The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Lads, ye may not agree with finbar's opinions but no need to be having a go at him personally. He's entitled to his opinion the same as everyone else.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

finbar o tool

That makes no sense whatsoever Tony but thanks for trying! And you're suggesting in immature?! Another one who should stick to the football!  :D
Cheers redsetanta!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on September 29, 2016, 11:17:52 AM
Lads, ye may not agree with finbar's opinions but no need to be having a go at him personally. He's entitled to his opinion the same as everyone else.
Personal? He just fired about a rumor that insulted all of Camross and Arien Delaney. All from behind his his anonymous username. Sorry but he's well able to throw it out so he should take it as well

Tony

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's a way of delivering your opinion that doesn't give everyone else a headache. Also getting very personal about delaney and camross which is out of line. He needs to calm down.

PS we're entitled to have an interest in both football and hurling, believe it or not.

Sounds like you need to calm down, relax and take a little break from the keyboard finbar.

Dave like the tv channel

Just be careful posting sh*te here lads. If it's damaging to a person's reputation, you could be looking down the barrel of a lawsuit. I don't think "I was being sarcastic" or "twas only a joke" will help you in court.

finbar o tool

:o jaysus lads im perfectly calm, yere the ones firing shots! Dont shoot the messenger, im only saying what 3 different Camross people told me! Relaying info that he wasnt liked, if thats "getting very personal" then apologies for that! Im not out to offend anyone, certainly not the whole of Camross!  :D i thought this was a forum discussing hurling and possible manager options for the senior team?! As far as i can see the likes of Don, Tony and Keyser are able leave digs and smart ass comments about my, and others, posts on here and now IM a keyboard warrior or something?! Get a f**king grip will ye!!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

LOVEGAA

Jeez just because someone cant name a replacement for Cheddar they shouldnt want him gone?
I would agree with some of Finbars points and no I dont have all the answers either.
If anyone here had all the answers I would expect they would be in the running for County Chairman!!

Cheddar cannot be faulted for his passion for Laois hurling and I would love to see him in some position in the County Board but I do feel that his time as manager is gone. Arien Delaney would not be a favourite of mine for the job either. (no, I dont have the answers)

Leave out the personal attacks and also the attacks on those who have a different opinion!

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: HURLING1 on September 29, 2016, 10:09:31 AM
You're  having a laugh Finnbar if you think Arien Delaney is not liked in Camross. Up there they don't play politics with their hurling and Arien always got the  best from their players and I can assure you he is well liked for that

Yeah but plenty of rivals are joined at underage, and camross would have taken lads off of kyle down through the years, they had no problem providing gilmartin an address when he left in 2013

HURLING1

But Ballyroan why would this be a reason you give as to why Arien is disliked in Camross

Ballyroan Abbey

From what i i know brian whelan was the first manager they had from outside the club and it didnt go down too well with some, there are probably people in camross who see him as an outsider still, to be fair theres a good chance im wrong

HURLING1

OK fair play to you Ballyroan, just think Laois could do a lot worse and have Cheddar in the picture as overall director of Laois hurling

redsetanta

Taken from the friends of Laois Hurling Facebook page.

An open letter from Cheddar:

"In stepping down from the role of Laois Senior hurling team manager I would like to take the opportunity to thank people who were very helpful along the journey.

To begin with I would like to express my gratitude to CLG Laois, and in particular to Chairman Gerry Kavanagh, for affording me the huge honour to manage my county team and for supporting the team. The privilege of leading a group of Laois hurling warriors on championship Sundays will not be surpassed wherever one goes.

I would like to express real gratitude to my fellow management colleagues over the past four years for the support and the dedication they have given to the team and to me personally.

I am also very grateful to the Laois hurling clubs for their support to our county players in their preparations for League and Championship games and I am really thankful to all of the underage coaches in each club who give unstinting and mostly unappreciated service to improving their players so that they are capable of stepping up to senior club and inter-county hurling.

Clubs also made their facilities available to us at different times and this was always done in the most positive and supportive way.

I would also like to pay tribute to all Laois hurling supporters who followed our team to some distant places and though results may not have went our way they patiently turned up again the next day to unconditionally support our players. The support given to the team at our games in O'Moore Park was extra special and memorable and meant an awful lot to the team and management.

I also appreciate the fair and balanced reporting of all of our games by all media outlets. In particular the respect shown to our players by our local newspapers and radio is sincerely acknowledged.

Lastly but most importantly I would particularly like to express my deep gratitude to all the Laois players who committed so earnestly to the Laois senior hurling team for the last four years. I greatly valued the support and respect shown to me and the other members of the management team and I will take very happy memories and lasting friendships from my time as manager.

Your total dedication to the hard training necessary to improve our performance standards and our county's standing, perhaps best demonstrated by your commitment to preparing for the All Ireland qualifiers in each of the four years, is to be admired. It is very easy to do that when you are regularly playing in League, Leinster or All-Ireland finals but when that prize is not as closely within your reach then it needs much greater character and love of place to commit yourself to the task.

Indeed that commitment was even more tested for those players who may not have got the playing opportunities of others. These are the real heroes I admire in every county panel. You are an exceptional group of players and, notwithstanding that CLG Laois has much immediate work to do at development level, I predict a bright future for the present Laois senior hurling team in the coming years.

I believe that the incoming management has a very dedicated and skilful young panel to work with, who will be coming into their peak performance years, and the job now comes with attractions. I would like to wish the new manager and his management team the very best for the future.

I also realise there is some ongoing conversation about the matter but I would prefer that we all move on and instead quickly get on with the work to put in place a new senior management team to lead the team forward in 2017.

Thanks again to everyone for your support.

Yours sincerely

Cheddar"
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Giovanni

A man with a bit of class.

Fair play to him. I know the style of hurling wasn't to everyone's liking but he brought a passion and commitment to the setup that was missing for years.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Giovanni on September 29, 2016, 04:54:59 PM
A man with a bit of class.

Fair play to him. I know the style of hurling wasn't to everyone's liking but he brought a passion and commitment to the setup that was missing for years.

That's it exactly, and not a bit surprising!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

Finbar,
All I ever asked of you was what would you suggest. All you seemed able to reply was "look for more money off Croke Park" and then more "coaches etc" and then "what Merman said". (Obviously they are not exact quotes).
All I have been doing is saying that somebody who effectively campaigned on here for Cheddar to go for I would say at least the last 12 months has surely at some stage thought of a replacement?
You've told me twice to "stop making a fool of yourself"- (makes no sense in the context of our discussion btw) while you have told at least two posters that they should "stick to the football threads". I suggested Arien Delaney in the first post on Cheddar going. You don't agree with him getting it either. Again as is your entitlement. Have you posted a single suggestion as  manager? Apologies If you have and I missed it.
Nobody has asked Finbar for all the answers- just a single concrete suggestion would be useful when the poster in question has been looking for change for a long time. I don't understand how you could be chanting (metaphorically speaking!) "Cheddar out!" for 12-18 months and never even consider who'd replace him.
Finally, Finbar,you are correct in saying that I don't know that no outside people are interested. I never said that! I could retype what I actually said, but if you couldn't read it properly the first time I don't see the point!
I have no problem posting back and forth but please leave out things like "stop making a fool of yourself", "get a life", "stick to the football", "if you don't leave me alone I'll get Merman to beat you up" and all that kind of stuff.
Cheers.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......