Saul goodman

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on October 21, 2022, 11:51:51 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 03:25:42 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 03:07:52 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on October 21, 2022, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 01:38:33 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 12:27:41 PM

So leave the county Senior Champions with 1 player in the forward line and Aghagallon with 3?  Not sure about that one

No because my point is that the senior championship would have their own players. Cargin, Aghagallon, Creggan, PG1 etc would all have more chance as they wouldn't be up against junior and intermediate players well.

And Paul McCann is a good player but I wouldn't pick him over Adam Loughran. I'd have other Cargin players in before Paul.

I'd have Paul over every mccann brother
The work he does is unseen yet phenomenal for Cargin him and Big Stork two vital cogs in a well oiled machine

Good player surely. But I know when the game is in the balance I'd want Tomas on the ball!

When you're eight points down in a county final its Gerard and Paul McCann you need.  As good as Adam is, when the pressure came on in that 2nd half it was Paul who raised his game and Adam who disappeared. Some men are built for leagues, and others for championships

Very unfair to say Adam went missing. And I wasn't talking about Adam in that last post. I was talking Tomas McCann. I said when the game is in the balance I'd pick Tomas to be on the ball. Look how many times he has saved Cargin! Including the semi final this year again Creggan. He also made a brilliant tackle against us in extra time that set up a score when they needed it most. Are you really going to pick Paul McCann over Tomas??

That's his job I wouldn't say saving cargin he's just doing his job same as rest of the players
Don't get me wrong Tomas is a class act always has been but what I'm saying is how important Paul and stork are to the cargin set up
We've only Con johnston to come in next year and bolster that too, but we are an ageing team apparently, good luck to the rest.

Don't know how Adam Loughran doesn't get an allstar his performance v PG1 in the semi worthy of one alone. The goal was out of the top drawer in those circumstances also got a great goal in the final. Would have Tomas in too

country bumpkin

Do hear that one or possibly two individuals were responsible for the production of the football 'All Star List.
Have had a lot of calls from dissatisfied 'voters' on the event.
They say, mostly without exception that when the 'public voting' closed huge changes followed prior to final result when previous outright leaders in that vote were relegated and positions were replaced by some who trailed in the public preferences and in a number of cases received award for a position in which the had not been nominated.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Anyone that pays more than 5 minutes to these all star awards and I include the main inter county ones, needs their head looked at
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Spike

Debate + controversy = publicity.  Consolation nor affirmation found in these Awards

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 23, 2022, 11:28:57 AM
Anyone that pays more than 5 minutes to these all star awards and I include the main inter county ones, needs their head looked at

Exactly
5 minutes is even too much
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

By the look of the u20 hurling final ht score the county board could be getting the farce served up they deserve

country bumpkin

So Under-20 football championship due to start next week following the non event which was the league.
Cargin may well be strong in this competition but with their date with the Glenties due the same date scheduled for the final of the under -20 championship and with a good number
'seniors' eligible for this last under age event they have a big  decision to make....

Pjoe

You'd need to get to the final first before having any decision to make. But sure either way you'll always have the CCC to blame  ;D

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 23, 2022, 05:08:46 PM
So Under-20 football championship due to start next week following the non event which was the league.
Cargin may well be strong in this competition but with their date with the Glenties due the same date scheduled for the final of the under -20 championship and with a good number
'seniors' eligible for this last under age event they have a big  decision to make....

country bumpkin

Quote from: Pjoe on October 23, 2022, 08:38:38 PM
You'd need to get to the final first before having any decision to make. But sure either way you'll always have the CCC to blame  ;D

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 23, 2022, 05:08:46 PM

Great question, but do you think they should risk the first team under 20s in the qtr final and semis if they travel that far, and just don't turn up for the final if they happen to make it??

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 23, 2022, 09:42:14 PM
Whatever about the timing of these competitions (and I'm not a great fan although I can see the difficulty trying to fit it in), is it really a huge problem for Cargin? They must have a huge amount of talented young lads at this age group and probably find it difficult to get them all some game time in their senior or reserve teams. I wouldn't imagine it's the most head pickling decision for RD to decide who is playing U20s and who is not but it's a great opportunity for the stack of other lads, and with or without their very best they'd still expect to be there or thereabouts.

Some boys play a lot of football matches. The vast majority don't play anywhere near enough. We lose sight of that sometimes.

Take your point and am sure such will reflect the decision made by those in charge.....

Truth hurts

Just looking at Antrim leagues, what has happened St Galls, Jesus they were some force to be reckoned with in 05-15

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 24, 2022, 12:27:41 PM
Just looking at Antrim leagues, what has happened St Galls, Jesus they were some force to be reckoned with in 05-15

The 05-15 team are no longer there (so to speak)?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 24, 2022, 12:27:41 PM

Retirement.... But sure it'll come back around again, at some point, I hope  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Truth hurts

what are you like at underge level, who are the strong clubs in Antrim at underage? St Brigids are getting big numbers? Aghagallon seems to be too but aren't a lot of their players from Lurgan and do their camogs not play in Armagh.
NAOMH ÉANNA are another club with big numbers