Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Job done. Hopefully Griezmann's 6/10 leaving athletico a bit more likely.  :)
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Main Street

It was a commanding performance by Man U, controlled the game all through and a very comfortable win, in what was predicted to be a much tighter affair, well, tighter than it turned out to be.

Is that Rooney off now? Not much use him hanging around if he's not going to get games.

GJL

In fairness Jose got it bang on tonight. Controlled the game from start to finish. This season has got to be considered a success.

michaelg

Would put  you off watching football that.

AZOffaly

Well done United. A bad season in many ways still ending up with 2 trophies and CL qualification. I'd take a few of those bad seasons.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on May 24, 2017, 09:49:56 PM
In fairness Jose got it bang on tonight. Controlled the game from start to finish. This season has got to be considered a success.

Wasn't great.... would be hoping for the defence to tighten up and Utd to improve on their attacking play, yes controlling a game is needed but winning the league would require some surgery
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Mourinho was brought in last summer to bring the club back to the champions league and to win trophies job done in season one. Darmian who i wasn't convinced about was probably MOTM tonight Smalling solid also. Never seen so many on crutches picking up their medals.

The Stallion

Mourinho has done well so far with Utd. He has probably been manager of the season for me.

ballinaman

Straight into the group stages of the champions league. Handy

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 24, 2017, 09:53:45 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 24, 2017, 09:49:56 PM

Wasn't great.... would be hoping for the defence to tighten up and Utd to improve on their attacking play, yes controlling a game is needed but winning the league would require some surgery

Defence did tighten up, harder to score against now and harder to beat because of that defensive organization.

smelmoth

Quote from: michaelg on May 24, 2017, 09:50:52 PM
Would put  you off watching football that.

Awful stuff.

Jose was brought in to win. Not to entertain or do things the United way. Fair enough but when Jose moves on will united attempt to reclaim their history and way of playing?

United's traditions have not been suspended they have been foregone

Ball Hopper

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2017, 09:51:49 PM
Well done United. A bad season in many ways still ending up with 2 trophies and CL qualification. I'd take a few of those bad seasons.

Did they not win three trophies?

Jeepers Creepers

Thought it was a decent away performance. unlike the season gone, Utd able to score twice with limited quality control of the game. Ajax were a very tidy football team, technically very good (once the settled down) although were very poor up front. Darmian and Herrera big shouts for man of the match. no nonsense grafting. ANOTHER interesting summer ahead.

5 Sams

Didnt see the game but just got the headlights...I would be a United admirer...havent been a fan since the Cantona days....but I have to say Ander Herrara is a p***k.

Good to see them winning the third out of the 3 major European trophies....something Liverpool will never do ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Milltown Row2

Herrara fills that position well.... that's been missing in that position
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea