Favoured Coalition Partnership

Started by belleaqua, May 26, 2007, 04:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What coalition partnership would you like to see formed following the Election?

FF/Labour
2 (8.3%)
FF/Greens
6 (25%)
FF/PD/Independent
11 (45.8%)
FG/Labour/Green/PD/Independents
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

belleaqua

Now that its inevitable that Fianna Fail will lead the next government who would you LIKE see form the next government?

Dont think theres any point in offering any other alternatives if we are realistic

magpie seanie

I go for what it will be - FF/PD & Independents.

Greens are looneys who want to stop building roads and one off houses. That won't fly. Labour's price would be too high in terms of Ministries and head wrecking.

We should also throw in an addition class for Inda. He really struggles with his figures doesn't he?

AZOffaly

I suppose it's good in a way that he is so committed (Enda) in trying to form the next government, and seeing through his 'Alliance for Change', but he's beginning to look faintly silly now.

His Coalition of Fine Gael/Labour/Greens/PDs/Independents would last as long as it took me to write this sentence.

I agree with whomever said above that if Enda can just keep Labour and the Labour lads mad to be in power, out of coalition, then he would have a great platform for the next election..

lynchbhoy

Agree with you seanie.
However ( I cant believe I am standing up for Inda) but poor old kenny , under the spotlights in RTE, was rushed into an answer while thinking on his feet, and uttered an incorrect figure. He was too inexperienced and afraid to correct himself and ahearn pushed on with turning the conversation back each time to highlight this mistake - making poor enda look even worse.

magpie seanie

Well he's had plenty of time to add up the numbers of seats and is still getting it wrong. He's looking silly at the moment.

AZOffaly

The best coalition would be Fianna Fail and Fine Gael :D There's feck all difference in their policies, and they are both preferrable , economically, to any of the Centre Left/ Left parties.

Of course the first chance to shaft each other would be taken and the government would fall in record time.

blast05

QuoteWe should also throw in an addition class for Inda. He really struggles with his figures doesn't he?

The post i made on another thread is also applicable here:

FFS, "the best politician in Ireland" Brian Cowen when on Primetime a week ago got his figures wrong about the cost of public-private beds, got his figures wrong about Ireland's carbon footprint and persisted in standing by the figures he knew to be wrong re how many people would benefit under the respective FF and FG tax proposals.

So can Cowen sit on those addition classes too Seanie ?

magpie seanie

Cowen got one figure wrong and has a history of getting a lot of them right (when you take into account the deliberate hedging on the cautious side). Enda is setting a trend the other way.

Louth Exile

I know it looks likely but hate the idea of FF/PD/Indos. This would guarantee that bloody co-location and after the electorate disassembling the PD's what right do they have to get back into power. It would be great for Tip North, Dublin Central and Dublin North central (well face it BEV CF is going to be declared bankrupt and they can rely on JKR without giving him anything)

FF aren't going to give up enough ministerial cars to bring FF/Lab into the picture. I also think it would be a disasterous move for Labour, they would end up losing seats in five years time as a result.

I would favour FF/GP but the single largest issue that will prevent this is the Greens seeking to ban corporate donations and clean up politics. FF will never close the tent at the Galway races. Nobody is going to tell spliffo how to clean up his act!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

resdubwhite

Has anyone else heard that Bev is to go to court soon for a bankruptcy order.

This could have some effect on the setup of the new government...

blast05

QuoteCowen got one figure wrong and has a history of getting a lot of them right (when you take into account the deliberate hedging on the cautious side).

I listed 3 examples on 1 edition of Primetime. Saying he got one figure wrong is wrong.
In all the FF confusion about the cost of the public-private beds, they have the lost the right to have a go at Kenny for getting figures wrong during the leaders debate.
As for "deliberate hedging on the cautious side"  .... it is this cautious approach that has brainwashed people into thinking that FF are doing a good job on the economy. When they announce yet another exchequer surplus its "oh look, we've done such a good job managing the economy that we've a pile of extra money left over and were going to giev it all back to you" and yet people buy it time after time. If the economy was well managed then all the new jobs which have been added over the last 5 years would not have been restricted to the contruction sector and the public sector. Knowledge based economy my arse

blast05

For the record, Bevs husband is worth over 10 million ... whether that makes a difference or not.

amallon

What is Berties problem with Sinn Fein?  If they are fit for government in the North why not the south?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

resdubwhite

Quote from: blast05 on May 28, 2007, 11:13:19 AM
For the record, Bevs husband is worth over 10 million ... whether that makes a difference or not.
ex husband.

intoDwest

Blast05, Bev is not married, I assume its her partner you are on about TJG?? There is not a hope in hell of her being declared bankrupt.