Luas network

Started by BennyCake, December 21, 2017, 01:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

So what's the deal with the new Luas cross city?

And more importantly, how close will the new line take you to Croke Park?

Owenmoresider

Parnell Square or Marlborough Street is as close as it'll bring you.

Goes out as far as Broombridge (Cabra) now, seems to be causing a lot of traffic problems in the city centre and the extended trams haven't arrived yet so the trams are often full at peak times.

T Fearon

Used it on Tuesday.Off at Middle Abbey St from Connolly,one hundred yards walk to Marlborough St stop and onto another Luas straight to Dundrum Shopping Centre.Closest to Croke Park is Parnell Square or Phibsboro

Owenmoresider

Quote from: T Fearon on December 21, 2017, 02:54:17 PM
Used it on Tuesday.Off at Middle Abbey St from Connolly,one hundred yards walk to Marlborough St stop and onto another Luas straight to Dundrum Shopping Centre.Closest to Croke Park is Parnell Square or Phibsboro
Forgot about Phibsboro actually, yeah. Stop is fairly close to Dalymount.

BennyCake

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 21, 2017, 02:38:48 PM

Goes out as far as Broombridge (Cabra) now, seems to be causing a lot of traffic problems in the city centre and the extended trams haven't arrived yet so the trams are often full at peak times.

Does it stop near the M1/M50 northbound? Just thought it might be useful if parking off one of the northbound roads on matchdays, and getting the Luas in to near Croke Park. Might save a lot of hassle with parking and traffic if that was the case

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyCake on December 22, 2017, 04:57:28 PM

Does it stop near the M1/M50 northbound?
Don't think it goes within miles of it.
It ends where it meets the Dublin Sligo rail line which from memory  is a long way away from M1/M50.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Boycey

Does it stop near the M1/M50 northbound? Just thought it might be useful if parking off one of the northbound roads on matchdays, and getting the Luas in to near Croke Park. Might save a lot of hassle with parking and traffic if that was the case

Remind me during football season next year and I'll tell you how to park within 200 yards of Croker AND beat the traffic...

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on December 22, 2017, 05:51:32 PM

Does it stop near the M1/M50 northbound?
Don't think it goes within miles of it.
It ends where it meets the Dublin Sligo rail line which from memory  is a long way away from M1/M50.

Broombridge is only a couple of hundred metres in the n3 off the m50
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

gallsman

Park it the back of Meaghers or under the billboards just across from the garage at the Luke Kelly bridge. Up Philipsburgh Avenue, Grace Park road and you're at Whitehall in a jiffy. Works every time.

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 10:46:41 PM
Park on the back of Meaghers or under the billboards just across from the garage at the Like Kelly bridge. Up Philipsburgh Avenue, Grace Park road and you're at Whitehall in a jiffy. Works every time.

You lost me after 'park'  :o

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 10:46:41 PM
Park on the back of Meaghers or under the billboards just across from the garage at the Like Kelly bridge. Up Philipsburgh Avenue, Grace Park road and you're at Whitehall in a jiffy. Works every time.
Do you want to try that again gallsman!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Ha, a few typos. It's late and I'm on the phone. Fixed!

Boycey

I understood it galls :D Did it for years, we have it refined even further now.

Port Tunnel, turn right onto East Wall road and drive straight up til you meet Clonliffe Rd (can't go further anyway) turn left onto Ballybough Rd and left again into Spring Garden St and park. Leave the bottom end of Spring Garden Street back down East Wall into tunnel bobs ur uncle..

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on December 22, 2017, 11:12:03 PM
I understood it galls :D Did it for years, we have it refined even further now.

Port Tunnel, turn right onto East Wall road and drive straight up til you meet Clonliffe Rd (can't go further anyway) turn left onto Ballybough Rd and left again into Spring Garden St and park. Leave the bottom end of Spring Garden Street back down East Wall into tunnel bobs ur uncle..

Does this mean I don't have to remind you about parking advice next season?  ;)

Boycey

Ah sure I couldn't help myself when someone else started. Don't tell everyone or there'll be no room for me  ;). Dodgy as f**k street, right in the middle of Hutch territory wouldn't like to go down it at night..