Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

In fairness lads I think a lot of you are very harsh on seanie.  Having known him for the last, what 10 years or more through the board, he is far from a fair weather supporter.  He is expressing a heart felt worry, which he has had from the minute that Mourinho was appointed and he has stuck with that.  He clearly supports the club but not the manager.  I have been there with Liverpool during the Hodgson reign (*shudders!!!) so i can see his point of view. 

However,  i think that Jose should be given more time and at least £250m to rebuild this team,  he hasn't been properly backed and must keep the rebuilding going  ;)

nrico2006

I have my doubts over some players, but then again you wonder if a more positive manager came in would the like of Martial, Sanchez, Rashford, Lukaku and even the fringe players like Pereira etc could be really good but them not being selected is probably no reflection of what they show in training.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 28, 2018, 10:48:01 AM
In fairness lads I think a lot of you are very harsh on seanie.  Having known him for the last, what 10 years or more through the board, he is far from a fair weather supporter.  He is expressing a heart felt worry, which he has had from the minute that Mourinho was appointed and he has stuck with that.  He clearly supports the club but not the manager.  I have been there with Liverpool during the Hodgson reign (*shudders!!!) so i can see his point of view. 

However,  i think that Jose should be given more time and at least £250m to rebuild this team,  he hasn't been properly backed and must keep the rebuilding going  ;)

Works both ways bc1 seanie can give as good as he gets, I don't remember you being as blinkered or as aggressive in your  stance on Hodgson

Maroon Manc

There's loads of reds like Seanie who've had enough and have never liked Mourinho. I'd have no issue with that stance and can see why they think like that especially when you factors in the poor style of football we've had to put up with for 5 years.

The club is a shambles though and there's no guarantee we won't be back to square one in 2 years time if Mourinho was sacked today.

Milltown Row2

You've left out Souness and Evans  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2018, 11:40:48 AM

Souness was a disaster, Evans not so much as he was more out of his depth and with Houllier they did alright in due course.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2018, 11:40:48 AM

Both were/are dyed in the wool Liverpool. It just didn't work out for them.
Hodgson was different. A complete embarrassment who had zero respect for the club or supporters. Some of the stuff he came out with in press conferences.......jesus christ!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2018, 09:44:46 AM
Here you go Seanie, take those red tinted glasses off; Fergie was no angel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0103jCmrjAA

Of course Fergie was no angel but do you think that (above) is in any way remotely linked to what we witnessed last night, and have witnessed from Mourinho in his time at United? Fergie was clearly trying to motivate his players and keep them hungry as he successfully did throughout his entire career. What is Mourinho's motivation? All about him.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2018, 11:23:48 AM
There's loads of reds like Seanie who've had enough and have never liked Mourinho. I'd have no issue with that stance and can see why they think like that especially when you factors in the poor style of football we've had to put up with for 5 years.

The club is a shambles though and there's no guarantee we won't be back to square one in 2 years time if Mourinho was sacked today.

Absolutely agree. And the Director of Football point is also essential....need to get any football decision making out of Woodward's hands.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on November 28, 2018, 11:07:43 AM

Works both ways bc1 seanie can give as good as he gets, I don't remember you being as blinkered or as aggressive in your  stance on Hodgson

The reason I'm so vociferous is that in my view this was ALWAYS going to be the outcome with Mourinho. In fact I've been pretty accurate is how I predicted things would happen. I said the game had passed him by and got ridiculed for it here in the first month he was in the job. Last night Didi Hamann stated the same. Maybe in my blinkered lashing out I just got lucky.

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is with me stating my views on the team manager of the club I've supported since 1983. Why don't you make the case for keeping him rather than being obsessed with me?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 28, 2018, 02:09:02 PM

Of course Fergie was no angel but do you think that (above) is in any way remotely linked to what we witnessed last night, and have witnessed from Mourinho in his time at United? Fergie was clearly trying to motivate his players and keep them hungry as he successfully did throughout his entire career. What is Mourinho's motivation? All about him.

There's a video doing the rounds on twitter today with Fergie doing exactly what Mourinho did last night to a Ronaldo miss.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2018, 02:58:25 PM

There's a video doing the rounds on twitter today with Fergie doing exactly what Mourinho did last night to a Ronaldo miss.

Had he singled him out for criticism regularly and in particular before the match made an issue of his selection? I doubt it. Ferguson was brilliant with young players and especially Ronaldo. Mourinho is the polar opposite.

Boycey

I'm supporting them since the mid 70s Seanie so I'm a better supporter than you  ;D

I'm not obsessed Seanie just don't like the way you make your point, it's unnecessary and ott, I mentioned it to you before and I've seen a couple of others try too. Disliking Mourinho and thinking he's shite are fine by me, the world is built on opinions but a formerly enjoyable thread has become torturous it's like groundhog day. Even a night like last night where Utd qualified for the next stage of Champions League is treated as a failure.

I've made my case on Mourinho loads of times you must have seen it? But if you haven't the last paragraph of Maroons post this morning would be a good enough summary

thebigfella

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2018, 02:58:25 PM

I'd say there are plenty of him doing the same with Nani

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on November 28, 2018, 03:23:18 PM
I'm supporting them since the mid 70s Seanie so I'm a better supporter than you  ;D

I'm not obsessed Seanie just don't like the way you make your point, it's unnecessary and ott, I mentioned it to you before and I've seen a couple of others try too. Disliking Mourinho and thinking he's shite are fine by me, the world is built on opinions but a formerly enjoyable thread has become torturous it's like groundhog day. Even a night like last night where Utd qualified for the next stage of Champions League is treated as a failure.

I've made my case on Mourinho loads of times you must have seen it? But if you haven't the last paragraph of Maroons post this morning would be a good enough summary

So that's your case? Somebody else might be just as bad?  ::)

I think it's necessary if there are still people who think sacking him isn't the right thing to do. And the person who's ott in all of this is the manager with his self centred idiotic carry on. Again - some don't see that (which I find incredible) so I'm highlighting it.

I'd suggest something that might make this thread fun and enjoyable again is United winning matches and playing attackingly like they're supposed to. Seems a nig journey. But the journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step....and we all know what that step is.