Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 10, 2023, 03:58:41 PM
Hannahstown as a 'big game' venue.....take a bow the person who had that idea.....original thought of Whitehill???????9

f**k me!! Mr whinge! When you get older do you just turn into victor Meldrew?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 10, 2023, 04:02:15 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 10, 2023, 02:57:12 PM
Collie McDonald very harsh on us! Bottled a big call at the end when it was level. McCann man handled throughout the game and then gets red.
He was man handled through the game but Jim he elbowed the man straight in the face, you can't have any serious argument with that red.
Tough game for us Aghagallon such a tough team to play against, we collectively didn't perform and it went right to the wire, takes a good team to come through these battles consistently.

But why was Ruairi not getting frees when he was clearly being held by 2 or 3 men? I don't blame the Cargin players at all for that. If they're getting away with it then why not do it. If collie blows that up for a free once or twice in the first half then that would put that out of the game straight away. There was a few calls at the end that he gave to Cargin and a few fouls that we didn't get. Fine margins.
On Cargin, they were very poor today and you'd imagine they'll not play as bad again because if they do they'll not win their next games. But they won while playing badly and that's what good teams do so fair played to them. The game was flat and both teams were playing poor so the atmosphere was crap throughout.

Hannanstown is a disgrace of a venue for a big game like that. Serious work by their club to get ready for a game like thst but they just don't have the parking. It was very dangerous getting in and out of it nevermind the tail backs.

Saffrongael

Yeah really bizarre having a big game in Hannahstown, it falls down in quite a few areas. No criticism of the club as that's not their concern, but still
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

EOC1923

Good to see St Brigids give some of their home grown players a run out at the end, should be a good semi. Hopefully in Corrigan

InnocentByStander

Congratulations to LD for being the worst championship QF venue I've ever been to. No where to park walked a mile to the pitch. Most of the crowd missed the first 10/15 minutes. Most other counties games be delayed. Paid 7 pound for a ticket with no stewards or Antrim county board member presents at either of the other gates to scan. No real standing area which lead to a complete dead atmosphere which I think worked into the pitch leading the game to be very flat. Pitch looked extremely dead no bounce off it at all. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs their head looked at.
Can't wait for MR2 to come in and stick up for the county board and call us whinges.

Thought collie had a decent game today. Seen a lot of people giving off about McCann being man handled all day then being sent off. He was giving as much as he was getting clear elbow bye bye.

Hoof Hearted

surely be dunsilly for both semis, although the likes of Ahoghill could be an alternative for Portglenone Dunloy
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on September 10, 2023, 07:08:12 PM
Congratulations to LD for being the worst championship QF venue I've ever been to. No where to park walked a mile to the pitch. Most of the crowd missed the first 10/15 minutes. Most other counties games be delayed. Paid 7 pound for a ticket with no stewards or Antrim county board member presents at either of the other gates to scan. No real standing area which lead to a complete dead atmosphere which I think worked into the pitch leading the game to be very flat. Pitch looked extremely dead no bounce off it at all. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs their head looked at.
Can't wait for MR2 to come in and stick up for the county board and call us whinges.

Thought collie had a decent game today. Seen a lot of people giving off about McCann being man handled all day then being sent off. He was giving as much as he was getting clear elbow bye bye.

Bye bye? What fecking age are you?

Paid 7 pound for a ticket and disappointed because nobody scanned you phone? Are you disappointed you paid in and didn't get to meet a scanner? Wow!

No real standing area? And the pitch had no bounce? Holy f**k!  But I'm glad you aren't whinging

Honestly, more brains in a false face

I'm not saying the pitch was best location, I'm not say there was better venues either as ones complaining about Dunsilly before are now happy with it! So people are basically gurning fucks who'll complain about the anything that doesn't suit them..

Now give me your view on the game itself rather than your first post on it being such a bad venue..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2023, 07:35:46 PM
Quote from: InnocentByStander on September 10, 2023, 07:08:12 PM

Bye bye? What fecking age are you?

Paid 7 pound for a ticket and disappointed because nobody scanned you phone? Are you disappointed you paid in and didn't get to meet a scanner? Wow!

No real standing area? And the pitch had no bounce? Holy f**k!  But I'm glad you aren't whinging

Honestly, more brains in a false face

I'm not saying the pitch was best location, I'm not say there was better venues either as ones complaining about Dunsilly before are now happy with it! So people are basically gurning fucks who'll complain about the anything that doesn't suit them..

Now give me your view on the game itself rather than your first post on it being such a bad venue..

Honest opinion worst game of the weekend. But a win is a win

ck

Was at both games. Cargin were poor and on that display there'll be new champions this year. Aghagallon made a game of it but still couldn't get over the line even when Cargin opened the door for them. A dissapointing year for wee Pete. He's their 3rd manager in 3 years and the least successful.

Lavey beat a very poor Rossa in a game that Brendan was very harsh on ODR I thought. I was expecting more from Rossa tbh.
Lavey played for frees and Brendan bought them every time. The Downeys were to the fore and I just wonder what true St.Brigids Gaels honestly think about this clan coming in and bringing them to a semi final. Is it win at all costs so its all justified or is there some discomfort seeing their homegrown players standing aside?
Regardless, Cargin would need to watch out as any Antrim team with 2 players with 2 Ulster Senior Cships an All Ireland winning captain and a couple of colleges All Stars should be taken seriously. In saying that, shut down the Downeys and Brigids have very little else.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on September 10, 2023, 08:17:22 PM
Was at both games. Cargin were poor and on that display there'll be new champions this year. Aghagallon made a game of it but still couldn't get over the line even when Cargin opened the door for them. A dissapointing year for wee Pete. He's their 3rd manager in 3 years and the least successful.

Lavey beat a very poor Rossa in a game that Brendan was very harsh on ODR I thought. I was expecting more from Rossa tbh.
Lavey played for frees and Brendan bought them every time. The Downeys were to the fore and I just wonder what true St.Brigids Gaels honestly think about this clan coming in and bringing them to a semi final. Is it win at all costs so its all justified or is there some discomfort seeing their homegrown players standing aside?
Regardless, Cargin would need to watch out as any Antrim team with 2 players with 2 Ulster Senior Cships an All Ireland winning captain and a couple of colleges All Stars should be taken seriously. In saying that, shut down the Downeys and Brigids have very little else.

When is it ok to have an 'outsider'? Is one ok or none?

Pjoe

I wonder how much St Brigids are paying these transferred players, shameful.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pjoe on September 10, 2023, 08:37:30 PM
I wonder how much St Brigids are paying these transferred players, shameful.

Link?

Pjoe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2023, 08:30:24 PM

Has to be none - the integrity of the GAA and every club in Antrim and Ireland would be called into question. I can't see any club in Antrim, apart from St Brigids, having any outside players.

EOC1923

4 Downeys on when Matthew came on plus the guy from Killyclogher, 5 men they didn't have last season in the starting team. Wouldn't be accepted in any traditional gaa club. St Brigids are different from the norm but that's how they do things, tough game for us still think we will edge them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pjoe on September 10, 2023, 08:41:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2023, 08:30:24 PM

Has to be none - the integrity of the GAA and every club in Antrim and Ireland would be called into question. I can't see any club in Antrim, apart from St Brigids, having any outside players.
Ok I want to get this straight before taking the piss... any club that has won a championship with an 'outsider' is tainted?