American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Penn state and Texas A&M is worth a quick flick every now and then on espn. 17-14 penn state at the half.

Carmen Stateside

Keeping an eye on it, Penn States coach is a bit of a character!
Seems to be a good game alright!

Carmen Stateside

hows about that then!
Thats pure class! Moss should have had it the first time. Looking good for the unbeaten now :(

Puckoon

The patriots are immense. No other word for it. Coming back from 28-16 like that - Brady is relentless, hes been hit more times than a CBS pupil tonight and hes bounced up and delivered every time.

new devil

Unreal throw for moss TD....Don't no how he dropped the first one!!

new devil

GalwayBayBoy

Congrats to the perfect Pats. Looked in trouble for a while tonight but pulled through like the winners they are. Unbeliveable outfit.

Can they top it off with the Superbowl now and become truly the greatest of all time?

Carmen Stateside

Well done Pats!
It will all count for nothing but if they dont go on to win the Super bowl. Remember the Dolphins went on to win it in their unbeaten season!
Eli Manning by the way was dirt in the second half, still they covered the spread ;)

ONeill

A long shot but the Chargers to win it. Last year they entered the play-offs on a 10-game streak only to peak too soon. This year it has been spot on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

Fair play to the Pats - I'm not really bothered about the play-offs now

The only thing that interests me is the possibility of Favre vs Brady in the Superbowl

magickingdom

an amazing season for the pats, brady never quits, even tho they deserve it they got that little bit of luck you need to be perfect. some season by randy moss too tho jerry rice will always be a legend...

ONeill

AFC PLAYOFF PICTURE

New England 1. New England Patriots (16-0) – Won AFC East and earned home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Indianapolis 2. Indianapolis Colts (13-3) – Won AFC South and earned first-round bye.

San Diego 3. San Diego Chargers (11-5) – Won AFC West and earned first-round home playoff game.

Pittsburgh 4. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6) – Won AFC North and earned first-round home playoff game.

Jacksonville 5. Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5) – Earned wild-card berth and No. 5 seed.

Tennessee 6. Tennessee Titans (10-6) – Defeated the Colts to clinch the final wild-card spot.

Here are the first-round matchups in the AFC:

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh: Saturday, Jan. 5, 8 ET (NBC)
Tennessee at San Diego: Sunday, Jan. 6, 4:30 ET (CBS)

First-round byes: New England and Indianapolis

NFC PLAYOFF PICTURE

Dallas 1. Dallas Cowboys (13-3) – Won NFC East and earned home-field advantage because of head-to-head victory over Packers.

Green Bay 2. Green Bay Packers (13-3) – Won NFC North and earned first-round bye.

Seattle 3. Seattle Seahawks (10-6) – Won NFC West and earned first-round home game.

Tampa Bay 4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-7) – Won NFC South and earned first-round home game.

New York 5. New York Giants (10-6) – Earned wild-card berth and No. 5 seed.

Washington 6. Washington Redskins (9-7) – Defeated the Cowboys to earn the final wild-card spot.

Here are the first-round matchups in the NFC:

Washington at Seattle: Saturday, Jan. 5, 4:30 ET (NBC)
N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay: Sunday, Jan. 6, 1 ET (Fox)

First-round byes: Dallas and Green Bay
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thejuice

on a side note jerry rice set his record with just 12 games. but still fair play to the pats they're and awesome team and fair play to the giants for making a game of it, hey could easily rested their starters. None of the wild card teams look strong enough to worry any of the top seeded teams. Farve getting to the Superbowl would be a nice way for him to finish his career. but its a long shot.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on December 31, 2007, 11:20:39 AM
on a side note jerry rice set his record with just 12 games. but still fair play to the pats they're and awesome team and fair play to the giants for making a game of it, hey could easily rested their starters. None of the wild card teams look strong enough to worry any of the top seeded teams. Farve getting to the Superbowl would be a nice way for him to finish his career. but its a long shot.

Dunno if it is that big of a longshot, Cowboys are playing like a heap of shite and i know people are saying its hard to get motivated with nothing to play for but they may not be able to just switch it back on again. I actually think the Pats are going to fall short this year. Colts for me.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 30, 2007, 09:28:26 AM
Fair play to the Pats - I'm not really bothered about the play-offs now

The only thing that interests me is the possibility of Favre vs Brady in the Superbowl

Im praying for a Farve Brady superbowl.

Anyways, so there is a lot of talk on the sports networks now concerning the Patriots season and whether it will be a failure if they dont win the super bowl. After going 16-0 in the regular season, I dont see how it couldnt be a failure. Whats the point in having a regular unbeaten season, and being the best team in the nation - then going out of the playoff picture? Do any of you think the Pats can not win the superbowl and not have their season described as a failure? Bear in mind - Im not forgetting they went 16-0 - but whats the point if you dont go all the way?