Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2018, 09:12:48 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 07, 2018, 08:58:01 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 07, 2018, 03:03:32 PM
Compare that to how Cam got treated when he did the same

Saint Tom  ::)
tom has won some and played really well on Sunday so he gets a bit of a pass ,cam didn't play well in that Super Bowl and I remember him not diving on loose ball for fear of injury which a lot of people didn't like , must also be said Brady's attempts at running and catching were pathetic on Sunday

Fear of injury, Cam Newton, the guy who runs at linebackers like a RB and nearly always lowers the shoulder rather than baseball sides? Right.

Which makes his lack of effort on that play all the more unforgivable.

Gmac

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 07, 2018, 09:14:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2018, 09:12:48 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 07, 2018, 08:58:01 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 07, 2018, 03:03:32 PM
Compare that to how Cam got treated when he did the same

Saint Tom  ::)
tom has won some and played really well on Sunday so he gets a bit of a pass ,cam didn't play well in that Super Bowl and I remember him not diving on loose ball for fear of injury which a lot of people didn't like , must also be said Brady's attempts at running and catching were pathetic on Sunday

Fear of injury, Cam Newton, the guy who runs at linebackers like a RB and nearly always lowers the shoulder rather than baseball sides? Right.

Which makes his lack of effort on that play all the more unforgivable.
i was talking about that particular game and that particular play ,he was rattled in that Super Bowl and was seeing von miller before the ball was being snapped , cams line from that day 18-41 with 46 rushing yards ranks 40th best QB performance in Super Bowl history, tommy and Kurt have it to themselves at the top

stew

Quote from: Syferus on February 06, 2018, 06:20:12 PM
You should know well enough by now that facts have no effect on Stew, Gabriel.

Anyone rioting after a sporting event should get hammered no matter the city, and what would you know about facts syferus?

Philly is the most obnoxious set of supporters in the United States, always have been, always will be.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 10:15:52 AM
Brady not congratulating Foles and running into the locker room as well. Stay classy Patriots.

Yeah that did not sit well with me either, man up Tom, I am sure he saw him backstage as it were but that was classless and would be beneath any other all time great QB, it reeks of arrogance and I can see why people would hate on the pats with the face of the organiztion and the league not having the moral fibre to man up and say well done to a peer in public. Damn that was a bad look.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Serious number of trades in the NBA today before the deadline. Wade, Rose, Thomas all gone from Cleveland.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2018, 07:00:43 PM
Serious number of trades in the NBA today before the deadline. Wade, Rose, Thomas all gone from Cleveland.

Are they folding up the tents? I heard they lost 13 of their last 17 or something mad like that.

Gabriel_Hurl

Lots of news today

QuoteThe 49ers and QB Jimmy Garoppolo have agreed to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, source says. The biggest deal in NFL history on a average-per-year basis.

All over the place in the NBA - all change in Cleveland

QuoteLakers sending Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance to the Cavaliers, Cleveland is sending Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye and a protected 2018 1st round pick  to the Lakers

QuoteMemphis has traded James Ennis to Detroit for Brice Johnson and a second-round pick

QuoteUtah has traded Rodney Hood to Cleveland. Utah will also send Joe Johnson to Sacramento, and Cleveland will send Jae Crowder and Derek Rose to Utah,. Sacramento sends George Hill to the Cavs.

QuoteCleveland sends Iman Shumpert to Kings in deal. Cleveland is trading Dwyane Wade to Miami for a protected 2nd round pick. Cleveland sends 2020 second-round pick via Miami to Sacramento.

QuoteDenver is trading Emmanuel Mudiay to New York

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 08, 2018, 07:02:56 PM

Are they folding up the tents? I heard they lost 13 of their last 17 or something mad like that.

They've been shite recently but had an epic win last night where LeBron blocked a shot and made the game winner in the final 1.5 seconds.

They're trying to fix things and get one more shot at winning now but I'm not sure today's moves do that for them. They'll struggle to win the East at this stage.

gallsman

Cavs luxury tax bill next year going to be the region of 100m  :-\

SLIGONIAN

What were the Cavs thinking with Kyrie Irving, free fall since that imo
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Oraisteach

Some sources say that if he hadn't been traded, Irving would simply have sat out the season, feigning a leg injury. 

gallsman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 08, 2018, 09:24:40 PM

They were fine up to Christmas. Irving wanted out, not much teams can do with a superstar with that mindset these days.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2018, 10:03:54 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 08, 2018, 09:24:40 PM

They were fine up to Christmas. Irving wanted out, not much teams can do with a superstar with that mindset these days.

They could have said we're letting Lebron go after the season and building around you to try and keep him.

gawa316

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 08, 2018, 09:44:14 PM
Some sources say that if he hadn't been traded, Irving would simply have sat out the season, feigning a leg injury.

Yip heard numerous reports that he said he would've got knee surgery (thus taking him out for the year) if he wasn't traded.

Warriors going through a mini funk at the minute as well so things getting a little more interesting. OKC seem to have their number at the min but remains to be seen if they could do it in 7 because of their depth. Rockets are the obvious choice for their main contender.

Actually think the warriors can't seem to deal with athleticism like Westbrook, George, The Greek etc when they turn it on. Green and maybe West the only players with a bit of dort about them. They actually miss Jordan Bell.

Be interesting to see who the Lakers are lining up for the 2 max contract slots they have opened up.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2018, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 08, 2018, 07:02:56 PM

They've been shite recently but had an epic win last night where LeBron blocked a shot and made the game winner in the final 1.5 seconds.

They're trying to fix things and get one more shot at winning now but I'm not sure today's moves do that for them. They'll struggle to win the East at this stage.

In overtime after he had missed the chance top win it in normal time.