Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

GSW seem to be back to something like their best & with Curry to come back too
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2018, 01:05:36 PM

Hard to say. The Spurs are flat out bad this year and it's only because they're the Spurs and have Pop (and superhero efforts from Aldridge in fairness) that they actually made the playoffs. The Kawhi situation is just so strange.

If Curry isn't 100%, which is a big if as it's the same injury and same knee as two years ago, they'll be underdogs against Houston.

Syferus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 13, 2018, 06:31:33 PM
Cowboys cut Dez

Sounds like Bryant's contract not being structured with bonuses early in the league year is what allowed the Cowboys to make this move now. He underperformed but his agent should be fired for negligence.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 13, 2018, 06:31:33 PM
Cowboys cut Dez

No surprise. He's just not that good (any more).

screenexile

What's going on at the Patriots??

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteEagles vs Jags - Week 8 on 28 October at Wembley Stadium. It will be an 1.30pm kickoff in London, making for a 9:30am start time in the Eastern time zone.

The other game at Wembley will be the previous week with the Los Angeles Chargers hosting the Tennessee Titans, another 1.30pm local kickoff.

Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium in London will be the site for an Oakland Raiders home game on 14 October against Seattle, a 6pm kickoff in London.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 19, 2018, 06:12:18 PM
QuoteEagles vs Jags - Week 8 on 28 October at Wembley Stadium. It will be an 1.30pm kickoff in London, making for a 9:30am start time in the Eastern time zone.

The other game at Wembley will be the previous week with the Los Angeles Chargers hosting the Tennessee Titans, another 1.30pm local kickoff.

Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium in London will be the site for an Oakland Raiders home game on 14 October against Seattle, a 6pm kickoff in London.

Hoping to get to that Eagles Jaguars game.

gawa316

Spurs was the best possible draw for them, next up looking like the pelicans which will be a much stiffer test and curry may miss the start of that series. Unless Curry is fit and flying I can't see them beating Houston.

The East is total pish, actually think the 6ers might win it but whoever wins the West wins the whole shabang.

gallsman

Quote from: gawa316 on April 20, 2018, 03:50:33 PM

Spurs was the best possible draw for them, next up looking like the pelicans which will be a much stiffer test and curry may miss the start of that series. Unless Curry is fit and flying I can't see them beating Houston.

The East is total pish, actually think the 6ers might win it but whoever wins the West wins the whole shabang.

Yeah the 76ers definitely have the talent to win the East. Embiid and Simmons are insanely good.

Cleveland could genuinely lose in the first round. LeBron is going to have to play like he did in Game 2 for them to have any chance.

Therealdonald

Quote from: gallsman on April 20, 2018, 05:05:22 PM

Yeah the 76ers definitely have the talent to win the East. Embiid and Simmons are insanely good.

Cleveland could genuinely lose in the first round. LeBron is going to have to play like he did in Game 2 for them to have any chance.

With Irving and Hayward, the Celtics wouldve been Champs. It's a pity Irving won't get the chance to finish Lebron in the East finals.

The Warriors are the hot hand at the minute, can't see the Beard being any use to them.

gallsman

If Curry isn't back 100%, the Warriors won't beat Houston.

Boston had started sliding, and badly, before Kyrie went down. The addition of Hayward to that team wouldn't be enough to beat either GSW or Houston. Definitely favourites for the East though.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on April 20, 2018, 05:05:22 PM

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go out. Lebron is scoring half their points but that's not going to cut it.

I can see achanging of the guard next year apart from the warriors and rockets. Can see the 6ers, timberwolves, Jazz, Pacers, Bucks and Pelicans over taking the likes of Toronto, Spurs, cavs and Portland. OKC will depend on if they keep George with Westbrook. There's then scope for a lakers or New York to jump the queue if they acquire lebron and:or Leonard

gallsman

Taylor

Quote from: gallsman on April 26, 2018, 09:44:31 AM
LeBron. f**king hell.

