Sanchez Quits

Started by Kerry Mike, May 11, 2007, 02:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

All you NI fans must be too busy fighting on other threads to worry about your wee country now!
Lot of speculation about who's going to get the nod, though whoever it is will be announced on Friday
Big money for whoever it is, one million for a year apparently, any ideas?
Neil Warnock seems to think he's a candidate, though I've heard whisperings for Glenn Hoddle lately

AZOffaly

I thought I saw some mention of Dave Beasant? I think he was on Sanchez' backroom team.

ziggysego

I see on the BBC website, someone said that the Pope is in with a shout!  :D
Testing Accessibility

stew

Dave beasant would be a great hire for the six, I hope they dont get him though.

Dowie is the man for the job, either him or beefer morrison. :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ExiledGael

Maybe Big Ian and Wee Marty could add that to their portfolios

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Is Paul Le Guen not free at the minute?
Tbc....

stew

Wee marty is a follower not a leader, besides he like to catch flies with his mouth hanging open and is more into trying to get with that rubber doll at the games than he would be managing the team, he maybe watched ten minutes of the game i was at.

As for Big Ian, that hire couldnt hurt, it is not as if the half of the six that dont watch them are going to be any more interested in the team no matter who is the manager.

the only thing I know for sure is they wont be going to the Euros or the world cup in the next twenty or thirty years. ;D

Tonto

Quote from: stew on May 30, 2007, 11:24:19 PM
Wee marty is a follower not a leader, besides he like to catch flies with his mouth hanging open and is more into trying to get with that rubber doll at the games than he would be managing the team, he maybe watched ten minutes of the game i was at.

Er...Stew. *Whispers* I think he means Martin McGuinness. :-\

full back

Quote from: Tonto on May 31, 2007, 12:10:43 AM

:D :D
Oh fcuk sake stew :D

ExiledGael

After all their deliberations, the millions of revenue from Sky, the new exciting manager of Northern Ireland, with experience on the international stage is....

Nigel Worthington  :D

stew

Quote from: Tonto on May 31, 2007, 12:10:43 AM

Really, the fact that he referenced big ian in the same sentence never gave that away :-\ I knew who he was talking about but there is only one wee marty on this board and it aint Martin McGuinness even though he too is of diminuitive stature. ;D

Wee marty frenching that doll near made me sick, it's amazing the effect alcohol has on a person.

Syd

Nigel Worthington ??? Must get the pulses racing for Norn Iron fans  ;D

ExiledGael

They're conspicuos by their absence here!
I can see the headlines already
Nigel not Worthy!

Tonto

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 31, 2007, 09:21:41 PM
They're conspicuos by their absence here!
I can see the headlines already
Nigel not Worthy!
Why would people have an issue with it?

Not the man I would have chosen (Big Iain Dowie, btw), but a VERY Worthy candidate nonetheless.

He has more managerial experience at the highest level than Sanchez and actually took Norwich into the Premiership.  He has also represented us 66 times and, so, clearly has a passion for his country.

We'll give him a chance, if you don't mind.

ExiledGael

Do what you want big man, but I think the fans, and the media will be very sceptical of this choice!
Wee grimy Beacom from the Tele will be on his case