The Topical but morally wrong joke thread......

Started by An Fear Rua, June 01, 2007, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on June 01, 2007, 01:21:15 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 01, 2007, 01:20:30 PM
Did you call me a "****"?

Is that to me?  No I didnt.

so why do you infer comments relating to it as an attack on you then?

unless of course you found "Topical but Morally wrong is the title of this thread, its hardly likely to be valid if posted at the wrong time is it." particularly viscious
Its Grim up North

Syd

Quote from: illdecide on June 01, 2007, 01:25:45 PM
Lads, seriously ask yourselves. You's sick c***ts prob do not have kids of your own or you wouldn't be coming out with that shit >:( >:(
Them parents would do and try anything to get that we angel back. And what are you slabbering about why did we open the thread? "we certainly wern't expecting this topic, i love a good joke and a bit of fun like the rest of ya. but thats just not funny "its sick"

Do you think going on a world tour is tasteful? I think the original joke was alluding to how the media have used and abused the story for their own ends. People are becoming increasingly indifferent to the parents because of the treatment they are being afforded, there was an English woman whose son went missing while on holiday a few years back (never found) she had to sell the childs toys to be able to afford to get back home.

mannix

I doubt her parents are seeking fame from this.
A death is one thing but what they have is totally different.I imagine they will keep going to the end of the media limits and I would not blame them.The joke is not nice and thats my say, the rest of you can say what you like.
Back to work for me.

ONeill

I've always struggled with the 'sick' joke thing. It's hard to know where the boundary is and I suppose everyone's tolerance is different. I've never really found any joke repulsive though, as long as it wasn't vindictive. If i'm killed by lightening I'd love the PP to say on the altar that I was a bright spark.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Fear Rua

Gerrys iPod - the Track Listing

Ill start with anything by "Bomb the Bass"

Its Grim up North

aontroim abu

Right lads, enoughs enough. lock this tread please, delete it , but it in the bin where it belongs

wesaysanchez

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 01, 2007, 12:40:08 PM
or is it a bit much?
everyone does it, few admit it.

just say the word and i'll bin it.

this is a f**king scam. if you click on the link nothing haopppens it probably takes your IP address and sents you email. whats a ps3 anyways? what it the origonal site www address so i can accesss it or learn how to f**king link something!!!!!!

cavan4ever

I called you a ** Edited .  even though i know it wasn't you that made the image but if you have kids of your own and something happpend one of them and a joke was made out of it i doubt if you would be impressed with it.  

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 01, 2007, 01:28:50 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on June 01, 2007, 01:21:15 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 01, 2007, 01:20:30 PM
Did you call me a "Sick f**k"?

Is that to me?  No I didnt.

so why do you infer comments relating to it as an attack on you then?

unless of course you found "Topical but Morally wrong is the title of this thread, its hardly likely to be valid if posted at the wrong time is it." particularly viscious

I thought you meant the above quote in an attacking sort of way, especially with the "is it" at the end as if to say I'm stupid and didnt notice.  Which I did, but was pointing out that on a board like this alot of the posters wouldnt take well to such jokes about something thats currently going on.

rosnarun

this is a scam didnt vergin branson and co offer over 2 million reward and now some ** is trying to get somone else to find her for the price of a PS3 and doesnt even say if a second controller is included in the prize
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ziggysego

I've seen worse, but it's still extremely bad taste.
Testing Accessibility

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: illdecide on June 01, 2007, 01:25:45 PM
Lads, seriously ask yourselves. You's sick c***ts prob do not have kids of your own or you wouldn't be coming out with that shit >:( >:(
Them parents would do and try anything to get that we angel back. And what are you slabbering about why did we open the thread? "we certainly wern't expecting this topic, i love a good joke and a bit of fun like the rest of ya. but thats just not funny "its sick"

Well if the parents were so concerned in the first place about their kids welfare,they wouldnt have left their kids unsupervised. If they were two scumbags from south London would they be touring Europe in a private jet with a 3 mllion pound reward. I dont think so.To be honest thats what is sick about this whole story.

Mack the finger

The comedian Carol Burnett once said Comedy is tragedy + time.

Billy Connolly ceratinly found this out when he made a joke about Ken Bigley when he was still being held hostage.

Certainly not enough time passed in this instance, but even if there was I don't think it would be possible to find a child abduction joke funny.

Though with the use of the internet, it seems comedy is tragedy plus a minute.

magpie seanie

I find the comments on this thread about the parents pretty disgusting.

AFR - why won't you take the picture down? You said in your initial post you would if people thought you should.

Gaaboardmod3

Hi All,

Due to the complaints from several people, I have agreed with AFR that this thread will be closed, and the picture taken down. However, he has a valid poll running, and if the majority are happy, then there will be a thread for 'Tastless Jokes', but it will be clearly marked as potentially offensive.

We will keep an eye on the thread to make sure it does not break rules regarding libel/personal insults/racism etc etc, that would leave this board open to legal problems, but as long as it proceeds in a mostly humerous vein, it will be allowed, assuming of course it wins the vote.

If we feel the thread contains unacceptable posts, it will be closed down.

I hope this is an acceptable compromise, as the area of 'taste' is very subjective and hard to legislate for.

Regards
Mod 3