Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2018, 10:54:05 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2018, 10:06:52 PM
What a performance from Jonjo!  lorded the mid field today.

Outstanding anytime I see him play.. better than Henderson?
I seen someone on twitter say about Shelvey, 'he has everything, but is just missing something' sums him up pretty well.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 12, 2018, 01:40:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2018, 10:54:05 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2018, 10:06:52 PM
What a performance from Jonjo!  lorded the mid field today.

Outstanding anytime I see him play.. better than Henderson?
I seen someone on twitter say about Shelvey, 'he has everything, but is just missing something' sums him up pretty well.

That Liverpool chant when Shelvey played for them.. " Johnjo Shelvey looks like a thumb " :)

brokencrossbar1

I will tell you what he is missing...a brain!!!  He has all the natural talent to be a top class no 8 type midfielder but he is dumb as f**k. He plays games like yesterday 2-3 times in a row and then disappears

mouview

Jones is as bad as Smalling, carthorse. Pretty soon the bright lights of Madrid will begin to twinkle from afar to Pogba's agent.

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 12, 2018, 02:00:34 PM
I will tell you what he is missing...a brain!!!  He has all the natural talent to be a top class no 8 type midfielder but he is dumb as f**k. He plays games like yesterday 2-3 times in a row and then disappears

What BC said.

And he is a bit too fond of the Hollywood ball as well (Cant think where he learned that from..). Great on certain days like yesterday when they come off but can give a lot of possession away as well. Alonso/Pirlo were the masters of this, they could ping balls 70 yards to feet when they wanted to but very rarely did unless there was a good reason and the pass was on. Played the percentages, just kept possession with simple passes but always keeping the team moving and liable to make the killer pass if the opportunity arose. Shelvey, much like Gerrard when they would have played together at Liverpool is always looked for that final ball. 

Cunny Funt

Only saw highlights, it seems the Newcastle goalkeeper had a dream debut the sitter missed by Sanchez proves he was bought while bang out of form.  Jose interview afterwards didn't seem to care too much about the defeat was more focused on praising Newcastle for fighting so hard for their win something he will need from his own players in the champions league if they are to progress to the Quarter final.

magpie seanie

Why would he care. He got a nice extension so he'll get a huge payoff when they have to sack him.

stew

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 12, 2018, 02:51:31 PM
Only saw highlights, it seems the Newcastle goalkeeper had a dream debut the sitter missed by Sanchez proves he was bought while bang out of form.  Jose interview afterwards didn't seem to care too much about the defeat was more focused on praising Newcastle for fighting so hard for their win something he will need from his own players in the champions league if they are to progress to the Quarter final.

United had plenty of chances and did fight, they should have won the game but didnt, I will blame Mourinho for plenty but not that.

Liverpool pushing for second now, it will be an interesting race the top four this year with the top spot already all but claimed.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Losing to Tottenham,Chelsea and Manchester City away from home can happen and not much to be said about it when a top 4 team beats another top 4 team but losing to Huddersfield and Newcastle as Manchester United have done this season is unacceptable.

As the old saying goes hard work can beat talent when talent doesn't work hard.

TabClear

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 12, 2018, 04:48:21 PM
Losing to Tottenham,Chelsea and Manchester City away from home can happen and not much to be said about it when a top 4 team beats another top 4 team but losing to Huddersfield and Newcastle as Manchester United have done this season is unacceptable.

As the old saying goes hard work can beat talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Dont be getting ahead of yourself now  ;) ;) 3 into 4 isnt going to go

Cunny Funt

VAR looking a bit dodgy again, Mata looked onside. United not playing well and didn't deserve a 2 goal lead anyway.

Cunny Funt

One of those vintage break away goals for United 2-0 now.

magpie seanie

Not great but at least the team looked solid and compact and counter attacked smartly. 3 central midfielders instead of the usual 1. Lukaku took his chances well. Always feel United are a better side when Carrick plays. To be fair to Smalling he was good tonight. Decent QF draw.

magpie seanie

Very quiet here. It seems Jose's exit strategy is in full swing. Major row with Pogba and Jones after the Newcastle game it is alleged. Lose dressing room, get sacked (nice extension, thanks) and off to Paris to that shit show.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 18, 2018, 07:42:48 PM
Very quiet here. It seems Jose's exit strategy is in full swing. Major row with Pogba and Jones after the Newcastle game it is alleged. Lose dressing room, get sacked (nice extension, thanks) and off to Paris to that shit show.

Jose say this??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea