Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Glenties a battle hardened team who'll be hard beat. Definitely an interesting tie. Cargin knocking on the door of a win for a few years so hopefully will get over the line but I would have Glenties as favourites.

Spike

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 04, 2022, 11:34:11 AM
"Show us they care" dear lord

maybe incorrectly worded: perhaps it didn't appear to be their 'focus' for the year ahead.

Spike

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 04, 2022, 11:44:23 AM
Glenties a battle hardened team who'll be hard beat. Definitely an interesting tie. Cargin knocking on the door of a win for a few years so hopefully will get over the line but I would have Glenties as favourites.

Certainly will be tricky. Battle hardened and an established system of playing that will be tough to crack.  In saying that Cargin have appeared quite adept at adjusting their tactics and finding solutions mid game. Hard one to call as difficult to gauge the quality of Antrim club football against the rest of Ulster.   Glenties favourites but if Cargin manage the game correctly they could shade it.

imtommygunn

Tbh Glenties look like a horrible team to play against. It'll be a battle.

Hoof Hearted

Would love to see a Toome v Maghera semi final
Bit of a Derby game as such
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

IMO...Cargin showed Gweedore too much respect last time in Corrigan. Went 9 down and came back with a rattle in second half but clock ran out. Hopefully you can get in front and stay there this time. No matter who wins Antrim c'ship everyone should get behind them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 04, 2022, 12:20:38 PM
IMO...Cargin showed Gweedore too much respect last time in Corrigan. Went 9 down and came back with a rattle in second half but clock ran out. Hopefully you can get in front and stay there this time. No matter who wins Antrim c'ship everyone should get behind them.
[/b]

That bit was too evident last year from where I was standing  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Too evident or not too evident MR?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 04, 2022, 01:39:02 PM
Too evident or not too evident MR?

Sorry, not too evident  ;D

Hopefully they get a result
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

It is the same in any sport, I wouldn't expect everyone to be behind us but a lot of people will. Hopefully we can put up a good show, Glenties are difficult to play against and their previous record in recent years Ulster in very good (bookies prices show this), but these are the games you want your club to be involved in and for me Cargin beating them wouldn't be a big shock

paddyjohn

Lár na páirce 1

By all accounts cargin have went for challenge games this year down south against huge teams and did well albeit challenge games.
I would give us every chance v N Conaill and it will take a battling performance they won't be easily beaten but I believe cargin are in a good place
No injuries from what I've seen at training with the 5 week break helping in this instance.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on November 04, 2022, 04:10:14 PM
By all accounts cargin have went for challenge games this year down south against huge teams and did well albeit challenge games.
I would give us every chance v N Conaill and it will take a battling performance they won't be easily beaten but I believe cargin are in a good place
No injuries from what I've seen at training with the 5 week break helping in this instance.

Wonder why I was sworn to secrecy....??

Milltown Row2

If a club team in Ulster is sitting on hands doing nothing waiting for it's match I'd be very surprised and so would the opposition

EOC1923

Up in Musgrave at the U20s, thought the Cargin boys battled well controlled the game and lost with a couple of bad errors for the StBrigids goals. But by God StBrigids are a hard watch never seen such negativity scored 1pt in 1st half I think, Cargin unable to field Sean O Neill or Cahir Donnely due to senior commitments (the latter played extra time). Would most likely of been a different result had they played but that's success for you. Moneyglass reaching the final and will fancy it, it's a 50/50 game but it won't be easy on the eye.
Final rant wasn't even able to stand where I wanted, St Brigids officials only letting their own supporters stand in front of the their (sorry the councils) clubhouse on the halfway line, never witnessed a shower of up their own a#se individuals in all my life. Rant over!