Paul Kimmage

Started by imtommygunn, September 30, 2017, 10:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I see kimmage has moved onto the gaa and seems to have the dubs as his latest crusade. Anyone listen to him and luke fitzgerald?

The guy at this stage just seems very demonised. His criticism of dubs seems to be cynicism in the closing stages of ai final more than anythiing. ( gaelic football is just a reasonably cynical game and while i would prefer to see dublin beat i don't see them as any more cynical than anyone else).

Has he went as far as to mention drugs?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2017, 10:59:59 AM
I see kimmage has moved onto the gaa and seems to have the dubs as his latest crusade. Anyone listen to him and luke fitzgerald?

The guy at this stage just seems very demonised. His criticism of dubs seems to be cynicism in the closing stages of ai final more than anythiing. ( gaelic football is just a reasonably cynical game and while i would prefer to see dublin beat i don't see them as any more cynical than anyone else).

Crusade is the right word for him!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

The last 2 minutes were a disgrace imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48KbVIFEFnU
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gallsman

He made a complete twat of Fitzgerald. Fitz was way out of his depth and knew it.

Everything Kimmage said in that debate was logical and backed up. You don't have to agree with his opinion but Fitzgerald came across as a complete knob and tried to play the man on umpteen occasions. He was also stupid enough to claim that "if a doctor tells you to do it, it's not cheating"

imtommygunn

Quote from: gallsman on September 30, 2017, 12:18:56 PM
He made a complete twat of Fitzgerald. Fitz was way out of his depth and knew it.

Everything Kimmage said in that debate was logical and backed up. You don't have to agree with his opinion but Fitzgerald came across as a complete knob and tried to play the man on umpteen occasions. He was also stupid enough to claim that "if a doctor tells you to do it, it's not cheating"

Lol. Cough, bloodgate, cough.

Kimmage really seems to not like gavin at all.

gallsman

Taking painkillers to enable you to play when you otherwise couldn't isn't "performance enhancing" according to Fitzgerald either.

He thought he was a real lad mocking Kimmage for turning up with material and having done some research. Threw in lots of dismissive "we haven't got all day Paul" type comments as well. Was shown up badly by the real journalist in the room

JimStynes

I love Kimmage's Q&A articles and is a very good journalist but he is a dick. Seems to always have a chip on his shoulder. 

Itchy

Quote from: gallsman on September 30, 2017, 12:36:03 PM
Taking painkillers to enable you to play when you otherwise couldn't isn't "performance enhancing" according to Fitzgerald either.

He thought he was a real lad mocking Kimmage for turning up with material and having done some research. Threw in lots of dismissive "we haven't got all day Paul" type comments as well. Was shown up badly by the real journalist in the room

It's not performance enhancing its just short sighted, reckless and stupid

gallsman

So if you're physically unable to perform, then take something that allows you perform, that's not performance enhancing? Honestly?

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on September 30, 2017, 12:06:48 PM

Yeah. How can the allstar goalkeeper miss a free man to his left and kick it over the sideline? A disgrace alright.

magpie seanie

Fitzgerald ripped Kimmage a new one if you asked me. I'm glad to see it. Calling the Dublin players cheats is wrong. Mayo (Lee Keegan) did the exact same stuff previously. It's cynical but it happens and the ref dealt with it. Just because it happened against poor Mayo that everyone seemed to want to win makes no difference. Dbulin are a brilliant team and I think (while they probably don't give a f**k) the coverage since the game has been unfair and unbalanced.

Chime knowingly cheated himself. It's a very emotive word and he shouldn't be using it in this case or with any amateur players. Unfortunately when you get inter county players grants/additional expenses/pay and you're into drug testing you're aslant analysis by the like of Kimmage who only seems to see the bad in everything. Or even if it's not there.

Tony Baloney

Amateur players can't cheat. What a load of bollocks.

seafoid

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2017, 03:02:30 PM

Yeah. How can the allstar goalkeeper miss a free man to his left and kick it over the sideline? A disgrace alright.
Playing keep the ball in an AIF is cowardly.
What were the Dubs afraid of?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on September 30, 2017, 03:46:03 PM

Cowardly,disgrace are you serious?

longballin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 30, 2017, 03:59:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 30, 2017, 03:46:03 PM

Cowardly,disgrace are you serious?

Playing keep ball is totally sensible and within the rules, the cynical stuff ain't. You dont attack and risk getting turned over. What you have you hold at that stage.