Started by Syferus, January 28, 2013, 01:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Hardy on March 31, 2013, 12:43:41 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 31, 2013, 10:10:12 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 29, 2013, 11:31:40 PM
My first try in weeks, much better camera but just a standard kit lens

Please be as brutal as possible

That shot reminds of The Hobbit. Cool photo!

I don't know much about photography but there seems to be amazing depth of field in that pic - if that's what you call it when the foreground and middle ground both seem to be in focus. How is that done?
You have to have a small aperture by setting the f/stop to a high number like f/22
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

David McKeown

Quote from: laoislad on March 31, 2013, 01:15:03 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 31, 2013, 12:43:41 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 31, 2013, 10:10:12 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 29, 2013, 11:31:40 PM
My first try in weeks, much better camera but just a standard kit lens

Please be as brutal as possible

That shot reminds of The Hobbit. Cool photo!

I don't know much about photography but there seems to be amazing depth of field in that pic - if that's what you call it when the foreground and middle ground both seem to be in focus. How is that done?
You have to have a small aperture by setting the f/stop to a high number like f/22

Usually I would use f/22 but this was f/10 as an experiment as much as anything else
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Hardy

NAG1

Guys have been looking in this thread for a while, have an interest in photography and am using a basic enough kodak camera, was looking to upgrade to a proper DSLR camera, doesnt need to be top of the range or anything even second hand doesnt bother me to I figure out what iIam doing with it properly.

So any advice on a start up camera/ kit? cheers

Fluffy Che

You could start with a bridge camera, to take you across so to speak! I started with a Fugifilm Finepix S1800. cracking wee camera that I still use on occasion, got a great zoom on it. Takes superb shots, crisp and sharp. Then I jumped on the wagon and got a Canon Rebel/1000D. basically entry level DSLR and the quality of the photographs jumped considerably. Have won the odd comp. with that one! But there's loads of choice out there, which can be part of the problem!!
Start off small, see if you fancy it..  then Sky's the limit. or your pocket more like.

Fugi was around £130 and Canon was £340. Good luck
Midnight to Six..

Armaghgeddon

I agree with Fluffy Che. If you have no experience of a SLR camera then don't bother wasting the money on the camera and lenses, go for a bridge camera first and learn about the manual settings with that. You can still take some amazing pictures with a bridge camera that won't cost you £100's. I have got a Sony HX100V super zoom camera and it still does a very good job. The only reason I would want to go for an SLR would be for Astrophotography.

Fluffy Che

Midnight to Six..

Fluffy Che

Taken with DSLR...Canon 1000d.

Sorry about sizes...  have'nt cracked it yet.
Midnight to Six..

Armaghgeddon

Just thought I would have a go at pics of jupiter to see if I could get it's colour. Couldn't but got an ok pic as usual. This time with the Galilean moons in line.

free picture hosting

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Fluffy Che

Cheers skull...  was trying to show the difference between the two cameras, maybe not a lot depending on the viewer, different scenes may present better on different formats. All down to individual choice I suppose.
I think these two have lost a little clarity on their travels...
Midnight to Six..

Syferus

Top class stuff Che, you've got a real eye for framing scenes.

NAG1

Quote from: Fluffy Che on April 04, 2013, 11:34:52 AM
Cheers skull...  was trying to show the difference between the two cameras, maybe not a lot depending on the viewer, different scenes may present better on different formats. All down to individual choice I suppose.
I think these two have lost a little clarity on their travels...

Just a bit more info, I am currently using a Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Digital Camera, is this what you would term a bridging camera?

I think its a great camera, but can be slow to react at times and doesnt offer the greatest variety in terms of manual settings etc.

brokencrossbar1

The evolution of this board reflects the slow emasculation of men that has been happening for the last 30 years, I recall threads about cooking, man bangs and now a love in about photography, no wonder the Arabs see us as fair game for picking off!  Oh for the days of pints of stout, 2am fry ups and a good auld session of dog kicking before bating/being bate by the wife! :P

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 05, 2013, 11:01:12 AM
The evolutions of this board reflects the slow emasculation of men that has been happening for the last 30 years, I recall threads about cooking, man bangs and now a love in about photography, no wonder the Arabs see us as fair game for picking off!  Oh for the days of pints of stout, 2am fry ups and a good auld session of dog kicking before bating/being bate by the wife! :P

I tried to take pictures of Cross people but they had no reflection. I guess I was lucky I had some garlic bread on the way to the match.