County Final Programmes comparison

Started by Plain of the Herbs, October 09, 2012, 01:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plain of the Herbs

Folks,

I want to do a comparison of County Final programmes.  Basically, how many pages were in yours, how much did it cost and how many pages of ads were there?

The Offaly hurling Final one last Sunday had 40 colour pages, cost €3 and had 8 pages of ads.

The Worker

Syferus

The only reason to go to the Mayo final is to get the programme, anyways  :-X

theticklemister

The programs in Derry every year are excellent and are cheap for the content. I wont be there this year but I have mine ordered ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

By the looks of it a lot of counties recommend their county final programs, i think why this is the case is that there is a huge content of GAA information put into them with all the games played throughout the year. I collect county final programs and I always have a look back to see how fellas played in years gone by.

Louth Exile

Louth's current PRO is excellent, I think that the senior final programme in Louth won an award last year, don't know if it was best in Leinster, or best in the country
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Jiminy

I was at the Kildare Hurling Final last weekend. Pretty decent programme I thought, it had 30 pages a mix of black and white and cost €3. No adds except a Tegral ad on the back cover

emmetryan

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 09, 2012, 03:12:09 PM
Louth's current PRO is excellent, I think that the senior final programme in Louth won an award last year, don't know if it was best in Leinster, or best in the country

I was at a good few finals last year and am doing plenty this year too. Best I've seen by far are what Ronan produces in Louth.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Louth Exile

Quote from: emmetryan on October 10, 2012, 09:19:22 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on October 09, 2012, 03:12:09 PM
I was at a good few finals last year and am doing plenty this year too. Best I've seen by far are what Ronan produces in Louth.

He's a top class PRO overall, although somebody should tell the Louth Hearing's committe that they can't use his tweet's to overturn a refs report!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

emmetryan

I am staying well clear of that can of worms!
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Louth Exile

Farneylawd2011

I went to the Armagh SFC final today.Bought the programme for £3.Was not as good as last years.Thought there would be alot more in it.

Heshs Umpire

Laois SHC, IHC and JHC finals triple header today. Programme €3, a massive 80 pages but around 43/44 pages of ads.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

KIDDO 4

Fermanagh 3 sterling ,or 5 euro 48 pages ,Tyrone 48pages 3sterling or 3 euro ,Armagh 3 sterling or 3 euro , 48 pages.

AZOffaly

Tipp IHC and SHC finals in Thurles. €4 for the program. 48 pages, all colour, glossy programme, like a Croke Park one. 7 pages of ads, but in fairness two of them were the inside front and back covers, so only 5 ads in the 48 pages. Good aul program now, lots of articles by reporters, and a big feature on the Cappawhite team of 1987, who were introduced on the pitch as well.

Plain of the Herbs

Offaly SFC and MFC Finals yesterday.  Again programme had 40 pages and cost €3.  This one had 13 pages of ads.