Superb score.
Play Offs were made for him

AZOffaly

Well kids, draft round 1 tonight. What do we reckon? If I was the Browns GM, unless I was absolutely taken with one of the top 4 QBs, I'd go Barkley first, and QB in 4th.  If that happens, I think the first 4 spots will stay the same. If the Browns go QB at #1, Barkley will surely be gone by #4, so maybe the Browns will trade down and let maybe the Cardinals or Patriots come up for someone like Rosen, Allen or Mayfield. Allen's stock has risen, but from looking at some of the clips of him last season, his accuracy looks to be a real problem. He threw a country mile at the Combine, but that's not the same as trying to keep your eyes down the field when a 6' 7'' DE is looking to take your head off.

The word is Rosen may slip because people are worried about his 'love' for the game and the fact that he challenges his coaches and needs everything right. Might be me, but I would think a perfectionist like that might fit in with the Patriot way.

For the Cardinals, I'd like them to be in play for Rosen or Mayfield. I don't like Allen's accuracy issues, nor do I like Darnolds USCness. Mason Rudolph might end up being the best QB in the draft, and if he falls, don't be surprised if the Patriots pick him up.  Lamar Jackson is intriguing but he'll only fit certain offences, and he might end up in the second round.

There's other good players at all positions. Bradley Chubb at DE is likely to be a big success, and teams with a pass rush need would love him, but it may be that the Browns take him at 4 if they go QB 1. Calvin Ridley is probably the best receiver in a middling receivers class. Offensive line is probably above average, two good Notre Dame linemen likely to go in round 1, along with a couple of others from Alabama and Georgia. DL strong too. DBs and Linebackers are also strong, and the Alabama safety/db Minkah Fitzpatrick will be coveted. Darrius Guice, the LSU running back might get into the top round as well, but if he doesn't he should be a bargain in round 2.

Here's the current draft order, which can of course change if trades are made.

Round 1

1 CLEVELAND BROWNS
2 NEW YORK GIANTS
3 NEW YORK JETS
4 CLEVELAND BROWNS
5 DENVER BRONCOS
6 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
7 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
8 CHICAGO BEARS
9 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
10 OAKLAND RAIDERS
11 MIAMI DOLPHINS
12 BUFFALO BILLS
13 WASHINGTON REDSKINS
14 GREEN BAY PACKERS
15 ARIZONA CARDINALS
16 BALTIMORE RAVENS
17 LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
18 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
19 DALLAS COWBOYS
20 DETROIT LIONS
21 CINCINNATI BENGALS
22 BUFFALO BILLS
23 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
24 CAROLINA PANTHERS
25 TENNESSEE TITANS
26 ATLANTA FALCONS
27 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS
29 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
30 MINNESOTA VIKINGS
31 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
32 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

No Picks currently (barring trades) in round 1 for : LOS ANGELES RAMS, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS and HOUSTON TEXANS

This is the latest mock draft from Mike Mayock, note he has some trades predicted. Also worth noting the most accurate draft prediction last year got 11 correct, so treat with caution :)

1 - Cleveland Browns : Sam Darnold, QB, USC
2 - New York Giants : Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
3 - New York Jets : Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
4 - Cleveland Browns : Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
5 - Denver Broncos: Quenton Nelson, OT, Notre Dame
6 - Buffalo Bills *PREDICTS TRADE WITH COLTS*: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
7 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Derwin James, S, Florida State
8 - Chicago Bears : Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
9 - San Francisco 49ers : Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
10 - Oakland Raiders : Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
11 - Miami Dolphins : Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
12 - Indianapolis Colts *PREDICTS TRADE WITH BILLS*: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
13 - Washington Redskins : Vita Vea, DT, Washington
14 - Green Bay Packers : Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
15 - Arizona Cardinals  : Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
16 - Baltimore Ravens - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
17 - Los Angeles Chargers - Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
18 - Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Davenport, DE, UT San Antonio
19 - Dallas Cowboys - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
20 - Detroit Lions - Harold Landry, DE, Boston College
21 - Cincinnati Bengals - Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas
22 - Indianapolis Colts *PREDICTS TRADE WITH BILL*: Isiah Wynn, OT, Georgia
23 - New England Patriots : Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
24 - Carolina Panthers : Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama