cheap multi region DVD players - ideas?

Started by lynchbhoy, May 15, 2007, 09:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

anyone reccommend where I should go to buy a cheap multi region DVD player.
Doesnt need to be home theatre etc
just be decent quality, has good picture and will not break inside 6 months.
Prefer a brand name, but am open to suggestion/reccomendations

Dublin area preferably. Maybe an Online shop - again if you can reccomend it personally.

thanks

Donagh

I got one from Lidle a few weeks ago for £30. It's multiregional and also plays avi, Xvid, DivX, jpeg, mp3's and has slots for USB and media cards. The advantage here is you can play downloaded movies from the Internet directly from an external disc without having to convert to VOBs (DVD formatting), or pile a load of them onto one DVD to watch. Hook it up to yer stereo and you can have your whole record collection on one disc.

Bogball XV

yeah, those lidl ones were great value, and pretty high spec - the cheapest you can get are probably in Curry's where they're less than €30, got the mother one about 3/4 years ago (when it was higher priced, but the same model is still available), basic, but does the job - Matsui was the make I think - the lidl one's are better, but you don't know when they'll be in stock.

Fionntamhnach

I would agree that if you do look for one, try to find one that'll play DivX & XviD files. Dead handy.

It might be worth having a look here... http://svp.co.uk/products-list.php?bid=0&cid=83

Bensars

99% of dvds are multiregional anyway. Its just they are chipped to play in the region where they are sold.

Its highly likely that the dvd you have is multiregional already. All you will need is the code to unlock it.

I have two at home whereby i did just that. You can get the codes easily over the internet usually to access a secret menu whereby you can disable your region and enable multi regional.

Will try to find the link for ye

lynchbhoy

neutral

Why do you need mutiregional dvd players.  Do you take your DVD player on hols with you?  Some craic.

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: neutral on May 15, 2007, 01:42:02 PM
Why do you need mutiregional dvd players.  Do you take your DVD player on hols with you?  Some craic.
Imported DVDs maybe?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 15, 2007, 01:46:03 PM
Quote from: neutral on May 15, 2007, 01:42:02 PM
Imported DVDs maybe?
:)

neutral

"Imported" DVDs ahem, oh yes the "imported" ones - i seen one of them once, very very european alright.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: neutral on May 15, 2007, 01:51:06 PM
"Imported" DVDs ahem, oh yes the "imported" ones - i seen one of them once, very very european alright.
??? ???
did you miss your medication slot this afternoon?

pintsofguinness

QuoteWhy do you need mutiregional dvd players.  Do you take your DVD player on hols with you?  Some craic.
There are several dvds released in the US that have never been released here, any TV series is usually out in the US months before it comes out here (if it does at all), films are the same.

Lynch I'd go with amazon, I got a great one on it last year some time, cyberhome ch dvd 400, I think it was about 20 quid. 
I dont' think they have it now but I was actually looking at that one from amazon Mac has put up last night.  Looks good.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?