When will club football start?

Started by Smokin Joe, February 10, 2021, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

With Covid numbers rising in south and reducing in the north the big issue will be starting up at the same time, if that is even possible. Probably the best way to run it is when numbers reduce in each county let clubs start up. High county numbers means no start up.
It's wrong to deny clubs in a county where numbers are low.

ck

As a matter of interest what are all your club players doing? Are they training, 5ks etc? Or just waiting for it to start up again?
My own club are doing very little. The managers approach is to leave things alone until we get the green light. Our next door club havent even a manager yet and don't appear to be in a hurry.

What are all your club players doing?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ck on March 21, 2021, 09:18:51 PM
As a matter of interest what are all your club players doing? Are they training, 5ks etc? Or just waiting for it to start up again?
My own club are doing very little. The managers approach is to leave things alone until we get the green light. Our next door club havent even a manager yet and don't appear to be in a hurry.

Very little

keep her low this half

Quote from: ck on March 21, 2021, 09:18:51 PM

A bit of running, thats about it as far as I can see

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Own club doing a few runs here and there, but lots of reports of clubs around the county flat out training.

Taylor

Majority of clubs that I know of in Tyrone are doing something

Milltown Row2

The GAA's Covid Advisory group has cleared the way for GAA club activity to resume in Northern Ireland from April 12.

Following last week's decision by the Northern Ireland executive to permit non-contact training for groups of 15 for outdoor sports, the Covid Advisory group has given the green light for adult and underage club team to start back training.

It will, in all probability, create a divergence between clubs north and south of the border as it's not expected that the same liberty will be afforded to adult club teams in the south until May.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the goal was on

Clarity needed on club county scheduling ASAP so teams can prepare properly

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the goal was on on March 22, 2021, 09:55:57 PM

I'd say my club will be training come the 12th April
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the goal was on

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2021, 10:01:23 PM

I'd say half the country training this weekend now!!

johnnycool

I think training will go ahead alright, but I don't think we'll be allowed any fixtures or games until we align with the South on that front....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on March 23, 2021, 12:31:29 PM

I think training will go ahead alright, but I don't think we'll be allowed any fixtures or games until we align with the South on that front....

If we can train I'd say that's a start towards games, 7 aside games will be carried out in house, the day the government says outdoor games can go ahead it would be a own goal by Croke to restrict club games, league and championship should be arranged as soon as possible  once it's safe

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2021, 08:26:27 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 23, 2021, 12:31:29 PM

If we can train I'd say that's a start towards games, 7 aside games will be carried out in house, the day the government says outdoor games can go ahead it would be a own goal by Croke to restrict club games, league and championship should be arranged as soon as possible  once it's safe

The way I see it, the county season physically and literally can't go ahead until the 26 counties get the go ahead, so i don't see there being any reason why the GAA wouldn't allow clubs in the 6 counties to play their leagues or district competitions in the mean time, as you say it would be a huge own goal and I think it would lead to serious bad publicity. Another thing that has to be figured in, hugely from a youth perspective, but also in some regard at adult level, is if the executive give the go ahead for games then other sports will be flat out, rugby, soccer will hammer summer cups, cricket, etc.... literally anything you can think of will be up and running and we run a real risk of losing our younger players to these sports. It's already a fight every year and this could do untold damage if other sports are offering them competitive games and we are offering training only.

ck

so elite status has been reinstated for county teams and it looks like the NFL will begin in May. God only knows where this leaves the club game - may not be games until Autumn?

lenny

Quote from: ck on March 30, 2021, 09:48:13 PM
so elite status has been reinstated for county teams and it looks like the NFL will begin in May. God only knows where this leaves the club game - may not be games until Autumn?

they should do like last year, run off 3 league games for each county in May. Then go to club until end August/ September. Then run off county championship.