Farming.

Started by Family guy, September 13, 2012, 09:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Your neighbour would claim off his insurance co for any damage from your trees. His insurance co will likely chase yours. Your renewal premium will likely go up. You pay in the long run.

BennyCake

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 06, 2019, 10:22:43 PM
Your neighbour would claim off his insurance co for any damage from your trees. His insurance co will likely chase yours. Your renewal premium will likely go up. You pay in the long run.

Hmm, i don't have insurance. Land not attached to the house. Just a patch of land in the country, with nothing in it at the minute.

johnnycool

Anyone rising new spuds yet?

Had some of the Da in laws last night and they were big.

Good growing weather it seems.

Aristo 60

I'm replacing badly rusted exhaust pipe on MF35.

I've the exhaust clamp off so in theory only need to lift the pipe straight up and off but the rust is so bad the thing ain't budging even after spraying with copious WD40.

Any suggestions as to what to do next? Does it help if the pipe is hot and when do I resort to a hammer and chisel?

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 15, 2020, 09:07:17 PM

I've the exhaust clamp off so in theory only need to lift the pipe straight up and off but the rust is so bad the thing ain't budging even after spraying with copious WD40.

Any suggestions as to what to do next? Does it help if the pipe is hot and when do I resort to a hammer and chisel?

If you can get a bit of heat onto it with a torch it should start to free it up along some gentle persuasion with the hammer. Just be careful not to burn anything else!!

Aristo 60

Great, I wasn't too far away, thanks DY

johnnycool

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 15, 2020, 11:46:33 PM
Great, I wasn't too far away, thanks DY

If that doesn't work, run a small angle grinder up the part of the exhaust thats rusted onto the feed pipe, gently though.

that should release a bit of the pressure.

Aristo 60

J70

35s and 35Xs are still on the go?

Amazing machines. Fair fucks to ye!

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2020, 02:23:20 PM

Manys a young lad learned the joys of side breaks on the MF35's and 135s when scraping out the byres after milking.

J70

Quote from: johnnycool on July 16, 2020, 02:41:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2020, 02:23:20 PM

Manys a young lad learned the joys of side breaks on the MF35's and 135s when scraping out the byres after milking.

We'd a 135 when I was very young, but by the time I was old enough to learn, the auld boy have moved up to a bigger Ford tractor in his attempt to wring a living out of the wet Donegal hills.

Even that would look like a Matchbox toy compared to what you see about the roads these days though!

trailer

I'm in the market for a 135 myself.

Tony Baloney

If she's not blue, she won't do. The Father in Law still uses an old Ford 5000 daily and still has a wee Fordson Dexta he got back in the early 60s. The also have a MF but it's a source of some embarrassment.

J70

Quote from: trailer on July 17, 2020, 05:48:59 PM
I'm in the market for a 135 myself.

How much is a 50 year old 135 these days?