Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cde

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 15, 2010, 04:39:25 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2010, 03:23:56 PM
Good thread alrite tho I remember a case here recently of a driver before the court for flashing his lights to warn motorists there was a road block ahead  :o

Urban myth

My brother was pulled over by the cops for the same thing so it is true enough, called it obstruction of justice or something like that

Cde

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 15, 2010, 03:48:24 PM
My friend was flashed at last night too by a very nice fellow driver, but as soon as he got round the corner the hoors were already there. 
My friends big problem will be if they turn up at his house.  Is there some spoofing you can do about not being a full time resident of the property if you still have an address in the north?

They can check you tax records (they can do this at the side of the road while you wait) and this will tell them where you live and work.

If you are stopped at the side of the road you can sometimes bluff them if you have a northern licence and a northern accent, they will not check the details.

If they turn up at your house they generally have been told where to go and at that stage you are f**ked

Hardy

What - are you lads supporting organised crime by using illegal fuel?

Cde

you are thinking of washed diesel Hardy (which by the way is not generally detected by road blocks)

the proceeds of green and red diesel does not benefit organised crime

Hardy

gerry

Used to do serious miles travelling to work and would have filled the car with either green or red for about 3 years and thankfully never got stopped. Wouldn't dream of it now though.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

DuffleKing

Quote from: Cde on April 15, 2010, 04:48:17 PM
Good thread alrite tho I remember a case here recently of a driver before the court for flashing his lights to warn motorists there was a road block ahead  :o

Urban myth

My brother was pulled over by the cops for the same thing so it is true enough, called it obstruction of justice or something like that

Na, they can pull you over and give you a hard time but it's highly highly unlikely they can make a prosecution stick. FFS sake u could be flashing your lights for any number of reasons and they can't prove otherwise.

Ahem... i have a mate in the RUC.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 15, 2010, 06:56:02 PM

Urban myth

Na, they can pull you over and give you a hard time but it's highly highly unlikely they can make a prosecution stick. FFS sake u could be flashing your lights for any number of reasons and they can't prove otherwise.

My uncle was pulled over for it a few years back. I was sure he got points. He told the peeler the driver of the other car was his mate. They asked for the mates name and address to verify the story. This is where it all fell apart...

Puckoon

Sounds like bullshit to me. How can they prove you were flashing your lights to warn someone of impending police activity - and not just because you're an eejit. Maybe they can give you a driving citation - but otherwise it'd be a bit like a cop just arresting someone who was looking in the window of a shop because they thought they were going to rob it.

Could not stick I imagine.

sammymaguire

the roads round the border areas on a damp morning are every colour of the rainbow with the spilt oil lying all over the place

wild dangerous as it tends to be worse on the sharper bends  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Cde

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 15, 2010, 06:56:02 PM

Urban myth

problem is , with the RUC, they dont have to prove you are guilty, you have to prove you are innocent ;-)

saffron sam2

I heard a story once about a boy from Maghera who was done for something similar to the flashing lights story.

He was out walking along the road and passed a speed trap. As soon as he was out of sight he starting flagging away like fcuk and behaving like an amadan. Peelers heard him and lifted him. He got a fine. I'll get his name tomorrow.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

orangeman

There as a programme on radio Ulster, Talkback I think it as and there were people who rang in to say they had been fined for flashing lights going away fom speed traps.

It seems it's tre enough.

J70

I would share the skepticism about how they can prove you were trying to warn someone, but I have no sympathy for those who, assuming its true, get caught doing so. I certainly wouldn't warn anyone. If you don't want to get caught speeding or using farm diesel or whatever, then don't f**king speed or put farm diesel in your car! The rules are the same for all of us.

maximus

That's a bit harsh does no harm to help others out in these difficult economic times! I'm sure many on here have been helped by someone flashing the lights