Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pocs pints and the gaa

Going to head to Corrigan Park at the weekend to watch the Ulster Club game. Where is the best place to view the game? Is there areas segregated off for each group of fans?

JimStynes

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on November 09, 2022, 07:34:22 AM
Going to head to Corrigan Park at the weekend to watch the Ulster Club game. Where is the best place to view the game? Is there areas segregated off for each group of fans?

The St. Brigid's lads get the seats in the stand even if they're not playing. Cargin lads get the grass bank.

Pjoe

Quote from: JimStynes on November 09, 2022, 07:38:01 AM

The St. Brigid's lads get the seats in the stand even if they're not playing. Cargin lads get the grass bank.

Aye, I heard the county committee passed it last night too that St Brigids would be stewarding the game. All Cargin supporters have been asked to follow their normal protocol and post all complaints prior to throw-in.

EOC1923

Quote from: Pjoe on November 09, 2022, 08:16:35 AM

Aye, I heard the county committee passed it last night too that St Brigids would be stewarding the game. All Cargin supporters have been asked to follow their normal protocol and post all complaints prior to throw-in.
Why are you still digging here Pjoe? Weekends underage game is over, I know Its nice for you to be able to mention the clubs in same paragraph but they're not really comparable are they?

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 09, 2022, 08:37:28 AM
Quote from: Pjoe on November 09, 2022, 08:16:35 AM

Why are you still digging here Pjoe? Weekends underage game is over, I know Its nice for you to be able to mention the clubs in same paragraph but they're not really comparable are they?

I understand the super strength of under age teams up in South Belfast which includes a few from Toome.
But have St Brigid's ever won a senior championship or even came close....?

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: delgany on November 08, 2022, 10:50:45 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on November 08, 2022, 09:57:43 PM
Tweet from Joe Brolly.

Antrim County Committee just voted overwhelmingly (90%) to restore the under 18 grade. The main argument was the amount of players being lost to the games as a result of the u17 grade.

Does this mean it will go back to u16, 14, 12, 10 etc?
My understanding is , there will still be 13/15/17  for one year (2023) but Counties can adopt additional 12/14/16/18 competions through a county bye law endorsed by Croke Park . Any subsequent changes to even only years would be voted on at Congress in February and implemented in 2024.

Antrim County committee voted to exclude 18 year olds from adult football

Not true.

Antrim County Committee voted to change the age groups back to U12, U14, U16, U18

They voted for decoupling for the FIRST year of minor. A player in the second year of minor can play senior hurling IF this proposal is passed by Congress.

As a result Antrim County Board have been mandated by the clubs to vote for this option at Congress.

Cork, Kilkenny, Tyrone and now Antrim are in favour of changing to the original format.

However at Congress, the top table will not want to be left with egg on their face as it was them who proposed the age group change. As a result there may be a lot of horse trading with overseas votes where there is not any underage structures, with the exception of the US, Canada and Britain.

The present structure will remain in place for 2023. If Congress votes to change back to the original age groups that will be in place for 2024.

EOC1923

Thanks for that clarification AC, sounds like we have done all we can. The decoupling in first year of minor is fine.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 09, 2022, 10:07:48 AM
Tweet from Joe Brolly.

Antrim County Committee just voted overwhelmingly (90%) to restore the under 18 grade. The main argument was the amount of players being lost to the games as a result of the u17 grade.

My understanding is , there will still be 13/15/17  for one year (2023) but Counties can adopt additional 12/14/16/18 competions through a county bye law endorsed by Croke Park . Any subsequent changes to even only years would be voted on at Congress in February and implemented in 2024.

Not true.

Antrim County Committee voted to change the age groups back to U12, U14, U16, U18

They voted for decoupling for the FIRST year of minor. A player in the second year of minor can play senior hurling IF this proposal is passed by Congress.

As a result Antrim County Board have been mandated by the clubs to vote for this option at Congress.

Cork, Kilkenny, Tyrone and now Antrim are in favour of changing to the original format.

However at Congress, the top table will not want to be left with egg on their face as it was them who proposed the age group change. As a result there may be a lot of horse trading with overseas votes where there is not any underage structures, with the exception of the US, Canada and Britain.

The present structure will remain in place for 2023. If Congress votes to change back to the original age groups that will be in place for 2024.

An Aghagallon man told me Armagh will also be voting the same way.

JimStynes

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on November 09, 2022, 11:13:52 AM
Tweet from Joe Brolly.

Not true.

An Aghagallon man told me Armagh will also be voting the same way.

haha  ;D

Truth hurts

aghagalllon getting a former Down player to manage them?

EOC1923

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 09, 2022, 02:07:45 PM
Ross Carr?

johnnycool

Tweet from Joe Brolly.

Not true.

That initially wasn't an option and it isn't clear whether Croke Park will accept it as an option but if enough counties request it then it's hard to see it not going forward for a full vote come convention time.

I hope it succeeds as Down are proposing the same.

Antrim CB in all fairness to them held onto U14/16/18 for as long as possible, Down were forced into going a year earlier so we knew the implications before most and I think we'd an U18 team in Antrim and an U17 team in Down for one year IIRC..

Intercounty can go U17, U19 with U19 replacing minor if they want to alleviate pressure on some players but the split season also helps in this regard which we didn't have when these changes were first introduced.

Milltown Row2

Double header at Dunsilly tomorrow... You see, they listen ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saul goodman

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 09, 2022, 02:10:28 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 09, 2022, 02:07:45 PM
Ross Carr?

there has not been anything confirmed or even talk of who might be next manager. I was reading that Ross Carr is linked with managing his home team Clonduff again. I can't see him going down to the lough shore as such.

Saffsof82

I must have been at a different meeting because the motion I heard put to the floor and which was passed by the majority in the room was to decouple at 18 ie. Players in last year of minor Cannot play in adult competitions