Laois SFC 2017

Started by The Monument Road, February 22, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Ballyroan Abbey   2-9
Crettyard Gaels    0-14                   http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/28/ballyroan-abbey-hold-crettyard-gaels-miss-chance/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

(had posted this in the wrong thread.. )

O'Dempseys v Ballyfin:        O'Dempseys
Ballyroan v Crettyard:          Crettyard
Kilcruise v Portlaoise:           Portlaoise
Portarlington v Killeen:        Portarlington
Ballylinan v Mountmellick:      Ballylinan
Clonaslee v St. Joseph's:      St. Joseph's
Graiguecullen v Killeshin:      Graiguecullen
Stradbally v The Heath:         Stradbally

town1980

ballyroan abu you must be a happy man today?yee were lucky ducks but yee got yere bit of luck thats needed in championship,i went for crettyard and i think i was justified OMG they must be sick,anyway well done

BallyroanAbu

There is definitely some improving to do.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Tonight's results:

Arles-Killeen     3-10
Portarlington    1-16                    http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/29/enrights-late-free-saves-draw-14-man-arles-killeen-portarlington/

Portlaoise         3-13
Arles-Kilcruise  1-14                    http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/29/portlaoise-get-off-mark-win-arles-kilcruise/

High Fielder

Can't Defend, Won't Defend in full swing last night in O'Moore Park. Four teams and not a decent back on the pitch all night. Tackling just non existent. Fair play to Donal Kingston, he's quality and we all know it. But you just can't imagine a lad running 50 yards with 3 or 4 lads around him and still scoring.

Butch Cassidy

Love to know if teams are doing tackling drills? Even before games you see lads taking shots but why aren't they doing tackling drills? They might get 1 shot a game but how many times will they have to defend? Can anyone please tell me if clubs are getting taught how to tackle and defend?

Defending from all the teams last night was very bad. Bring a sweeper back to sort it is lazy management. Do players get coached to sweep in training like Colm Cavanagh? Coach your team how to defend, attack the ball and play from the front.

Donie Kingston was brilliant last night, worth the admission fee alone

High Fielder

I agree Butch, he was, but where would he enjoy that sort of freedom outside of Laois? This is a big part of problem. Work without the ball and tackling. I have no preference for a coach, but I think we need Mick Dempsey to come and teach us some things. Our defending is pathetic

OTF

Quote from: High Fielder on July 30, 2017, 10:23:27 AM
I agree Butch, he was, but where would he enjoy that sort of freedom outside of Laois? This is a big part of problem. Work without the ball and tackling. I have no preference for a coach, but I think we need Mick Dempsey to come and teach us some things. Our defending is pathetic
We've had this discussion more than once HF and the good news is tackling and good defending can actually be thought as opposed to kicking the ball over the bar a talent you are born with.

I like your suggestion to bring in a coach for this purpose, that would improve things but hard and unglamorous work required for this is not part of our DNA and that needs to change.
In short whether we like it or not the "fancy dan"culture must come to an end.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Tonights Results:

Ballylinan                     1-13
Mountmellick Gaels     0-7               http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/30/mcevoy-farrell-star-asballylinan-get-better-mountmellick/

Clonaslee Gaels           0-7
St Joseph's                  1-12              http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/30/strong-second-half-sees-josephs-past-gaels/

Graiguecullen              2-11                 
Killeshin                       0-15              http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/30/graiguecullen-withstand-killeshin-comeback-advance/

Stradbally                    1-12
The Heath                    3-10              http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/30/heath-topple-county-champions-stradbally/

Draw for Round 2:

Round 2 Winners Section

Winners of Portarlington/Arles-Killeen v Ballyroan-Abbey
Ballylinan v St Joseph's
O'Dempsey's v Portlaoise
The Heath v Graiguecullen

Round 2 Losers Section

Ballyfin Gaels v Stradbally
Arles-Kilcruise v Killeshin
Losers of Portarlington/Arles-Killeen v Mountmellick Gaels
Clonaslee St-Manman's Gaels v Crettyard Gaels

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: OTF on July 30, 2017, 03:22:05 PM
We've had this discussion more than once HF and the good news is tackling and good defending can actually be thought as opposed to kicking the ball over the bar a talent you are born with.

I like your suggestion to bring in a coach for this purpose, that would improve things but hard and unglamorous work required for this is not part of our DNA and that needs to change.
Are you joking here? If not u should be banned from ever commenting on football again. Not just on the internet either, in your local pub, at the gaa field, on public transport and anywhere gaa is discussed.  :'(

Keyser Söze

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 31, 2017, 12:18:50 AM

Are you joking here? If not u should be banned from ever commenting on football again. Not just on the internet either, in your local pub, at the gaa field, on public transport and anywhere gaa is discussed.  :'(

Crazy
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

OTF

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 31, 2017, 12:18:50 AM

Thats pretty aggressive language you're using there, perhaps you might explain yourself.

town1980

well the first round is over predictions most lads got them right,i wasnt at the ballylinan game my only game to miss as i stayed in portlaoise for the two games yesterday evening,portlaoise still have the highest quality at the minute in my opinion,i was impressed with the heath they are down alot of men who are away but they out fought stradbally and were full value for there win,i thought graigue were very good in the first half 2-7 kicked by half time was very good they had  good structure seemed to play to there plan but gave away silly frees which kept kilieshin although i thought moore was poor for both sides,exciting game though

El Jefe

Quote from: El Jefe on July 27, 2017, 11:47:05 AM
Can see The Heath giving Stradbally a serious rattle
7/2 in Ladbrokes and a well deserved win