27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

JoG2

Quote from: thebigfullforward on April 23, 2024, 04:42:25 PM
Quote from: God14 on April 20, 2024, 10:22:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2024, 08:13:38 PMJust goes to show anyone can beat anyone on the day. Harte is a stubborn f**ker though so I'd put money on Lynch pushing up the next day too! Not many teams have the midfield to dominate Glass!

Derry are a class side, I've no agenda here... But Conor Glass is so overrated it's unreal..another shocker performance, he saves his shockers for when Derry are in a tight spot too
I'd agree with that. Even from what I've seen at club level he's able to take it up a notch in the final 10 minutes but before that it doesn't feel like he's in the game. Seems to be the same at county level as well. Capable of a few big plays during a game but it doesn't feel like he's there consistently for 45/50 minutes

As a famous son of Derry once famously said.. 'youse boys no nothing about football'.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 23, 2024, 10:29:02 PMNot any lover of Tyrone, but it's very unfair a team having to play a big semi-final game just 6 days after a tight game. Def needs a 2 week breathing space between quarters and semi, plus a 2 week space to the qualifiers after the final for runners up
Absolutely. Scrap the group shite, 2 championships of 16 with a back door before the quarter finals or maybe just straight knockout be even better. Push the all ireland back to mid august.

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on April 23, 2024, 10:34:46 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2024, 08:13:38 PMJust goes to show anyone can beat anyone on the day. Harte is a stubborn f**ker though so I'd put money on Lynch pushing up the next day too! Not many teams have the midfield to dominate Glass!

Derry are a class side, I've no agenda here... But Conor Glass is so overrated it's unreal..another shocker performance, he saves his shockers for when Derry are in a tight spot too
I'd agree with that. Even from what I've seen at club level he's able to take it up a notch in the final 10 minutes but before that it doesn't feel like he's in the game. Seems to be the same at county level as well. Capable of a few big plays during a game but it doesn't feel like he's there consistently for 45/50 minutes

As a famous son of Derry once famously said.. 'youse boys no nothing about football'.
Glass is some operator. Not too often he doesn't have a massive say in games and steps up when the game is in the melting pot.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2024, 11:32:29 AMSo to sum up, nobody actually knows the entirety or precisely what happened, but everyone is certain the ref got it wrong or fucked up in order to shaft their team.

Great stuff.

I'd say Paddy Lynch has a pretty good idea. He said they were both at it and he was lucky to get a different punishment and that the game turned on the incident.

Tyrone need to deal much better with going down to 14, no doubt about that, but a shocking piece of refereeing.

Tones

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 23, 2024, 10:36:06 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 23, 2024, 10:29:02 PMNot any lover of Tyrone, but it's very unfair a team having to play a big semi-final game just 6 days after a tight game. Def needs a 2 week breathing space between quarters and semi, plus a 2 week space to the qualifiers after the final for runners up
Absolutely. Scrap the group shite, 2 championships of 16 with a back door before the quarter finals or maybe just straight knockout be even better. Push the all ireland back to mid august.

When would the concerts happen though?

Armagh18

Quote from: Tones on April 23, 2024, 10:49:24 PM

You're a quare man for the concerts! ;)

onefineday

Definitely not, the group stages are when this shadow boxing stops and the real championship begins.
I've seen various calls for provincial champions to go straight into quarter finals and other similar bollox, ludicrously, those calls have tended to be from Ulstermen. Can we not all see how that would simply reinforce the bullshit system we've had for nearly 150 years which sees kerry (and now Dublin too) advance directly to a quarter almost every year whilst the rest of us have to fight tooth and nail to get there?
For me, I'm really looking forward to groups, especially now that we all realise there is jeopardy, progressing is one thing, but progressing as group winners is a serious bonus Vs 2nd or 3rd. It's not perfect, but it's a massive step in the right direction.

Armagh18

Quote from: onefineday on April 24, 2024, 01:25:34 AM
Definitely not, the group stages are when this shadow boxing stops and the real championship begins.
I've seen various calls for provincial champions to go straight into quarter finals and other similar bollox, ludicrously, those calls have tended to be from Ulstermen. Can we not all see how that would simply reinforce the bullshit system we've had for nearly 150 years which sees kerry (and now Dublin too) advance directly to a quarter almost every year whilst the rest of us have to fight tooth and nail to get there?
For me, I'm really looking forward to groups, especially now that we all realise there is jeopardy, progressing is one thing, but progressing as group winners is a serious bonus Vs 2nd or 3rd. It's not perfect, but it's a massive step in the right direction.
If you're looking jeopardy then play straight knockout for the last 16.

Tones

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 23, 2024, 10:52:35 PM
Quote from: Tones on April 23, 2024, 10:49:24 PM

You're a quare man for the concerts! ;)

Only time some folk will get to Croke Park!

Tones

Quote from: onefineday on April 24, 2024, 01:25:34 AM

Where's the Jeopardy in the group stages as soon as they are confirmed the 4 losers will be known.

thebigfullforward

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 23, 2024, 10:37:33 PM

Glass is some operator. Not too often he doesn't have a massive say in games and steps up when the game is in the melting pot.
That's exactly what i said lol? He often shows up when it matters in the last minutes of a game but before that i don't think he influences the game as much as other players

thebigfullforward

Do you think Conor Glass consistently impacts the game from start to finish? I don't. As I've said already he takes his game to another level in the last 10/15 minutes if needed but the rest of the game he isn't as influential as Rodgers is say

JoG2

Quote from: thebigfullforward on April 24, 2024, 08:11:50 AM

Do you think Conor Glass consistently impacts the game from start to finish? I don't. As I've said already he takes his game to another level in the last 10/15 minutes if needed but the rest of the game he isn't as influential as Rodgers is say

You can double down all you want but you are still talking out your hole. I've missed 1 Derry game in the last 2 years,caught a good few Glen games. I know it's a thing to reel against popular opinion etc these days but you'll be in a very very small minority who doesn't think Glass is a player at the very highest level, a rolls royce of a player. Glass is the real deal. The wee 10 mins at the end of games cameo from yourself deserves the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka meme more than any line I've heard in a while

tonto1888

Quote from: JoG2 on April 24, 2024, 08:29:43 AM
Quote from: thebigfullforward on April 24, 2024, 08:11:50 AM

You can double down all you want but you are still talking out your hole. I've missed 1 Derry game in the last 2 years,caught a good few Glen games. I know it's a thing to reel against popular opinion etc these days but you'll be in a very very small minority who doesn't think Glass is a player at the very highest level, a rolls royce of a player. Glass is the real deal. The wee 10 mins at the end of games cameo from yourself deserves the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka meme more than any line I've heard in a while

I can see what he is saying about rodgers though. I think he is better than glass. Admittedly I havent watched as many Derry games as you. Thats nothing against Glass, I think he is fantastic. He looked jaded on Sat evening though. I think he should have rested a bit after the club final.

Tones

Sure he's getting plenty of rest now.  The rolls royce will be purring again come the group stages.