American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 30, 2007, 05:58:47 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 30, 2007, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 30, 2007, 09:09:11 AM
I passed out, did my best to stay awake but had to be up for work at 7. looked like a good ol game. loved TO's popcorn celebration. He's the dude and as a player almost impossible to cover for an entire game or keep scoreless.

He's an absolute w**ker

Can't say I'm a big fan of him either. Obviously he's a real talent but the man is in love with himself. I notice Nick Halling on Sky can't stand him.

Sometimes I can take to cocky players in any sport but TO isn't one of them.
Its not so much the cockiness as the downright selfishness and divisivness he showed during the end of his time at phillidelphia.

SeanSouth

Quote from: Puckoon on November 30, 2007, 11:22:57 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 30, 2007, 05:58:47 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 30, 2007, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 30, 2007, 09:09:11 AM
I passed out, did my best to stay awake but had to be up for work at 7. looked like a good ol game. loved TO's popcorn celebration. He's the dude and as a player almost impossible to cover for an entire game or keep scoreless.

He's an absolute w**ker

Can't say I'm a big fan of him either. Obviously he's a real talent but the man is in love with himself. I notice Nick Halling on Sky can't stand him.

Sometimes I can take to cocky players in any sport but TO isn't one of them.
Its not so much the cockiness as the downright selfishness and divisivness he showed during the end of his time at phillidelphia.

It was interesting that Ian Allen, the Sky Sports analyst and former Eagle said quite a few of the Eagles were saying the same things that TO was about Mc Nabb but were not as outspoken as him so never said anything.

SeanSouth

One of the fellas charged with the murder of Sean Taylor used to cut his grass and do chores for him !

DrinkingHarp

Quick tip for tonites game Oklahoma  vs Missouri    Take Oklahoma giving up 3 pts  game is being played in Texas.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

magickingdom

some end to the washington/buffalo game, buffalo clinched with a 36 yard field goal in the dying seconds. after first nailing a 51 yard field goal buffalo had to retake after washington called a time out. on the retake washington called another time out but were penalised 15 yards for unsporting conduct for trying to freeze the kicker with consecutive time outs, buffalo easily make the 36 yarder to win 17-16. emotional day in washington with the tribute to sean taylor with the skins starting with only 10 players.

DrinkingHarp

Magickingdom, you beat me to it.

Joe Gibbs , a cranky old fart, showed some class by sending 10 players out on the field for the defense and leaving Taylors spot open.

But then the old age creeps back into his head and calls back to back time outs to give Buffalo an easier field goal(weather conditions)

Gibbs is like one of those seniors you see driving around and you wonder how the hell can that happen.

Galwaybhoy

What were the Siants at.  If ever a team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Id say the Bucs couldnt believe their luck.

Bengals @ Steelers on now.  Another awful wet day.  Bengals lead 7-0.

DrinkingHarp

Complete NCAA FOTBALL Bowl Listings

www.collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=673438

(wish I knew how to cut and paste :-[)

Looks like some very good games and the Bookies licking their chops.

Best bets look like Oklahoma, Boise State, South Florida, Illinois and Rutgers.

Gabriel_Hurl

I'll be at that Rutgers Bowl game  ;D

Puckoon

Patriots -19 for this evenings game. -13 at half time. Might have to put a bit on this.

SeanSouth

You heard it here first, Steelers to beat Pats next week......

Puckoon

Took the pats at -18.5. Hopefully the wind isnt too much of a factor. Banking on a couple of things to hold up for the bet.

The Claw

You think that'll come through puckoon? very doubtful, steelers have one of the best defences in the league

Puckoon

The ravens, this evenings game. Not next weeks game.
That said, Im banking on two streaks tonight, the ravens losing 6 straight and not putting many points on the board, and the pats running it up. Belichick hates the ravens coach, I dont think he will take the foot off the brake, plus the pats didnt play well last week - he will have been riding them hard this week in practice.

The Claw

Ah was wonderin why the spread was so much, all the talk about the steelers game forgot about this one. Aye, randy also due a big one after being quiet the last day. Brady should get better protection as well.