptable for a Creggan man to join now?

Its the same police force as it was when he joined! Was another member of his family not given dogs abuse and subsequently forced to leave the club also? Unacceptable behaviour imho.

Ethan Edwards

Slim why did Cargin not take Peadar, they took the other player kicked out of creggan namely G O'Boyle  :P
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

he never asked us, and yes, we did take arguably Creggans biggest ever talent off their hands as they refused to let him continue there.

shady character

"the fact that you are a waster in an office frowned upon round Creggan"  :D

Pot kettle balck Slim!!  :D What does that make you then?
A waster in Jordanstown or a waster in the Civil Service?!  :D

So as a die-hard Cargin member, what would you have advocated had one of your own members done the same at the time??
As a club there is little doubt Cargin would have done it differently. Would you then have lambasted them ? I think not.

His life, his job. He choose to make this his life and his job.
As for Paul, do not come on here and make unsubstantiated statements about why he left the club.

Ethan Edwards

Slim , if PC Peadar had made a transfer request to Cargin would they have taken him ?

Would have been a sight to see PC Peader playing along side Martin Logan  :D :D :D
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

we all know why he left for all saints.

it is not a matter of how Cargin would have handled it, I know we are seen as your richer, professional neighbours and all that but it has nothing to do with us.  ;) :D

if it were a member of my club i wouldnt think any less of his lifestyle choices.

now, will you answer-

Has the views of Creggan Club & Committee changed since Sinn Fein signed up to policing?

If you joined the PSNI tomorrow would you get the boot? (Theoretically speaking of course as you're done so they wouldnt really care  :) )

Martin Logan has been retired for 5 years!!

Ethan Edwards

Martin Logan has been retired for 5 years!!

My God , doesnt time fly

It only seems like yesterday that was trying to kick the shite out young corner forwards,  :P :P

Awwww well thank god for small graces
That'll Be The Day

shady character

Ok so you are a waster on spends all day on a computer too Slim.
Suppose your occupation is irrelevant!

Whilst I cannot speak for Creggan committee, I can safely say the decision wasn't largely based on political ideals but
rather on implications this would most definitely of had for our club.

When you make a decision Slim you weigh up the pros and cons. Enough said.
If I joined the PSNI tomorrow would I get the boot? Without giving you the satisfaction of taking this pathetic piece of bait,
I will answer your question. It takes time to initiate change. It took time for the GAA to banish rule 21 and 42, so as it has taken time and will take more time for nationalists/republicans to fully accept the PSNI.

If you joined the police tomorrow Slim, I reckon Cargin would boot you out....you'd try and join Creggan pleading with us as you do on this site how you have 2 championsip medals...only for big tony to tell you to piss off, not because of your occupation but rather because you are a chube!!  :D

SlimShady

so it is acceptable then? you failed to answer yet again.

what has changed since yer man joined? the name is the same, the uniforms the same?

Its time to step out of the dark ages, I'm also aware of a certain couple of members who turned their backs on SF recently  ;)

:D the day and hour i put a Creggan shirt on my back will be a dark one. Never gonna happen! I might be shite, but at least I'm shite at a successful club  :D ;D