Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2019, 12:44:51 PM
Quote from: t_mac on August 07, 2019, 12:21:37 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2019, 11:49:29 AM
You must be well in getting 4 AI Final tickets  ::)

There's plenty around the same four of us went to the 2017 All Ireland Final also as well as both semis then and in 2018 - maybe you are one of these posting here no tickets whilst doing feck all to source one.  ::)

It's just that I have no interest in paying big money to see other Counties' games.
I'd prefer to be one of the 50 at a Club game than be arsing around Croke Park when Ros aren't there.
Anyway Ros CB would only get around 200 AI tickets , if even that which nearly all go to CB officers, Club Chair and Sec and sponsors.

Fair enough - I think hurling at the top level is the best sport in the world and enjoy watching it, to me it puts football to the shade, I equally enjoying watching my kids play camogie or hurling at club level.

Angelo

Brolly coming across more and more like the stupid confident people he has been railing against of late.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

LeoMc

Quote from: blanketattack on August 07, 2019, 12:24:22 PM
Money can't be used as an excuse for Sky (and I have no problem with Sky getting GAA rights) as the money offered by TV3 was virtually the same.
I would rather that the GAA were taking the money off Sky / RTE / TG4 / Virgin 1 than from the fans at the gate. They are currently doing both.

blanketattack

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2019, 01:02:51 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 07, 2019, 12:24:22 PM
Money can't be used as an excuse for Sky (and I have no problem with Sky getting GAA rights) as the money offered by TV3 was virtually the same.

Sky is available in 32 counties, TV3 only available in 26.

80 counties if you include the 48 in England!

yellowcard

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2019, 11:10:47 AM
Oh come on, all the money from the Sky deal works it's way back to the clubs.

How is this Sky money distributed back to the clubs and where is the evidence that this is the case?

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2019, 12:07:36 PM
Quote from: iorras on August 07, 2019, 12:03:54 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2019, 11:10:47 AM
Oh come on, all the money from the Sky deal works it's way back to the clubs dubs.
Fixed that for ya there hardstation
Nonsense. There are struggling clubs all over the country who depend on this money. Indeed, selling all of the rights to our games to Sky will see our national games thrive at local level.
Exactly  Roughly what does Sky pay the GAA for that media package?

Rossfan

GAA media rights about €11m per annum.
50% from Sky?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

delgany

On another point , why don't Harte and Brolly start a campaign for Sky to be provided by all  health care companies  , in residential / sheltered homes. They are not short of making a few pound from the state as it is.

lenny

Quote from: delgany on August 07, 2019, 05:12:34 PM
On another point , why don't Harte and Brolly start a campaign for Sky to be provided by all  health care companies  , in residential / sheltered homes. They are not short of making a few pound from the state as it is.

You could be onto something there, I'd say Brolly and Harte would have a big influence on Murdoch.

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2019, 05:04:43 PM
GAA media rights about €11m per annum.
50% from Sky?
The GAA earned €11.2m in 2015  from media rights, before that 2016 deal was made.
The most  generous estimate in the 2014 negotiations was that Sky paid €500k p/a over and above what TV3 offered.
I doubt that figure.
I wouldn't imagine there was much of that claimed €500k trickling out of the Pale into the coffers of distant rural clubs.
Afaic all this talk about SKY money being a bonus to clubs up and down the country is pie in the sky, a fallacy.

And that's before a discussion about Sky's paltry viewing figures.

delgany

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 07, 2019, 07:56:39 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 07, 2019, 07:35:43 PM
Quote from: delgany on August 07, 2019, 05:12:34 PM
On another point , why don't Harte and Brolly start a campaign for Sky to be provided by all  health care companies  ,in residential / sheltered homes. They are not short of making a few pound from the state as it is.

You could be onto something there, I'd say Brolly and Harte would have a big influence on Murdoch.
None of the Murdoch family have any more involvement now with either Sky Ireland or Sky UK. Both are, since October last year, wholly owned subsidiaries of the American communications & media giant, Comcast.

The emphasis was on the health care providers here to provide Sky package , if you  read the thing correctly!! 

Main Street

It is notable though that old guys on their deathbed in hospital are more concerned with being able to watch on tv the goings on in the GAA championship, than their upcoming appointment with St Peter.

t_mac

Quote from: Main Street on August 07, 2019, 10:24:34 PM
It is notable though that old guys on their deathbed in hospital are more concerned with being able to watch on tv the goings on in the GAA championship, than their upcoming appointment with St Peter.

Ballbag

t_mac

Hopefully you don't have to sit and watch a parent dying who harks back to the old days watching gaa.

t_mac

Complete ballbag.