Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Dweller

"sorry the councils" Clubhouse

What a pathetic comment ...

Stay classy....

Sportacus

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2022, 04:39:47 PM
Up in Musgrave at the U20s, thought the Cargin boys battled well controlled the game and lost with a couple of bad errors for the StBrigids goals. But by God StBrigids are a hard watch never seen such negativity scored 1pt in 1st half I think, Cargin unable to field Sean O Neill or Cahir Donnely due to senior commitments (the latter played extra time). Would most likely of been a different result had they played but that's success for you. Moneyglass reaching the final and will fancy it, it's a 50/50 game but it won't be easy on the eye.
Final rant wasn't even able to stand where I wanted, St Brigids officials only letting their own supporters stand in front of the their (sorry the councils) clubhouse on the halfway line, never witnessed a shower of up their own a#se individuals in all my life. Rant over!
Lads not allowed to play in their own age group is ridiculous.  Let them play away and enjoy their underage years. And don't blame the county. 

Points a Good Score

Quote from: Sportacus on November 05, 2022, 05:38:21 PM
Up in Musgrave at the U20s, thought the Cargin boys battled well controlled the game and lost with a couple of bad errors for the StBrigids goals. But by God StBrigids are a hard watch never seen such negativity scored 1pt in 1st half I think, Cargin unable to field Sean O Neill or Cahir Donnely due to senior commitments (the latter played extra time). Would most likely of been a different result had they played but that's success for you. Moneyglass reaching the final and will fancy it, it's a 50/50 game but it won't be easy on the eye.
Final rant wasn't even able to stand where I wanted, St Brigids officials only letting their own supporters stand in front of the their (sorry the councils) clubhouse on the halfway line, never witnessed a shower of up their own a#se individuals in all my life. Rant over!
Lads not allowed to play in their own age group is ridiculous.  Let them play away and enjoy their underage years. And don't blame the county. 

Nonsense those lads have a Ulster Quarter Final next Sunday. Only one winner

JimStynes

Quote from: Points a Good Score on November 05, 2022, 05:46:59 PM

Exactly! We were very poor against and average Moneyglass team. We didn't get going at all and the lads didn't really seem up for it right from the start. Moneyglass took their goal chances well and have a couple of handy footballers but I thought it was a poor enough quality game.

Sportacus

Quote from: Points a Good Score on November 05, 2022, 05:46:59 PM

Talented young lads, 19 years of age, can't play two games a week apart?  In their
prime, club going well - let them play, it's an All County semi-final, not just some run of the mill league game. We're an amateur association, they just want to play.

GiveItToTheShooters

Dry your eyes

Pjoe

What a pile of crap. Do the Cargin contributors to this board just come here to moan? You lost to a better team accept it and move on. You had a chance to close the game out with 10 minutes to go and could not take it - for the remaining 30 minutes you were second best, and St Brigids played half of extra time a man down. If it's not the CCC having the audacity to fix the U20 final on the same weekend as Cargin play in Ulster (oh wait...). As for hard to watch, I recall a senior county final not that long ago - what was the score again - something like a soccer match score. 

What a shower you are on this board.

End of rant.

erinsboy

Pjoe could you please explain how Cargin played second fiddle?

Cargin gifted st Brids 2 goals which give them the game fact! Apart from that what did they actually score or even miss?

No hard feelings here but please give an accurate account of the game as apart from the goals which came from Cargin mistakes what did they score from play.1 goal !!

Anyway good luck in the final ,if lady luck is on your side next day out again you will be hard to beat.

geezer

Cargin would have walked the u-20s if they had their full panel at their disposal. Hampered by the fact their seniors have a ulster game next weekend.

City Dweller

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2022, 06:35:47 PM
Quote from: City Dweller on November 05, 2022, 05:31:41 PM

Stay classy....
Truth hurts, love it.

Oh dear.. perhaps this morning you will wake up and realise these sneering condescending comments make you sound like some posh Tory boy looking down your nose at clubs who don't own their grounds. (Does any club actually own their grounds?) 

I'm sure the gaels of Belfast who battled for years to get BCC to provide facilities for Gaelic Games from their rates, are most impressed.
Ardoyne, Pearses, St Malachys, Bredagh, Wolf Tones, East Belfast GAA and others all use Council owned pitches, indeed Woodlands is owned by the BCC.

Anyway best of luck in Ulster next weekend..

Walter Cronc

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 06, 2022, 08:18:11 AM
Quote from: City Dweller on November 05, 2022, 05:31:41 PM

Stay classy....
How's that pathetic? Stay Classy you say, hmmm I see you have no explanation to my accusation about your cronies in front of the council building?
My nephew has a soccer team near musgrave, they are applying for the lease on that wee building next CITY DWELLER. Go and buy some land, build your own pitch with funds from your elite membership.
Until you do that win all the underage titles you want, Na Piarsaigh are as close to a senior championship as you are !

Bit of a difference buying land round South Belfast and the swamp that is Toome!

EOC1923

At least people in the swamp have a bit of respect for their fellow gaels, money can't buy that.

Pjoe

Cargin posters on here should be called the IF men. We would have won IF

If I was allowed to stand where I liked
If we had other players on the pitch
If we didn't make mistakes
If the final wasn't scheduled for next weekend (oh wait that no longer matters  ;D

You were not good enough on the day. You lost. Sin e

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 06, 2022, 02:44:37 AM
Quote from: Pjoe on November 05, 2022, 09:01:10 PM
What a pile of crap. Do the Cargin contributors to this board just come here to moan? You lost to a better team accept it and move on. You had a chance to close the game out with 10 minutes to go and could not take it - for the remaining 30 minutes you were second best, and St Brigids played half of extra time a man down. If it's not the CCC having the audacity to fix the U20 final on the same weekend as Cargin play in Ulster (oh wait...). As for hard to watch, I recall a senior county final not that long ago - what was the score again - something like a soccer match score. 

What a shower you are on this board.

End of rant.

You haven't a clue about football pal, what a clueless analysis

Pjoe

Is that the same respect mentors show to match officials when they get red carded.  Or are they a different type of Gael?

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 06, 2022, 08:36:03 AM
At least people in the swamp have a bit of respect for their fellow gaels, money can't buy that.

Milltown Row2

I take it you stood your ground EOC1923?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea