Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

One penalty converted from 9 attempts.

I like it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 17, 2019, 02:59:18 PM
Penalties
St endas win 1-0 on penalties!!
Dungannon missed all 5
What a joke of a way to decide the match
AI semi not until January
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 17, 2019, 03:10:28 PM
Penalties
Dungannon missed all 5
Dgn had 2 decent leads in the match and couldn't close it out. 4 pts up in ET!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 17, 2019, 03:18:42 PM
Penalties
Dungannon missed all 5

Blatant pull down on Dungannon player which would have won it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 17, 2019, 03:56:41 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 17, 2019, 03:18:42 PM
Penalties
Dungannon missed all 5

Blatant pull down on Dungannon player which would have won it

Were St Endas only in front in the final seconds of extra time?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

The game was won in added time but for a ridiculous free awarded for Dgn. That's my personal view and I fully accept others might see different

Last Man

And yes there was some game management at play by both teams who were in a final so what might anyone have done in the circumstances. Unreal effort by Dungannon, exactly what we accepted.

Last Man

Antrim Coaster

Great game of hurling. It was tough with some excellent play with several great scores between two evenly matched teams. Both teams gave everything and basically died with their boots on out on the pitch.

There was quite a strong breeze with Dungannon in the first half of normal / extra time where they were on top in each sector of the pitch.

Same for St Enda's in the second half of normal / extra time.

I thought the free in for Dungannon where Damien Casey equalised should have been awarded as a free out to Enda's for holding the hurl of the Enda's lad, but that was probably on the blind side of the referee who I thought had a good game.

Didn't agree with the booing from the Enda's fans while Casey was taking his free. 

To decide that contest on a penalty shoot out was nothing short of a disgrace. Surely the match could and should have been replayed at the same venue the following Saturday.

Again it seems the Ulster Council lived up to their 'F**k Hurling' stance when it came to closing out that particular fixture.

Congrats to Enda's who are now playing senior hurling and football next season after a long and bumpy road over many years.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 18, 2019, 08:22:31 AM
Great game of hurling. It was tough with some excellent play with several great scores between two evenly matched teams. Both teams gave everything and basically died with their boots on out on the pitch.

There was quite a strong breeze with Dungannon in the first half of normal / extra time where they were on top in each sector of the pitch.

Same for St Enda's in the second half of normal / extra time.

I thought the free in for Dungannon where Damien Casey equalised should have been awarded as a free out to Enda's for holding the hurl of the Enda's lad, but that was probably on the blind side of the referee who I thought had a good game.

Didn't agree with the booing from the Enda's fans while Casey was taking his free. 

To decide that contest on a penalty shoot out was nothing short of a disgrace. Surely the match could and should have been replayed at the same venue the following Saturday.

Again it seems the Ulster Council lived up to their 'F**k Hurling' stance when it came to closing out that particular fixture.

Congrats to Enda's who are now playing senior hurling and football next season after a long and bumpy road over many years.

Look the games was called off the week before so this was in effect a 'replay' time wise as such... One reason for finishing it on the day is it's done a dusted and allows the club to prepare for a semi final in Jan, they can rest up for a few weeks and recharge the batteries and plan for a tough match, could end up playing the Walsh brothers from Kilkenny!

We can't just keep having replay's all the time, its not pretty but some drama for the neutrals in fairness, the clubs would have known this beforehand so they there is an opportunity to discuss this with the right people

Hard luck on Dungannon and Colm I thought this was going to be a tough game having seen them play this year, should have beaten Keady last year in the semi. should they get out of Tyrone next year they'd be big favs for the title
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Its not just hurling that is having penalty shootouts, happening in both sports.  Be interesting to see if there is a draw in the senior football final though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BigBallWeeBall

I wonder if the Mageean Cup go to penalties tonight if required?  That's if game is still on with all the rain this week

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on November 22, 2019, 02:24:53 PM
I wonder if the Mageean Cup go to penalties tonight if required?  That's if game is still on with all the rain this week
Some turnaround in ET. Pens the last thing on anyone's mind.

ciaran1988

Anyone know if your allowed to go watch the senior county team training? My young nephew is bending me ear about taking him so he can get players signatures on his Hurl  ;D