Reaching For Glory

Started by An Gaeilgoir, May 28, 2007, 10:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Just watched the documentary on the 2007, 6 nations rugby champoinship. It followed the irish team for the championship.The passion in the team is unreal and the physical side of the game is something else. Impressive t.v. Our soccer team have a lot to live up to i think...

ziggysego

Ah frick! That was tonight?

I wanted to watch that. Will it be repeated again?
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Bottom Brick

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

tyroneboi

was fantastic i thought. Pity it wasnt a little bit longer and maybe show some of their training camp pre-6 nations which would have been good to see. But overall brilliant tv altogether. After watching that it shows how much Brian O'Driscoll and Paul O'Connell mean to this Ireland team!!

ONeill

Didn't realise they cursed that much. After it I told the wife to make me a cup of f**king tea and make it f**king snappy for f**k sake. Goes to show how the TV can affect you.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kerry Mike

Jaysus some of those lads were fair battered and bruised when they came of the field after those games, seeing some of the Kerry Golden years team with replaced hips and crocked knees and shoulders, you can only imagine the long term damage these rugby players are doing to themselves. 

It was a great program and good to see some of the training and behind the scenes stuff from the dressing rooms, seeing how the they get up for a game.

I would not like to get on the wrong side of Paul O'Connell. A savage of a man.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magpie seanie

Feck it anyway I forgot clean about that programme. Damn it anyway.

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on May 29, 2007, 07:02:55 AM
Didn't realise they cursed that much. After it I told the wife to make me a cup of f**king tea and make it f**king snappy for f**k sake. Goes to show how the TV can affect you.

O'Neill, did you stare at her? Did you put the fear of God into her?

Rossie11

Was excellent.
As was Gift grub this morn, a day in life of Paul O Connell..   :D

AZOffaly

I didn't think it was great to be honest. Sorry to buck the trend :D Was milk and watery, and didn't give us much insight other than the usual 'F*ck this and F*ck that' sort of thing in the dressing room, which is hardly unexpected.

O'Connell seems like Ciaran McManus in a dressing room, whereas it seemed to me as if Eddie O'Sullivan's swearing was a bit contrived, a bit like the squeaky clean kid in school who never curses, but wants to look cool so squeezes out a 'f**k off' when he thinks it's expected of him :D

I also thought the scene where they were acting the eejit with the kit man were very contrived. Ho Ho Ho, aren't we gas putting boot polish on his head, and he just standing there taking it.

I would have liked to have seen more about the interaction between the players, more of the training camps, and maybe more of the dressing room, but not just the shouting and roaring. It was the Paidi O'Se in 'marooned' template I thought. 'See how much they care, count the curses'.

I did like the chat between Leamy, O'Callaghan and O'Driscoll, again contrived as it was. I liked Eddie doing the Morning Ireland interview from bed, but again, totally contrived. Are we supposed to believe that the camera crew was sitting in his room taping him as he slept and then coincidentaly the phone rang and woke him up for the interview?

I did like the shots of all the players looking at the footage of the late French try. Their regret seemed very genuine. To be honest that montage seemed to be the only unscripted part of the program, apart from the dressing room roaring and the games themselves.

I bet that was heavily edited and censored by the IRFU, and I thought the Dublin and Westmeath ones were better television to be honest.

Jaysus I'm grumpy today

stephenite

Is the title not a bit misleading - "Reaching for Glory" sounds like something a team that actually won something might release, not almost won. Or maybe that's just my interpretation.

Hardy

Well put AZ. I agree completely - exactly as I saw it.

AZOffaly

Ah no, I'd interpret it as 'Trying to Win' which they were. (Notwithstanding the Triple Crown). I suppose they still are 'Reaching for Glory' in that the World Cup is on in a few months.

Very interesting the way they dealt with winning the TC, and a good sign I thought. They are aiming higher than a makey up trophy.

stephenite

Fair enough, I didn't even see it in fairness